Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Itunes vs Spotify vs Pandora vs Amazon Prime Unlimited

Did you forget to login as your other alias, retard?

I sort of assumed djgb was newbie

It's been a while. Last time I used it i got a message that it was down but then it worked later that day.

There are plenty if other converter sites though

I remember seeing this service but was skeptical. Do you find the quality of the mp3 file to be good? Like, identical to the way it sounds on youtube, I guess?

I remember seeing this service but was skeptical. Do you find the quality of the mp3 file to be good? Like, identical to the way it sounds on youtube, I guess?

Yeah. So if you're using a music video that has more going on than just the song, you're going to get all that too obviously so often times its better to use a link to a lyrics video for the song

Yeah. So if you're using a music video that has more going on than just the song, you're going to get all that too obviously so often times its better to use a link to a lyrics video for the song

Nice, think I will try this. :thumbsup: And I guess if you want an entire album, you would want to do each track separately so you'll have separate mp3s, instead of one big mp3 where you can't skip from track to track.

Retard? Did you and I not get along or something? I don't remember that.

Nice, think I will try this. :thumbsup: And I guess if you want an entire album, you would want to do each track separately so you'll have separate mp3s, instead of one big mp3 where you can't skip from track to track.

Yeah. Would make sense. I don't usually go for full albums. I'm more of a downloaded of certain songs i like rather than complete artists.

Retard? Did you and I not get along or something? I don't remember that.

Is the girl in your avatar still relevant? If not, could we see the latest? :banana:

that is a good reason to get prime music.

:lol:

I am just not a huge fan of Pandora. I think it's because I'm kind of particular with which songs I like. Back in the day I was lucky to like 4 songs on an entire cd. Even after crafting it I still would get annoyed with the song selection.

If you can take the time to set up Spotify with the songs you want in your Playlist and don't mind random, I prefer spotify

I just signed up for Amazon Music Unlimited. I chose the 3.99 plan and the first month is free. Every song we've asked Alexa to play they have had but they need an interface on Amazon's website so I can search and play directly to my Echo instead of my laptop. Maybe they already do and I'm missing it.

Does amazon have an app for the music? I like the convenience of having Spotify and using the app. So if I'm going to spend money a month on it I was an app that's user friendly that I can play in my truck or when I go workout. Same with having playlists on there

Does amazon have an app for the music? I like the convenience of having Spotify and using the app. So if I'm going to spend money a month on it I was an app that's user friendly that I can play in my truck or when I go workout. Same with having playlists on there

None that I have found. Amazon's website lets you see albums and search etc. The Alexa app is really minimal and not that user friendly. Hopefully it is somethig they focus on soon. (a better app)

None that I have found. Amazon's website lets you see albums and search etc. The Alexa app is really minimal and not that user friendly. Hopefully it is somethig they focus on soon. (a better app)

I know Spotify doesn't have some songs/albums/artists on there that's why I was wondering if amazon had an app for music that was as user friendly as Spotify. Oh well. I'll just wait for a while longer to see if they somehow improve the amazon music. I know Jay Z's music streaming service Tidal is essentially a failed streaming service but was supposed to have more music on there. But it turned out to not live up to its hype

Yes, Amazon Music.

I have it on my phone, and my playlist I created online shows up on my phone. I even have the option to download the songs directly to my phone, so I'm not 'streaming' them every time I listen.

So far, almost all of the music I have looked for is available.

Yes, Amazon Music.

I have it on my phone, and my playlist I created online shows up on my phone. I even have the option to download the songs directly to my phone, so I'm not 'streaming' them every time I listen.

So far, almost all of the music I have looked for is available.

Ooh ok. How much is it a month? I already pay yearly for amazon prime and monthly for Spotify but I'm always looking for more things for music :thumbsup:

Ooh ok. How much is it a month? I already pay yearly for amazon prime and monthly for Spotify but I'm always looking for more things for music :thumbsup:

IDK. I actually thought it was included in yearly cost of Prime.

IDK. I actually thought it was included in yearly cost of Prime.

It is, but they recently came out with a new one, Music Unlimited with more songs for an added fee.

It is, but they recently came out with a new one, Music Unlimited with more songs for an added fee.

Thanks. Thought it was. Between Spotify and what I am getting from Amazon is more then enough.

Yea that's the one I thought y'all were talking about. That's the one I wanted to know more about

Want your music completely free?

Google youtube to mp3 converter. I don't remember the name of the one I use off hand.

Open youtube and play the song-music video you want.

Copy the youtube URL

Paste into the converter and click convert.

Song will save on your hard drive and can be manually dropped into your itunes.

From there it sounds like you can USB connect your ipod or iPhone and play your music.

If you don't have an ipod or ipad or iPhone or icock you can just drop all the files into whatever device you plan on using

I will be trying this when I get home in 3 hrs. I'm skeptical, but desperate since the Feds killed Kickass torrents.

We shall see...

$9 a month if you're a prime member.

$9 a month if you're a prime member.

I downloaded the app. Trying to figure out how I can upgrade it to the unlimited. App isn't really showing me much of how to do it

What's the difference between the regular Amazon music and the Amazon music unlimited?

We are prime members so I tried the Amazon app while on my flight home from Florida. I don't know if it was a problem with the wifi on the plane, but whenever I came back to surf here or other sites, the music stopped after about 30 seconds. I've since used it while running a tabata workout app and it worked fine. I'm generally not picky about songs and fine with a "station" like 90s Alternative while I work out, or just for background music, and it seems fine. You can also select individual songs/artists.

Wife likes iHeartRadio, that has the bonus of having some actual stations, if you are away and want to listen to a game for instance. Maybe Amazon has that but I haven't looked. Free Pandora is OK but the ads are a pain. Haven't used spotify but my kids like it I think, and they know this tech stuff. I think like spotify, the free app has some limits. :dunno:

I downloaded the app. Trying to figure out how I can upgrade it to the unlimited. App isn't really showing me much of how to do it

Cause the app sucks. The whole thing is a goat fock. Their entire site is getting worse imo. I try to play a song from their Music Unlimited site and it plays on my laptop, not on my Dot. Nothing about any of this is user friendly. I might cancel after the free month unless they fix this. It's retarded.

We are prime members so I tried the Amazon app while on my flight home from Florida. I don't know if it was a problem with the wifi on the plane, but whenever I came back to surf here or other sites, the music stopped after about 30 seconds. I've since used it while running a tabata workout app and it worked fine. I'm generally not picky about songs and fine with a "station" like 90s Alternative while I work out, or just for background music, and it seems fine. You can also select individual songs/artists.

Wife likes iHeartRadio, that has the bonus of having some actual stations, if you are away and want to listen to a game for instance. Maybe Amazon has that but I haven't looked. Free Pandora is OK but the ads are a pain. Haven't used spotify but my kids like it I think, and they know this tech stuff. I think like spotify, the free app has some limits. :dunno:

Spotify members are able to "download" music to listen to when they aren't connected to wifi/cell signal. I can't remember what else the members are able to do but that was my biggest reason for becoming a member. When I workout, run, or driving and want to listen to music then it comes in handy. So I use it quite a bit.

Cause the app sucks. The whole thing is a goat fock. Their entire site is getting worse imo. I try to play a song from their Music Unlimited site and it plays on my laptop, not on my Dot. Nothing about any of this is user friendly. I might cancel after the free month unless they fix this. It's retarded.

Amazon does too many things so they don't excel at any of these kinds of services.

It's like how Amazon prime video sucks compared to Netflix (except it has some content Netflix doesn't and vice versa).

Personally I would go with Apple Music if I were really into one of these services. (I use prime but only because it's free with membership and I don't listen to a ton of music anyway.) Apple's been focusing on this kind of thing since the first iPod way back when so they know what they're doing

I will be trying this when I get home in 3 hrs. I'm skeptical, but desperate since the Feds killed Kickass torrents.

We shall see...

It works. Haven't used it in years but it works.

I miss kickass for kindle books I used allegedly downloaded

It works. Haven't used it in years but it works.

I miss kickass for kindle books I used allegedly downloaded

Holy crap it worked - and it's too easy. Two clicks and it's immediately on my desktop. BTW - I simply installed a Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-video-and-audio-dow/

I'm surprised Firefox supports that - obviously ripe for abuse. :dunno:

There are four most popular music streaming services. the best one I like is iTunes as an Apple fan. I have lots of Apple devices, such as Mac, iPod Touch, etc.

Besides, to make iTunes music more convenient to play on devices, I have found a professional iTunes DRM Audio Converter for Windows to download and convert iTunes audio files, like Apple Music, audiobooks to MP3 files.

So which one is your best choice?

There are four most popular music streaming services. the best one I like is iTunes as an Apple fan. I have lots of Apple devices, such as Mac, iPod Touch, etc.

Besides, to make iTunes music more convenient to play on devices, I have found a professional iTunes DRM Audio Converter for Windows to download and convert iTunes audio files, like Apple Music, audiobooks to MP3 files.

So which one is your best choice?

Definitely not the Chinese one you are peddling.