Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

The Manica Patrick progress thread.

:lol:

I was reading something the other day about some testing done on athletes in different sports that was saying about how a top level baseball hitter could read a record label spinning at 33 where as an average NASCAR driver could read it at 78.

Thought that was kinda interesting is all.

I'm not sure I believe he can read.

You won't set the hook this time, sporto. Like it or not NASCAR is a sport in every definition. :wave:

Dayum, that was some good bait too. :(

Turn LEFT$#@!@@#$!

I'm not sure I believe he can read.

How can you not like Michael? Dude is funny as hell. He's obviously not competitive anymore but he reminds me of a huge Kenny Wallace. :thumbsup:

I am a huge Nascar fan, attend a couple races a year and pretty much have it on every Sunday during the season---so it's not like I'm not just jumping down your throat for giggles, I just don't see what happened this weekend as a good barometer of what she's/anyone's capable of doing. I just got a kick out you critizing her when she had a mechanical issue(I don't think the earlier rub was the reason, can't be sure though) and judging her on that. When she blew the tire she was 27th, lead lap...where Kurt Busch ended up finishing. Let's see how she does at Vegas, which is the first of the cookie cutter tracks, before we start judging her abilities.

I'm not sure how you mean marketing ploy though. She obviously came for the money, cause if it's was about her having the best chance to win, she would of stayed at Andretti racing and continued with the cars she has the most familiarity. And Stewart rushed her up to the top series because she probably brings as much sponsorship money as he and Newman combined.

I guess the answer is Yes to both, I think she can be competive(as any rookie driver will be) and it is a marketing ploy. If she was seriously trying to hone her craft, she would of done a 2nd full season in Nation wide. I see her probably being in the league of Sam Hornish when he tried to make the switch. Occasional top 10's, but I'd be SHOCKED if she finished top 20 in points this season. If she doesn't finish better than 30th for the season, with her equipment, then I'd agree she's not competive. And that's not a real high bar I'm setting there.

Okay, yeah, she stinks on ice.

33 out of 43. Good Effort :first:

6 or 7 laps off the pace, to boot. Atleast she got to drive around in the back with her boyfriend all day.

6 or 7 laps off the pace, to boot. Atleast she got to drive around in the back with her boyfriend all day.

She was two laps down 50 laps in to the race since there wasn't a caution. She gets killed whenever there's an extended green flag run. Except at gimmick races of course, like restrictor plate or gas mileage races. When it's straight up skill she is far inferior.

I watched the Nationwide race and they were talking about Sam Hornish. He's racing full time in the Nationwide series because Penske can't find sponsorship for him in the Cup series. Bear in mind, this is a guy who won the Indy 500 and the IRL. It's pathetic that sponsors would rather spend their money on a mediocre chick simply because she's good looking FOR A RACE CAR DRIVER. Not necessarily model hot IRL but compared to other chicks in motor sports she's considered hot. So they'd rather sponsor her than someone who's actually a great driver.

She was two laps down 50 laps in to the race since there wasn't a caution. She gets killed whenever there's an extended green flag run. Except at gimmick races of course, like restrictor plate or gas mileage races. When it's straight up skill she is far inferior.

I watched the Nationwide race and they were talking about Sam Hornish. He's racing full time in the Nationwide series because Penske can't find sponsorship for him in the Cup series. Bear in mind, this is a guy who won the Indy 500 and the IRL. It's pathetic that sponsors would rather spend their money on a mediocre chick simply because she's good looking FOR A RACE CAR DRIVER. Not necessarily model hot IRL but compared to other chicks in motor sports she's considered hot. So they'd rather sponsor her than someone who's actually a great driver.

She was also very mediocre in IRL. All hype :thumbsdown:

I'm interested in watching Travis Pastrana in the Nationwide series. If he sticks with it and gets a few sponsers, I could see him competing on the Sprint Cup level in a few years.

There has been a few good Indy and F1 racers in the past that couldn't cut it in Neckcar.

I think we can all agree that F1 is the pinnacle of autosports.

There has been a few good Indy and F1 racers in the past that couldn't cut it in Neckcar.

I think we can all agree that F1 is the pinnacle of autosports.

Juan Pablo is another who has been mediocre in NASCAR. Dude is raking in the dough while barely cracking the top 25.

There is no way Danica will ever be top 25. I doubt she'll finish within 10 laps of the leaders at Bristol, but she is worth millions to NASCAR and right now NASCAR needs her.

Hornish is the reason I don't think Danica will succeed. He rushed into this, didn't really cut his teeth in Nationwide, learning the difference between open-wheel and stock and despite have good equipment, was a 20th place driver. Danica isn't in Sam's league as a driver, but I wanted to give her at least til Vegas to see what she could do. Stewart cars/Hendrick engines and 6 laps off the pace....Hendrick should tell Tony she has to get her engines somewhere else, cause that's embarrassing. If she was serious about this, she would of done another year in Nationwide.

Juan Pablo is another who has been mediocre in NASCAR. Dude is raking in the dough while barely cracking the top 25.

There is no way Danica will ever be top 25. I doubt she'll finish within 10 laps of the leaders at Bristol, but she is worth millions to NASCAR and right now NASCAR needs her.I rea

I've been surprised that JP hasn't done better in Nascar. I wonder what he would do with a better team, but at this point you wonder if that will ever happen.

There is no way Danica will ever be top 25. I doubt she'll finish within 10 laps of the leaders at Bristol, but she is worth millions to NASCAR and right now NASCAR needs her.

No question about it. :thumbsup:

At least Juan has won on a road course or two. :D

Part of the reason I started this thread is because of Newbie and his retarded ilk saying that Nascar drivers aren't athletes because a girl is "competing" with them on the top level.

For the record, I have a great respect for Danica and all that she has accomplished so far in her career.

For the record, I have a great respect for Danica and all that she has accomplished so far in her career.

Her 1 Indy car win in like 3-5 years of doing it, Go Daddy Commercials , maxim spread? which one?

Her 1 Indy car win in like 3-5 years of doing it, Go Daddy Commercials , maxim spread? which one?

Didn't she do that in Japan?

Didn't she do that in Japan?

Yes. Basically she won because her crew chief figured out the optimum time to stop for fuel and she was able to pit one less time then anyone ahead of her and took a fuel mileage race.

Yes. Basically she won because her crew chief figured out the optimum time to stop for fuel and she was able to pit one less time then anyone ahead of her and took a fuel mileage race.

Really? I didn't know that she ever won a race in IRL.

Good for her :thumbsup:

Mainly the racing aspect, but I applaud her for everything else that you mentioned.

Kinda like Sears Point or Watkins Glenn strategy, right?

Either way, she won :thumbsup:

All these guys suck. I can't believe they are even allowed to race. What a bunch of failures.

Mark Martin (Winless streak: 107 races)

Martin Truex Jr. (Winless streak: 205)

Jeff Burton (Winless streak: 151)

Jamie McMurray (Winless streak: 79)

Juan Pablo Montoya (Winless streak: 88)

Bobby Labonte (Winless streak: 326)

David Reutimann (Winless streak: 80)

Casey Mears (Winless streak: 191)

Terry Labonte (Winless streak: 112)

Ken Schrader (Winless streak: 565)

Joe Nemechek (Winless streak: 269)

She's really not that good at either IRL or Nascar. She does make them a lot of money being either most or 2nd/3rd most popular racer - Dale Jr. and JJ - but JJ might be the best ever when he calls it quits - even better than Dale Sr. or Petty

There's been a few model type athletes mostly in tennis that have been good - now Rousey in MMA but no women has ever excelled competing against professional men.

Though I will say Stefi Graf in her prime might of beaten some of the men - though I'm not sure I would call her a "model" type... Though Agassi dropped Brooke Shields for her...

Kinda like Sears Point or Watkins Glenn strategy, right?

Either way, she won :thumbsup:

Lots of people win fuel milage races. Dale Earnhardt Jr. broke his streak by winning a fuel mileage race in Michigan. Keslowski and Stewart won a few that way last year. Watkins and Sears have been won by fuel strategies, but I don't think so last year, though guys were sure trying for it early. It's an element of racing that happens, it's more tactical than skill when you win that way was my point---that I didn't make very well.

As an aside they need to add another road course race on the schedule, years ago the stock guys were pretty boring on the road courses, but those have really become some of the best races of the year. They're not crazy long(some guys do it on 2 stops) and with all the breaking, there's a lot more passing than we've seen at a lot of the ovals lately. I'd like to see Road America host a Nascar race along with the Nationwide one they have.

All these guys suck. I can't believe they are even allowed to race. What a bunch of failures.

Mark Martin (Winless streak: 107 races)

Martin Truex Jr. (Winless streak: 205)

Jeff Burton (Winless streak: 151)

Jamie McMurray (Winless streak: 79)

Juan Pablo Montoya (Winless streak: 88)

Bobby Labonte (Winless streak: 326)

David Reutimann (Winless streak: 80)

Casey Mears (Winless streak: 191)

Terry Labonte (Winless streak: 112)

Ken Schrader (Winless streak: 565)

Joe Nemechek (Winless streak: 269)

Back under the bridge, Troll. :wave:

Though I will say Stefi Graf in her prime might of beaten some of the men - though I'm not sure I would call her a "model" type... Though Agassi dropped Brooke Shields for her...

Huge Stefi Graf fan. But......She would have gotten killed by the men. Ask the Williams sisters.

She's really not that good at either IRL or Nascar. She does make them a lot of money being either most or 2nd/3rd most popular racer - Dale Jr. and JJ - but JJ might be the best ever when he calls it quits - even better than Dale Sr. or Petty

There's been a few model type athletes mostly in tennis that have been good - now Rousey in MMA but no women has ever excelled competing against professional men.

Our resident Tennis fhag Jocstrap could have beaten her. Easily. According to him, anyhoo

I tend to believe him :dunno:

Lots of people win fuel milage races. Dale Earnhardt Jr. broke his streak by winning a fuel mileage race in Michigan. Keslowski and Stewart won a few that way last year. Watkins and Sears have been won by fuel strategies, but I don't think so last year, though guys were sure trying for it early. It's an element of racing that happens, it's more tactical than skill when you win that way was my point---that I didn't make very well.

As an aside they need to add another road course race on the schedule, years ago the stock guys were pretty boring on the road courses, but those have really become some of the best races of the year. They're not crazy long(some guys do it on 2 stops) and with all the breaking, there's a lot more passing than we've seen at a lot of the ovals lately. I'd like to see Road America host a Nascar race along with the Nationwide one they have.

Point #1 - I agree with you 100%. I remember Geoff Bodine winning Watkins Glen many many moons ago due to a good call (pitting out of sequence) by the crew chief. Why do I remember this, you ask? He was my 3d driver in my fantasy Nascar league at the time. :lol:

Point #2 - Road America would be pretty damn cool. Prolly should be 4 road courses every year IMO. Mebbe add Circuit of the Americas in Austin? I'm not too sure how good that course would be for NASCAR...I've only seen a couple of races on it, but damn, it looks smooth as hell. :thumbsup:

Edjr (Winless streak: 45 years)

Point #1 - I agree with you 100%. I remember Geoff Bodine winning Watkins Glen many many moons ago due to a good call (pitting out of sequence) by the crew chief. Why do I remember this, you ask? He was my 3d driver in my fantasy Nascar league at the time. :lol:

Point #2 - Road America would be pretty damn cool. Prolly should be 4 road courses every year IMO. Mebbe add Circuit of the Americas in Austin? I'm not too sure how good that course would be for NASCAR...I've only seen a couple of races on it, but damn, it looks smooth as hell. :thumbsup:

You do fantasy Nascar..that's hella gay!!!!

(my team sucked eggs last week)

JJ has the charisma of wet toast, as do a vast majority of drivers. He should dominate the airwaves as a spokesman for something, yet doesn't. Even Danica could not sell water in the desert without taking her top off. NASCAR is desperate for a cross sports star.

She doesn't deserve to be driving NASCAR for not winning in 15 consecutive races, but the other bums can go almost 8 years

:doublethumbsup:

She doesn't deserve to be driving NASCAR for not winning in 15 consecutive races, but the other bums can go almost 8 years

:doublethumbsup:

We already told you to get back under the bridge.

Our resident Tennis fhag Jocstrap could have beaten her. Easily. According to him, anyhoo

I tend to believe him :dunno:

Joc as much as I respect the guy would have gotten his azz kicked by Graf -- Joc might of won a few college doubles titles but were talking about probably the best female tennis player ever (between her and MANrtina - who I don't count because that b!itch was on some kind of steroid). #2 all time women's tennis I would say Serena over the dyke (pick one King or Martina).

Joc as much as I respect the guy would have gotten his azz kicked by Graf -- Joc might of won a few college doubles titles but were talking about probably the best female tennis player ever (between her and MANrtina - who I don't count because that b!itch was on some kind of steroid). #2 all time women's tennis I would say Serena over the dyke (pick one King or Martina).

Wonder where that fool is? I haven't seen him posting in quite awhile.

Karsten Braasch vs. the Williams sisters

A fourth event dubbed "Battle of the sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[19] between the 203rd ranked male player Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. The match took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park.[20] First Braasch took on Venus Williams and beat her 6–2. He also played Serena Williams and won 6–1 after the Williams sisters, who were 17 and 16 at the time, said they could beat any man ranked 200 or worse. Braasch was 15 years older than Serena and Venus, and had drunk 2 beers and played one round of golf that morning.[21] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance" as he claimed he had played like someone ranked 600 in order to keep the game "fun."[22]

A fourth event dubbed "Battle of the sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[19] between the 203rd ranked male player Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. The match took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park.[20] First Braasch took on Venus Williams and beat her 6–2. He also played Serena Williams and won 6–1 after the Williams sisters, who were 17 and 16 at the time, said they could beat any man ranked 200 or worse. Braasch was 15 years older than Serena and Venus, and had drunk 2 beers and played one round of golf that morning.[21] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance" as he claimed he had played like someone ranked 600 in order to keep the game "fun."[22]

That's because tennis players are athletes and your sex makes a huge difference. Unlike sitting in a freaking car.

You think the Williams sisters were nearly as good as Graf in her prime? And The Williams at that time were NOWHERE near their primes especially Serena. Sorry but poor example

That's because tennis players are athletes and your sex makes a huge difference. Unlike sitting in a freaking car.

\

I would agree that race car drivers are a Highly hazardous competitive entertainment employee's. Would that be the proper term?

You think the Williams sisters were nearly as good as Graf in her prime? And The Williams at that time were NOWHERE near their primes especially Serena. Sorry but poor example

I didn't make a comment on the state of the player, nor whether they were in their primes, I posted some factual information that might be relevant to the debate. Take it for what you will.

When is the Danica Patrick pron video coming out?

Don't know but it's rumored her and Gronk were offered 20 mil each for 1 - 25 min. scene .......................

\

I would agree that race car drivers are a Highly hazardous competitive entertainment employee's. Would that be the proper term?

I'd call them race car drivers. :dunno: Some are probably in great shape and some probably don't work out at all. I agree it's highly hazardous, but so is being a fire fighter. And they're not athletes.