Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Daniel Thomas

I've been giving this guy some thought recently, in light of his ADP value....going late 10th-early 11th in non-ppr redrafts.

Yes, his injury-plagued rookie season was dismal.....at best. He started out well his 1st two games, going 42/202 rushing (almost 5 ypc) to go with 37 yards and a TD receiving. However, after that he injured his hammy and then went on to display sucktitude and, as we know, was upstaged by the versatile R. Bush.

Did he lose his confidence? Hurt worse than thought? Came back down to earth? One thing is for sure.....at 6'1"/228 he has good size. We also know all too well that Bush was exceptionally lucky to make it through the season unscathed. Yes, the Miami offense looks pathetic at best, especially after losing Marshall, and this is obviously a major strike against him.

Anybody taking a flier on this guy or have any pertinent information?

(per Rotoworld)

Daniel Thomas blames injuries for his disappointing rookie season.

"I know I've gotten better," he said. "The injuries affected me a lot last year. They messed my mind up. I lost the confidence I had. I didn't have the same burst I had earlier." After averaging 3.5 YPC and struggling after contact as a rookie, Thomas added seven pounds to his frame this offseason. He'll compete with starter Reggie Bush for carries.

I think he's a good flyer. Reggie Bush isn't as good as he looked last year and there's no saying whether his body can hold up to a full load. Thomas may not be tough as nails either, but that's a gamble you can take in the tenth round.

I agree with both of you guys. In the tenth round getting a back of his caliber, not to mention upside, is worth any risk involved. Bush had a phenomenal season, but to expect him to repeat would be kicking history to the curb. I'll have him tiered appropriately and if he's available late, I'm more than willing to roll the dice.

I think he may get some carries but probably not a whole lot. Reggie Bush is always a concern to finish the season, so he might be a good play if you dont think reggie will hold up. other than that i dont see how he would finish greater than a rb3/4.

a good flyer, but like other guys will need an injury

Reggie Bush thinks his role is the Dolphins' new offense is "going to be a little different from last year."

Last year, Bush was surprisingly used as an inside runner on his way to a career-high 216 rushing attempts for 1,086 yards. He knows that's not going to happen under new coach Joe Philbin. Bush is expected to return to his "hybrid" days, splitting out wide more and getting far less between-the-tackles carries. We're expecting second-year man Daniel Thomas to handle more of the early-down work.

Source: Palm Beach Post

Jun 21 - 8:26 AM

Bush is unpredictable and it's hard to see the Phins making it a whole season as their lead RB. Thomas is worth taking a look at late in drafts. He was brought there to do one thing and one rough rookie season won't mean they give up on him totally. He'll get his chance. It's what he does with it is the thing.

Reggie Bush is expecting his role to change

Reggie Bush thinks his role is the Dolphins' new offense is "going to be a little different from last year."

Last year, Bush was surprisingly used as an inside runner on his way to a career-high 216 rushing attempts for 1,086 yards. He knows that's not going to happen under new coach Joe Philbin. Bush is expected to return to his "hybrid" days, splitting out wide more and getting far fewer between-the-tackles carries. We expect second-year man Daniel Thomas to handle more early-down work.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/235140/reggie-bush-is-expecting-his-role-to-change

I think he's a great value. I never trust Bush.

If people are expecting Reggie Bush to put up similar numbers to last year, they probably believe in the tooth fairy & such. I'll take Thomas later in the draft since he's the best value & is the better between the tackles runner.

I think he's a good flyer. Reggie Bush isn't as good as he looked last year and there's no saying whether his body can hold up to a full load. Thomas may not be tough as nails either, but that's a gamble you can take in the tenth round.

I agree. He's a gamble that could surprise people and help your team getting him late. People are gonna overlook him during drafts and wherever you get him late is certainly worth the risk IMO.

I agree. He's a gamble that could surprise people and help your team getting him late. People are gonna overlook him during drafts and wherever you get him late is certainly worth the risk IMO.

Isnt even rated in the top 50 rb on my board.

Isnt even rated in the top 50 rb on my board.

thats awfully short sighted.

look at the facts.

Yes, Daniel Thomas looked bad last year. He ran tentatively, went down too easily, and ran too upright. He was a rookie

But the fact still remains that Reggie Bush has a history of not holding up and has never been an inside rusher. The Dolphins used a round 2 pick on Thomas and won't be giving up on him after 1 injury riddled year. His ffc ADP is late 9th round. If you can get him in the 10th round I don't see why not. By that time you should have your starting positional players filled plus probably 2 backups already. This is your RB 4 or 5 here.

thats awfully short sighted.

look at the facts.

Yes, Daniel Thomas looked bad last year. He ran tentatively, went down too easily, and ran too upright. He was a rookie

But the fact still remains that Reggie Bush has a history of not holding up and has never been an inside rusher. The Dolphins used a round 2 pick on Thomas and won't be giving up on him after 1 injury riddled year. His ffc ADP is late 9th round. If you can get him in the 10th round I don't see why not. By that time you should have your starting positional players filled plus probably 2 backups already. This is your RB 4 or 5 here.

Profootballfocus has his current 2012 dynasty ADP at the HB51. Apparently I am not the only one who doesn't have him in their top 50.

Profootballfocus has his current 2012 dynasty ADP at the HB51. Apparently I am not the only one who doesn't have him in their top 50.

well then, if profootballfocus has him at HB51, it must be true :thumbsup:

well then, if profootballfocus has him at HB51, it must be true :thumbsup:

Wow you really believe that? I mean i was just giving an example of others who may think similarly of thomas but i dont think it is set in stone because of it. You shouldnt just take a websites rankings as gospel.

I have never claimed to be 100% right about anything ffball before it actually happens. I may be wrong on this one. I was just giving my own opinion on what kind of caliber rb he was and providing evidence that i may not be as far off as you think.

Wow you really believe that? I mean i was just giving an example of others who may think similarly of thomas but i dont think it is set in stone because of it. You shouldnt just take a websites rankings as gospel.

I have never claimed to be 100% right about anything ffball before it actually happens. I may be wrong on this one. I was just giving my own opinion on what kind of caliber rb he was and providing evidence that i may not be as far off as you think.

well you obviously know I was being sarcastic.

of course there is nothing wrong with having your own opinion on a guy.

however, you actually gave no opinion on the caliber of Rb he was except to say he is outside your top 50 rankings. You never actually discussed anything about Thomas and after I laid out my view point, you simply cited another website having him outside their top 50 as well. To me this isn't evidence to support your stance.

I guess what im saying is I would be interested to hear your reasoning why you feel that way instead of just simply saying another website agrees with you.