Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Well at least Saturday Night Live did one thing right

Early on before everyone tuned out, they did a skit on two different guys getting fired for sexual harassment and how women are completely schizophrenic as to whether it's harassment or not depending upon whether they like the guy or not.

Honestly, I don't know how we ever fix a problem like this when you have a double level of subjectivity. First, the subjectivity of one particular Woman versus another. And second, the subjectivity of "well Allen's cute but David is creepy!" How the f*** can you enforce something where two guys do exactly the same thing to two different women and one gets giggled at and the other one loses his career and his reputation.?

Early on before everyone tuned out, they did a skit on two different guys getting fired for sexual harassment and how women are completely schizophrenic as to whether it's harassment or not depending upon whether they like the guy or not.

Honestly, I don't know how we ever fix a problem like this when you have a double level of subjectivity. First, the subjectivity of one particular Woman versus another. And second, the subjectivity of "well Allen's cute but David is creepy!" How the f*** can you enforce something where two guys do exactly the same thing to two different women and one gets giggled at and the other one loses his career and his reputation.?

Stop hiring women

Didn't they do this skit with Tom Brady a few years ago?

I missed the sketch. Link?

Didn't watch it but I was watching Neil Cavuto earlier this week talking to one of Fox's thigh model talking heads and she said something akin to if a man in the workplace tells you, That's a pretty dress, an acceptable reaction would be, I don't feel comfortable with you talking about my appearance.

Really? Listen, you dumb ######, I hate the dress and you look like a horse who's wearing makeup. I was just trying to be nice.

Also, in science fiction movies this is why all the aliens dress alike. They have been through this bullshit and said fock it. Everybody's wearing the exact same uniform.

Didn't watch it but I was watching Neil Cavuto earlier this week talking to one of Fox's thigh model talking heads and she said something akin to if a man in the workplace tells you, That's a pretty dress, an acceptable reaction would be, I don't feel comfortable with you talking about my appearance.

Really? Listen, you dumb ######, I hate the dress and you look like a horse who's wearing makeup. I was just trying to be nice.

Yeah you cant compliment them. If you do maybe its a come-on or at least perceived that way. Or some other gal overhears and then she feels like shes been mistreated because you didnt compliment HER dress. So being the nice guy that you are you compliment her a few days later and then obviously its just that you wanted to fock her on that day because how come you didnt compliment her the other days when she was showing a little less cleavage?

On and on it goes. Best policy is to simply say nothing about appearances, ever

Why is it considered acceptable for women to grab and hold my arm while they are talking to me? I know my guns are rock-solid, but that doesn't mean that you get to touch them. I have also had women grab and squeeze my ass at work. I work in a car factory, so that tells you the type of beasts that are assailing me. I have not gone to HR, because I'm a man, and not a whiny twat like women are in the workplace.

Keep your hands to yourselves ladies... unless you are good looking, then I will accept your groping.

It's OK that assault and harassment of an undoubtedly inappropriate nature is being called out. (Eta: As opposed to appropriate assault and harassment :ninja:)

The inclusion of all the grey, because that is how identity politics (post modern Marxism?) works (you have to validate any possible viewpoint of perceived injury, in honor of the collective, if you assert that a sect or sects of your identity experience microaggression), is making things precarious.

But, people can tell when their flirting or even just their informal congeniality does not have the intended effect. PC culture aside, continuing on would be part of the objective definition of being creepy, and possibly power tripping depending on the context.

No one in the high profile realm has been fired because of something a woman didn't giggle at and instead found to be harassing. It's been more serious accusations, and usually with regards to patterns as well.

Is this something to be concerned about though? A woman finds homely Steve's compliment of her dress to be sexual harassment. Voices the concern to HR. HR, scared of not doing the politically correct thing, basically has to be fire homely Steve to be on the safe side.

If that was actually the case, or on the way to becoming the case, I would totally understand how the sentiment in post #2 would grow. Resentment would entrench. We're all being played and maybe that is the point? The best lies are mostly truth, the most fertile seeds of discord draw on valid problems? Stuff like this makes me feel like everyday

gets clearer.

Women basically brought pc into the workplace. Prior to that it was a man's world and men are crude. Now people spend 10 hours a day pretending they are honest, asexual (except gays of course), and open-minded.

• Like 1

I have seen a few instances of guys acting inappropriately with no repercussions at all in the business world. Ive never in my 20 years seen a woman make a stink to HR or claim harassment over anything at all. My conclusion is that some of these public cases may be attention seekers but in the general working world false claims are infinitely less common than actual abuse.

I have seen a few instances of guys acting inappropriately with no repercussions at all in the business world. Ive never in my 20 years seen a woman make a stink to HR or claim harassment over anything at all. My conclusion is that some of these public cases may be attention seekers but in the general working world false claims are infinitely less common than actual abuse.

The premise of your post may well be correct but consider that HR complaints must be confidential. So you really have no idea what kind of complaints have been levied and whether they had merit or not

I saw several before I left the corporate world 9 years ago.

I also once worked for a company that offered out sourced HR services. One of the most popular services was sexual harassment training. Most of the companies that bought that service were currently dealing with an issue or had just finished dealing with one.

Part of the training class centered around a video we produced that started Corbin Bernsen, Curtis Armstrong and Kathy Ireland in a spoof of the legs crossing scene from Basic Instinct. We had another one abourbworlplace violence that started some other C listers, but I dont remember which ones.

I always wondered how much we had to pay those has beens since it was a start up that only lasted a few years.

The premise of your post may well be correct but consider that HR complaints must be confidential. So you really have no idea what kind of complaints have been levied and whether they had merit or not

I can only judge based on the cases that got back to me, but I never once have heard about a patently fake harassment claim. I have heard about a couple meritness discrimination claims though most recently one based on age.

My experience is similar. I don't WTF all these guys are worried about. It's OK to compliment a woman, too. Just don't make it flirty unless you think it will be well received and can deal with the consequences if it isn't. But it's not rocket science if a woman is interested, and I don't think there are many chicks just waiting around to be offended.

Everyone can only dip from their own well of experience, so I can't say anybody is definitively right or wrong in this case.

However, I can tell you that I've seen multiple instances where harassment complaints seem to appear out of thin air. Generally, it happens on the lower end of the employment / intelligence Spectrum and generally it happens with women who already know that they're on the bubble job-wise.

There are many stories, the one that was most clear-cut was a fellow manager that I knew. Solid Christian, loved his kids more than anything happily married to a good looking wife and he actually asked his wife 'hey what can I say to a woman that wouldn't possibly trigger HR?' I mean, that's how conscientious this guy was. Wife answers, 'say something about the color of a certain top especially if it's new that way you're not talking about their body it's a color it's gender-neutral yada yada.'

Sure enough, he gets called down to HR by one of the women I described above. As a manager in a public firm where you have to deal with the public and go and recruit from colleges? Just the accusation alone is a death knell.

I've talked to HR managers and this guy's HR was no different. HR will openly admit that they've been screwed so many times that their policy these days is essentially 'if it makes you feel uncomfortable we can't do anything until you Lodge a complaint.'

Guy was basically put on a corrective plan. Wasn't allowed on college recruiting trips anymore. And generally tainted throughout the firm even though everyone knew he was a fantastic guy.

The accuser went and worked for another manager and was gone within 3 months. Just blatantly late and stupid and incompetent. But the firm ended up settling anyway.

I generally have no respect for HR in the first place. But this policy of if you feel offended say something and there's absolutely no investigation no common sense no interviewing of other co-workers Etc makes no sense whatsoever. Hell, they can't even investigate her prior disciplinary record because of course, that would be 'victim-blaming.'

So, I can respect that maybe you haven't encountered things like this. But there are far greater things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy Horatio.

it's a freaking nightmare out there. The same woman that will come in crying and you ask her what's wrong and she goes on for half an hour about her boyfriend, is the same woman who won't think twice about going to HR to complain that you said something that was borderline inappropriate for the workplace.

You can't win. Either you're too distant, or you won't hire women, or you just created the Minefield that's going to blow your legs off.

Everybody knows about the dichotomies, dualities, Flatout schizoid nature of many women. Hell, even women joke about it. But God forbid you try to bring up any sort of affirmative defense in the workplace. You're just digging yourself in deeper.

Maybe he is banging the emo porker chick in HR and this topic is their pillow talk.

I missed the sketch. Link?

Never understood this mentality on this board.

Could People at least try to Google something before taking the time to post.?

You're not the only one penny, it's just the latest example. In the time it took you to type that and post that, you could have gone to Google and type in SNL sexual harassment.

It's one of the first results obviously. In this case, look for the Charlie skit.

And, predictably, the feminazis are Furious about the sketch because frankly it's just all too realistic.

Never understood this mentality on this board.

Could People at least try to Google something before taking the time to post.?

You're not the only one penny, it's just the latest example. In the time it took you to type that and post that, you could have gone to Google and type in SNL sexual harassment.

It's one of the first results obviously. In this case, look for the Charlie skit.

And, predictably, the feminazis are Furious about the sketch because frankly it's just all too realistic.

Why should we bother. You want to bring up a skit to talk about ? Post a link. Talk about a local story from the newspaper- post a link.

Fvcking Toolbag

sorry Wiff. It was a a superb idea on their part, but the execution/writing was terrible.

Why should we bother. You want to bring up a skit to talk about ? Post a link. Talk about a local story from the newspaper- post a link.

Fvcking Retard.

F*** you. You're too f****** stupid to operate the Google.

sorry Wiff. It was a a superb idea on their part, but the execution/writing was terrible.

Agree. It's like these guys don't even rehearse at all and I know they do. Still, like you I give them credit for at least being one of the few voices to bring up the concept of nuance and duplicity.

Agree. It's like these guys don't even rehearse at all and I know they do. Still, like you I give them credit for at least being one of the few voices to bring up the concept of nuance and duplicity.

:thumbsup:

They even mentioned Franken, which was surprising. Even during Weekend Update, Michael Che did a thing against liberal women. Wasn't funny,. but the idea was superb

If that happens who the hell is going to bring me my Blooming Onion? :mad:

I hear MDC brews a mean Keurig cup, and he's a "man".

Is Kate McKinnon in every skit nowadays?

Best I can tell, she's the only one with any Talent. But yeah, that shiit is wearing really thin really fast.