Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Homeless man gives his last $20 to help a stranded woman get gas

I wonder how long til every cent is up his nose or in his veins. 6 months?

And then some suckers will be paying for his funeral.

I'm very cynical of people asking for money. Why? Bcoz a lot of people suck, are w/out conscious and are born liars.

That being said, I'm also one of the most compassionate people you'll ever meet. I usually give something if I have it on me.... Especially if they have a dog, damn - I'm a sucker for the pooches.

note to self: get a dog.

Worked for the Winkelvoss twins.

and if it hits 50k he would be a millionaire

note to self: get a dog.

I'm telling ya - I will cave if you have one. :D

Now it looks like the guy isnt a veteran, maybe he was a major in the Air Force, theyre still looking into the FOIA

• Like 2

Now it looks like the guy isnt a veteran, maybe he was a major in the Air Force, theyre still looking into the FOIA

Maybe he's in the Lord's Army.

How do these do-gooder stories ever reach the media?

"Cop pays for homeless man's lunch!" Alert the media! What a scoop!!!

How do these do-gooder stories ever reach the media?

"Cop pays for homeless man's lunch!" Alert the media! What a scoop!!!

Because the media only cares about clickbait. And America is full of attention wh0res. Most are probably self reported.

Because the media only cares about clickbait. And America is full of attention wh0res. Most are probably self reported.

Oh I agree the media loves clickbait, but who calls them to begin with? The do-gooder?

"Hello, USA Today? I got a big story for you!!!" :dunno:

Yeah, sounds like the money is gone. There's a hearing later today. I don't think this is a clear-cut story. Sounds like the dude has a drug problem. But it sounds like the couple are shady thieves too.

Dammitt.

Much like "A Simple Plan" all 3 people had their lives going before all this. Poor drug addict didn't ask for any of it. He was homeless becaise he couldn't handle $20, much less $400k.

• Like 1

Well said.

I did read that GoFundMe had set aside 20 grand just to make sure this guy had basic housing in shower and food and stuff. While all this got litigated.

They're also looking at and talking about rehab facilities.

Ironically, the above probably has a much better chance of doing this guy is some good than the four hundred grand or whatever it was.

The couple is a receptionist and a carpenter. And just coincidentally, after all this money came in, they were able to buy a BMW for Cash & Go on exotic vacations.

I know nobody's innocent here other than well-intentioned owners I guess. But of the two parties, at least the homeless guy has a legitimate problem. As far as I know being a completely immoral lying Thief isn't a recognized medical condition. And there ain't no rehab for that. Other than jail.

Well said.

I did read that GoFundMe had set aside 20 grand just to make sure this guy had basic housing in shower and food and stuff. While all this got litigated.

They're also looking at and talking about rehab facilities.

Ironically, the above probably has a much better chance of doing this guy is some good than the four hundred grand or whatever it was.

The couple is a receptionist and a carpenter. And just coincidentally, after all this money came in, they were able to buy a BMW for Cash & Go on exotic vacations.

I know nobody's innocent here other than well-intentioned owners I guess. But of the two parties, at least the homeless guy has a legitimate problem. As far as I know being a completely immoral lying Thief isn't a recognized medical condition. And there ain't no rehab for that. Other than jail....or president.

Fixed.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-raid-new-jersey-couples-home-after-dollar400g-in-gofundme-cash-they-raised-for-homeless-veteran-disappears/ar-BBMX5cc?ocid=ientp

Police raid New Jersey couple's home after $400G in GoFundMe cash they raised for homeless veteran disappears

It's on like donkey kong now...

Someone should start a gofundme campaign to aid this couples legal defense.

someone should start a gofundme campaign to aid your face.

Looks like all 3 of them were involved in the scam...

This just in!

Quality scam

Was it a scam? Oh that's gold!!

If the media is announcing this, let's give it a few days, eventually the actual truth might/maybe emerge, trust nothing the media says at face value.....HTH

Anyone who contributed when it got to 50k is a sucker. That's more than enough to get anyone on their feet. Should have moved on to another cause.

If you contribute to go fund me for anyone you dont know or are associated with you are an idiot!

Didnt anyone think this story was fishy? Anyone who fell for this BS deserves to have their money taken from them.