Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Shepard Smith: People go to prison for what Jared Kushner did

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shepard-smith-people-prison-jared-054241423.html

White House senior aide Jared Kushner’s multiple omissions on required financial disclosure forms for his security clearance would “be a crime, punishable by prison” for other people, Fox News host Shepard Smith said Thursday.
“Apparently not in this case,” Smith added.
Two sources, however, also told CNN Thursday that Kushner will not obtain full security clearance until special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation is complete.
Donald Trump’s son-in-law “submitted his application and did not include 100 contacts with foreigners,” Smith said on “Shepard Smith Reporting.” He “later had to go back and include them ... but he did not include the meeting in Trump Tower with the Russian lawyer and Russian translator. So that was another amendment to this thing.”
Revisions made last July by Kushner, who is married to Ivanka Trump, added 77 previously undisclosed assets and more than $10 million in holdings.
Further additions were made as recently as last month, according to a letter obtained by Talking Points Memo. The letter to White House deputy counsel Stefan Passantino dated Jan. 3 added a number of additional business interests. It also corrected and added new corporate positions that Kushner was legally required to disclose in his initial paperwork.
A conviction for withholding, misrepresenting or falsifying information on the form for security clearance can result in up to $10,000 in fines and five years in prison.
“It’s really uncommon you’d still be trying to get the form correct at this stage in the game,” Don Fox, a former acting director and general counsel of the Office of Government Ethics, told TPM. Fox served under presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush.
The financial disclosure information is required by federal law so that investigators can determine any possible conflicts of interest or criminal activity in a security clearance probe. Kushner has yet to obtain full security clearance for access to highly sensitive classified information 13 months after he stepped into his White House role. Yet he can access classified information on a temporary basis.
White House chief of staff John Kelly is cracking down on the security clearance protocol In the wake of the Rob Porter scandal. The White House staff secretary resigned after revelations of domestic violence accusations against him. The domestic violence claims had been disclosed to officials working on his security clearance. But Kelly indicated that Kushner will not be affected by the new standards, CNN reported.
Besides the delays caused by Kushner’s frequently amended information, it’s also possible that information in the forms is raising a red flag.
Kushner is reportedly under investigation by Mueller for a meeting in Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential campaign with representatives linked to the Kremlin who purportedly would disclose information harmful to Hillary Clinton. Mueller also questioned Kushner about his interactions concerning Russia with former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who has pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.
Mueller is also examining meetings with international leaders Kushner had during the administration transition and afterward, while his family real estate business was seeking global investments, CNN reported.
An Israeli insurer invested $30 million in the Kushner family real estate firm shortly before Kushner traveled to Israel on a diplomatic mission in May 2017, The New York Times reported.
In addition, The Wall Street Journal has reported that the Securities and Exchange Commission and federal prosecutors in Brooklyn, New York, are investigating the Kushner company’s participation in the EB-5 visa program. The program provides green cards to well-heeled foreigners who invest a minimum of $500,000 in certain businesses. At least two Kushner real estate projects in New Jersey have benefited from the program.
Kushner stepped down from running Kushner Companies but is still a key investor in its operations.

Clown show.

At the end of the day Kushner and Trump jr. will probably be inducted. And perhaps Trump himself though more likely for obstruction of justice.

At the end of the day Kushner and Trump jr. will probably be inducted. And perhaps Trump himself though more likely for obstruction of justice.

Don't count on it. If Hillary and her cronies haven't been indicted, they won't be either. They are all corrupt. :thumbsdown:

into the HOF?

does prison have a HOF?

• Like 1

Most people that omit things on their security clearance filing don't go to jail. In fact, of the millions of clearances my company has been a part of since I joined in 2012, 0 people have gone to jail for it (although it has been included as additional charges when they've been found for other crimes). This is the media making a mountain out of a mole hill for a "shocking" headline.

does prison have a HOF?

Might deserve a spin-off thread. OJ was in the HOF when he went to prison so is he automatically in?

does prison have a HOF?

Manson

OJ

Wait, this is a great idea for yet another draft. :lol:

Kushner is flat out slimy scum. Also a fake Jew.

He eats ham? :huh:

As we learned by the now famous(infamous) Mr. Comey's own words, it's all about intent. If Hillary got a pass for being "reckless" or "careless" with classified info, then why is this worse?

I guess intent is all that matters. Kushner can just plead ignorant and say he didn't "intend" to violate the law. Seems only fair.

As we learned by the now famous(infamous) Mr. Comey's own words, it's all about intent. If Hillary got a pass for being "reckless" or "careless" with classified info, then why is this worse?

I guess intent is all that matters. Kushner can just plead ignorant and say he didn't "intend" to violate the law. Seems only fair.

Don't you think this is a bit more egregious? Half of the Trump campaign slogan was based on "lock her up", now they're doing the same thing or worse.

Kushner and the rest of Trump's campaign and WH have been pleading ignorant for a long time now. When is it enough for the Trump base?

He's a real Jew.

Don't you think this is a bit more egregious? Half of the Trump campaign slogan was based on "lock her up", now they're doing the same thing or worse.

Kushner and the rest of Trump's campaign and WH have been pleading ignorant for a long time now. When is it enough for the Trump base?

I'm not a "Trump base" person, so I don't know. In my opinion, no. It's not more egregious. Again, just my two cents, but a life long politician knowingly and illegally brok the law. She set up a private server. That's not allowed. Destroyed evidence. That's not allowed. Received confidential emails at private server. That's not allowed. Again,she was a life long politician, and SOS who knew the laws.

If that's not enough for getting in trouble with the FBI, then neither is this. Honestly, the comparisons aren't even in the same realm of criminality imo. The head of the FBI claimed "intent". Not me. Fair is fair. Blame their ridiculous language on when or what constitutes criminal actions.

• Like 1

no because Hillary was doing it with Govt files

Shepard Smith?

:lol:

That dude enjoys in his and the taste of jizz.

Not sure why anyone would take his word on anything.

• Like 1

I heard he converted just for the jokes.

Why the fock does it matter?

The goyim doesn't know.

What gets me is that there is no substantive difference between what Hillary did, with her server, and what is going on with Kushner, which is unauthorized access and dissemination of classified information. Every time Kushner gains access it's technically a crime, he has no authorization to obtain it. Now we know, from Hillary, that as a practical matter it's really not punishable as a crime, but at a minimum federal employees do lose their careers over this kind of thing.

Shepard Smith?

:lol:

That dude enjoys ###### in his ###### and the taste of jizz.

Not sure why anyone would take his word on anything.

Shut up troll

• Like 1

Shut up troll

I'm confused. Is he a troll or a bot?

no because Hillary was doing it with Govt files

Do did Colin Powell.

On the bright side, we're pretty sure that neither Kissinger nor Hamilton ever used a private server.

Why the fock does it matter?

Someone said he was a fake Jew and I said he is a real Jew. That's all.

Someone said he was a fake Jew and I said he is a real Jew. That's all.

Yeah, and I asked why any flavor of Judaism was relevant to the discussion. What are you, a fake Christian?

Yeah, and I asked why any flavor of Judaism was relevant to the discussion. What are you, a fake Christian?

I don't see what you are trying argue about. I'm just saying he took his Jewish faith seriously and was nothing fake about it.

End of argument

I don't see what you are trying argue about. I'm just saying he took his Jewish faith seriously and was nothing fake about it.

End of argument

Im not trying to argue. I really dont know why his faith, or lack thereof, is relevant. Just seems like an odd thing to bring up in this context.

ETA I guess we have Timmy to blame, though I dont understand why both you and HT added to his non sequitur.

Did he destroy the evidence yet ? I hear that's not a crime anymore. He better get to smashing and bleaching.