Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Josh Gordon is getting released. He is done.

For his sake I hope he can pull it together.

I didn't even consider drafting him in any league though. Higher chance of this than a second breakout.

The Cowboys need a WR badly,

That is if it's not a drug test failure

Even if it's not about drugs, cleveland let him go after holding onto him for so long. Let the guy go earn a living somewhere else. Like as a seller of hamburgers.

They released dez...why on earth would they sign a guy in even worse mental

Condition.

They released dez...why on earth would they sign a guy in even worse mental

Condition.

Because they need a WR badly,

Besides I believe they released Dez because he had been injured and wasn't the same physical specimen he once was, not because of his mentality

According to the story on NFL.com Gordon somehow reinjured his hamstring after practice Friday and then he was late today so the Browns said enough is enough and cut him. It did not say anything about another failed test. Gordon may actually end up in a more favorable situation.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html

"Team doctors examined Gordon on Saturday, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he was struggling with his substance use again, or possibly close to it."

How does a doctor determine that someone is 'possibly close to' doing drugs again? Come on.

I hope this is all bull and the Pats sign him and he goes bananas.

Disclaimer: I have him and have always pulled for this guy.

Brady looks deep down the field for Gordon...TOUCHDOWN!!!

Ha- YES! I made my post before reading this.

Mark it eight, Dude!

Shefter just changed his story:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns are "more likely to trade" Josh Gordon than release him.

Shefter just changed his story:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns are "more likely to trade" Josh Gordon than release him.

He clarified and said they would try to trade him before Monday when they would release him

well, if teams are willing to give him another shot, keeping him on the same contract is preferable to potentially getting into a bidding war for his services.

Sounds like the Browns announced they were releasing him, then teams who didn't want to get in a bidding war called the Browns inquiring about a trade. Get a player on a rookie contract of JGs caliber? Not bad

Maybe this isn't about drug use at all. Perhaps, after tweeking his hammy in a promotional event Friday (not sponsored by Browns), after logging complete week of full practices, Jackson told him that he was OUT and wasn't travelling to New Orleans with team. This made Gordon angry and was acting "erratic"....which was the final straw that broke the ole' proverbial camels back with the organization.

Again...there is something here we just don't know yet.

Sounds like the Browns announced they were releasing him, then teams who didn't want to get in a bidding war called the Browns inquiring about a trade. Get a player on a rookie contract of JGs caliber? Not bad

So in other words the rest of the league had to act on behalf of the Browns GM and inform that organization they have a tradeable asset. The NFL should just release the Browns.

• Like 1

So in other words the rest of the league had to act on behalf of the Browns GM and inform that organization they have a tradeable asset. The NFL should just release the Browns.

Yea, good point! Also, that sort of happened once already, the Cleveland Browns were moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens and won 2 Super Bowls.

Browns gonna Brown

I wouldn't be surprised in NE picked Gordon up. They need WRs and they have a history of taking "different folks" and getting some more greatness out of them, or maybe Chuckie in Oakland will take a look at him. Who knows? Lotta talent there.

Dallas makes a lot of sense, but It really depends on the validity of the report out of Cleveland that he was close to relapse

initial report definitely included the fact that he "wasn't himself" when he showed up to the Browns facility. I suspect this means another failed test is coming. I'm not sure if/how much the teams are obligated to report to the NFL offices if they suspect something, but i figure since it's a zero tolerance policy he's on now, they must have.

Think it is worth trying to buy low on him today? Thinking of throwing Jordy Nelson for him, and trying to buy low on him. If he fails another drug test then I made a bad gamble, but If he goes to a better team then maybe I win the gamble. Think it is worth the headache?

Think it is worth trying to buy low on him today? Thinking of throwing Jordy Nelson for him, and trying to buy low on him. If he fails another drug test then I made a bad gamble, but If he goes to a better team then maybe I win the gamble. Think it is worth the headache?

Is it worth the headache? Gordon's history doesn't aswer that question for you?