Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official Seattle Seahawks Thread 2012***

Good stuff Hawkfin. I'm still holding onto a shred of hope that the 11 teams before us overthink things and Blackmon slips. As much as I'd like to see a pass-rusher added our WR corpse would be SET.

Good stuff Hawkfin. I'm still holding onto a shred of hope that the 11 teams before us overthink things and Blackmon slips. As much as I'd like to see a pass-rusher added our WR corpse would be SET.

Can't Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin form a pretty good starting WR duo?

Can't Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin form a pretty good starting WR duo?

Rice's health could be a concern going forward. Baldwin is awesome but he's the ideal slot receiver. A healthy Rice paired up with Blackmon would make Flynn look pretty damn good. :wub:

Plus he would be the best player available and I'm always down with that.

Anthony Hargrove, backup DT, will likely be one of the players suspended as part of the New Orleans witch hunt being conducted by Roger Goodell.

Hargrove signed with Green Bay, so it doesn't matter anymore.

I can't see Blackmon falling at all... In fact, I think he probably goes #4.

But yeah, if he is there it's not a question. We should take him!

My next choices are Wittney Merciles/DE with speed and a motor and sack artist

or

Donta Hightower/LB bruising big LB that makes huge hits and like R. Lewis.

Melvin Ingram/Hybrid LB-DE might make a nice pick also. He can play LB, but has the speed and pressure ability to get us pressure on the QB. I like Wittney over him though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ruben Randel/WR from LSU in the 2nd round though. I think he could be there and he'll be a good one.

I'm pretty much done with Mike Williams. Never liked him much anyway.

It's looking like that ND kid is not really working out either. Rice has a bit of an injury history. Baldwin might be our best, but he's a slot guy.

It would be nice to give Flynn some more weapons for sure.

I'm pretty much done with Mike Williams. Never liked him much anyway.

It's looking like that ND kid is not really working out either. Rice has a bit of an injury history. Baldwin might be our best, but he's a slot guy.

It would be nice to give Flynn some more weapons for sure.

Last year, Mike Williams played with a high ankle sprain issue for 3 months, the effects of a concussion, and then got derailed with a ham string. What a shocker, a Seahawk WR that got hurt. But he was even more ineffective with Tarvaris playing. Jackson is a QB not willing to throw the ball to a WR unless he is clearly open. He doesn't trust a WR like Mike Williams who is not going to outrun a defender, but use his height and leverage to come down with the ball. Hasselbeck trusted him, Jackson did not. Jackson has been with Rice for years, so they had chemistry; not so much with M Williams. Flynn is ideal to get the most out of Williams. I think he has a big year this year.

3rd year for Golden Tate. Produce or be cut. At least he was finally showing some signs of progress towards the end of last season, so he is not officially a lost cause yet, but is clearly closer to huge bust than not.

If Rice stays healthy, this WR group can be deep, especially if another guy is drafted early and the value is right. We also have Lockette as a speedy, deep threat guy that was producing at the end of last season and has upside.

Last year, Mike Williams played with a high ankle sprain issue for 3 months, the effects of a concussion, and then got derailed with a ham string. What a shocker, a Seahawk WR that got hurt. But he was even more ineffective with Tarvaris playing. Jackson is a QB not willing to throw the ball to a WR unless he is clearly open. He doesn't trust a WR like Mike Williams who is not going to outrun a defender, but use his height and leverage to come down with the ball. Hasselbeck trusted him, Jackson did not. Jackson has been with Rice for years, so they had chemistry; not so much with M Williams. Flynn is ideal to get the most out of Williams. I think he has a big year this year.

3rd year for Golden Tate. Produce or be cut. At least he was finally showing some signs of progress towards the end of last season, so he is not officially a lost cause yet, but is clearly closer to huge bust than not.

If Rice stays healthy, this WR group can be deep, especially if another guy is drafted early and the value is right. We also have Lockette as a speedy, deep threat guy that was producing at the end of last season and has upside.

I agree that T. Jackson locks into 1 WR... That's the norm his whole career. In Minn, he always locked into 1 guy all the time too. One read QB basically that forces it to his guy.

But, not sure I agree M. Williams will bounce back. Maybe it was injury or T. Jackson, but clearly if he can't get away from defenders he's not going to get many looks and won't be a productive WR. And other WR's will get more targets and production. And why should we force the ball to him if he's not open? He's had 1 good year and that was during a bad year where we just threw it up for grabs to him basically, as he was all we had. Plus, he was fighting for his life to stay in the league at the time.

Seems to me most of his production was in the red zone/TD's, where he succeeds. He didn't have a whole lot of catches and yards I don't believe. He's a nice option in the red zone if you throw it up for grabs.

In my view, he won't be with the team much longer. And I think he needs to be replaced as he's a 1 trick pony (red zone) that can't separate from a defender.

We'll see how he does with Flynn though. :) And if health was the problem.

I bet M. Williams will not be all that productive, even with Flynn. It will be other guy's.

I do like Lockette, but he's not proven anything yet. He's like 6'3 to go with that speed.

G. Tate is make or break. We agree there.

We could use a new good young wide! That's the main point.

I agree that T. Jackson locks into 1 WR... That's the norm his whole career. In Minn, he always locked into 1 guy all the time too. One read QB basically that forces it to his guy.

But, not sure I agree M. Williams will bounce back. Maybe it was injury or T. Jackson, but clearly if he can't get away from defenders he's not going to get many looks and won't be a productive WR. And other WR's will get more targets and production. And why should we force the ball to him if he's not open? He's had 1 good year and that was during a bad year where we just threw it up for grabs to him basically, as he was all we had. Plus, he was fighting for his life to stay in the league at the time.

Seems to me most of his production was in the red zone/TD's, where he succeeds. He didn't have a whole lot of catches and yards I don't believe. He's a nice option in the red zone if you throw it up for grabs.

In my view, he won't be with the team much longer. And I think he needs to be replaced as he's a 1 trick pony (red zone) that can't separate from a defender.

We'll see how he does with Flynn though. :) And if health was the problem.

I bet M. Williams will not be all that productive, even with Flynn. It will be other guy's.

I do like Lockette, but he's not proven anything yet. He's like 6'3 to go with that speed.

G. Tate is make or break. We agree there.

We could use a new good young wide! That's the main point.

I'm not so sure Jackson is a one read QB. He can go through a 2nd or even a 3rd look, but unless the WR is open, he will not throw it. I would see the same stuff with Donovan McNabb. Jackson would rather run for a yard or throw it out of bounds rather than risk a semi-risky throw or throw before a WR comes out of a break. On the other hand, Hasselbeck clearly would do what Jackson couldn't, and Flynn is supposedly a lot like the Hasselbeck mold. Flynn is crafty and throws the ball into tight spots ans trusts his WRs. Mike Williams runs good routes and excels with that type of Qb. I think it's a natural connection. We will see. Williams took a lot of double teams two years ago and still produced. He will have single coverage this year if Rice plays.

I support drafting another WR. I don't think the cupboard is as bare as you may believe, but I'm curious how the draft goes and who becomes a possible value pick. I thought the front office would have grabbed a WR in free agency, but the contracts quickly got out of hand so I can see why they held back. They have made runs at Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson, so another WR is very likely on the radar.

Don't forget Kris Durham, the guy KC or whoever was congratulating Schneider on drafting. He was a non-factor last year, but could develop into something. His highlight reel from the one year he actually played at Georgia impressed me. He could be another Jordan Kent though. He looks like George McFly so I'm pulling for him.

Not much happening with the draft looming less than a month away. Some random thoughts.

The persistence of Seattle being in the hunt to draft QB Tannehill is a bit disconcerting. Very raw player, probably several years away from being ready to start. However, since Cleveland and Miami have shown interest, I'm hoping he is already off the board by the time #12 comes around, or the front office is sending out crap so that another team trades up to take him ahead of #12, and an extra player of value drifts down another slot to our selection.

Huh. Word is that the front office rated James Carpenter the #2 offensive lineman in last year's draft. Just goes to show, they don't know how to value draft lineman. Okung was a no brainer. Probably have to move Carpenter to left guard permanently and hope for the best.

Hawthorne and Hill remain unsigned. I wonder if that continues up to and past the draft, when we will have a much better idea if we filled the LB holes with picks. KJ Wright is going start somewhere, and then there are two spots up for grabs.

I'm more convinced than ever that we go defensive line or linebacker at #12, or trade back. Which is more than fine with me. Do it.

Thus far, I'm very pleased with our free agency activities.

Not much happening with the draft looming less than a month away. Some random thoughts.

The persistence of Seattle being in the hunt to draft QB Tannehill is a bit disconcerting. Very raw player, probably several years away from being ready to start. However, since Cleveland and Miami have shown interest, I'm hoping he is already off the board by the time #12 comes around, or the front office is sending out crap so that another team trades up to take him ahead of #12, and an extra player of value drifts down another slot to our selection.

Huh. Word is that the front office rated James Carpenter the #2 offensive lineman in last year's draft. Just goes to show, they don't know how to value draft lineman. Okung was a no brainer. Probably have to move Carpenter to left guard permanently and hope for the best.

Hawthorne and Hill remain unsigned. I wonder if that continues up to and past the draft, when we will have a much better idea if we filled the LB holes with picks. KJ Wright is going start somewhere, and then there are two spots up for grabs.

I'm more convinced than ever that we go defensive line or linebacker at #12, or trade back. Which is more than fine with me. Do it.

I think I'd prefer to trade down a bit in the 1st, maybe pick up an extra Day 2 pick, and ideally, a new 5th rounder to replace the one we lost for Lynch. Of course, someone unique has to still be out there to induce another team to trade up. I can't see Tannehill lasting to #12. Maybe Trent Richardson.

The thing I'm having a hard time with, if we stay put, is the DL guys. We know that Coples, Upshaw and Ingram are considered more or less best three (you could throw in Poe if you wanted to). But is the 'best' in this class of DL guys actually 1st rd quality? Or are they simply the best of a thin bunch? If it's the latter, I think I'd rather grab a guy like Decastro - even though we went OL with the 1st rounder last year - because it sounds like he could be a fixture on the line for 10 years. Of course, the same people who say this are also the ones who proclaimed Aaron Curry the safest pick in the draft in 2009 or 2010 or whatever it was, so who knows.

I think I'd prefer to trade down a bit in the 1st, maybe pick up an extra Day 2 pick, and ideally, a new 5th rounder to replace the one we lost for Lynch. Of course, someone unique has to still be out there to induce another team to trade up. I can't see Tannehill lasting to #12. Maybe Trent Richardson.

The thing I'm having a hard time with, if we stay put, is the DL guys. We know that Coples, Upshaw and Ingram are considered more or less best three (you could throw in Poe if you wanted to). But is the 'best' in this class of DL guys actually 1st rd quality? Or are they simply the best of a thin bunch? If it's the latter, I think I'd rather grab a guy like Decastro - even though we went OL with the 1st rounder last year - because it sounds like he could be a fixture on the line for 10 years. Of course, the same people who say this are also the ones who proclaimed Aaron Curry the safest pick in the draft in 2009 or 2010 or whatever it was, so who knows.

I have DeCastro around #10 or #11 as of now.

The defensive players in the top 13 in the front 7 spots:

Quinton Couples, DE

Dontari Poe, DT/NT

Luke Kuechley, ILB

Michael Brockers, DT

Fletcher Cox, DT

Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB

then a bit of a dropoff...

It's kind of weird, that aside from DeCastro, I have all those defensive players all bunched up and stacked up. Maybe it's a bit of a position run, but there are some good ones, and if you don't take one of those, unless a top 6 prospect falls (Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Claiborn, Richardson, Blackmon), then it's a reach to take anything else. So, grab the best d lineman or LB, or trade down. I'd pass on DeCastro out of principle since we've spent enough high picks on O Lineman lately. Also, Upshaw is dropping (lack of speed).

It could be just coach speak. But I had heard Carroll say that he believes that Wright is smart enough, and good enough to play middle linebacker for us.

It could be just coach speak. But I had heard Carroll say that he believes that Wright is smart enough, and good enough to play middle linebacker for us.

I believe it. He stepped in early and played well all year, never looked lost. I still think Hawthorne signs a team-friendly deal.

If Wright can move to MLB, I think there is a good chance we draft Luke K. He might be better served to be on the outside, so then they move Write in the middle. The value is there at 12 for Luke probably.

I'm still hoping they sign Hawthorne though.

Coples makes a lot of sense also at 12.

I agree with trade down, but not sure anybody would want to move up there unless T. Richardson falls. And if he falls, maybe we should be taking him. Picks 7-18 I think are all pretty close in value. Might be hard to trade down.

You guy's should look at tape on Whittney Mercilus/Illinois. I know he's not valued until around 20th pick or so. But, I really like this kid. He's a pressure guy and sack artist on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down that we need. I see him as a true DE as he can do run support also.

I would reach on him...... He actually fits what we need. I think he'll be better then Coples.

If you do look at him, let me know what's not to like? I think he's a beast.

I'm NOT in favor of drafting any DT. I do like Cox a lot, but we are loaded at DT. I see that Phillybear posted about 4-5 DT's. I'm not a fan of most of those guy's at 12 at all.

Drafting a guard so high just sucks. I don't really want Decastro at 12. I like him, but another O-line guy? That would be 3 years we do this. I think our Line should come together, and if not you go about it a different way after all these high picks we've spent.

I'm hearing a lot of love for Upshaw. I like Hightower better though. Hightower is a MLB.

Drafting a guard so high just sucks. I don't really want Decastro at 12. I like him, but another O-line guy? That would be 3 years we do this. I think our Line should come together, and if not you go about it a different way after all these high picks we've spent.

As a Skins fan, I've been praying for them to take a guard or two in the early rounds every year. Never happens and its brutal. Give me a nasty guard or a center for christ sakes!

Nothing wrong at all going with O-line early a bunch. Smart move in my opinion.

The team is currently about 19 million under the cap.

Negotiations have progressed to the point where the Seahawks are on the verge of resigning David "Heater" Hawthorne at MLB. Which would fill the last obvious need spot as far as starters, and free up the draft to be best player available all the way.

Negotiations have progressed to the point where the Seahawks are on the verge of resigning David "Heater" Hawthorne at MLB. Which would fill the last obvious need spot as far as starters, and free up the draft to be best player available all the way.

Along with Red and Kam Chancellor He's one of the badass enforcers on defense. It'll be great to have him back.

A sweet, cheap, not too sexy Free Agency. I love it.

yep. If they pull this off, there's really no clear position of need, except maybe DE. Could make it easier to play poker, leak rumors of guys they're interested in, and then pull off a trade when someone below them panics.

OG Deuce Lutui, Arizona, visited Seattle on Monday. Probably looking for depth. Played at USC for Carroll.

Antwuan Molden, CB, New England will visit Seattle on Wednesday. Probably looking for depth. Has some size.

OG Deuce Lutui, Arizona, visited Seattle on Monday. Probably looking for depth. Played at USC for Carroll.

Antwuan Molden, CB, New England will visit Seattle on Wednesday. Probably looking for depth. Has some size.

I always liked Lutui. As long as he can keep his weight in check. He'd be a good Gallery type depth signing for the line.

I'd really like to see a couple more signings before the draft.

Per ESPN:

“According to a source, Hawthorne had a two-year offer on the table from the Seahawks, but Seattle rescinded it Tuesday afternoon.”

Hawthorne then signed a 5 year deal with New Orleans. <_<

Per ESPN:

“According to a source, Hawthorne had a two-year offer on the table from the Seahawks, but Seattle rescinded it Tuesday afternoon.”

Hawthorne then signed a 5 year deal with New Orleans. <_<

I'm pretty disappointed we did not resign him. Can't believe they pulled the offer off the table too. :(

I think that pretty much means we go LB at #12 in my view. In fact, probably go LB 2 or 3 times during this draft.

(Luke, Hightower, Ingram, or Upshaw I would guess)

I'm pretty disappointed we did not resign him. Can't believe they pulled the offer off the table too. :(

I think that pretty much means we go LB at #12 in my view. In fact, probably go LB 2 or 3 times during this draft.

(Luke, Hightower, Ingram, or Upshaw I would guess)

I wonder if the 'source' is really his agent making sh*t up. Wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that the Hawks still had a 2-yr deal on the table, the Saints offered five, and he picked the Saints. Telling a fib like this lets him leave town and still be in the good graces of the fans. Why pull the offer? Either you make an offer, or you don't make an offer. Nothing has changed elsewhere - unless Heater was hanging out with Mikel Leshoure and Nick Fairley over a few bong hits.

I wonder if the 'source' is really his agent making sh*t up. Wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that the Hawks still had a 2-yr deal on the table, the Saints offered five, and he picked the Saints. Telling a fib like this lets him leave town and still be in the good graces of the fans. Why pull the offer? Either you make an offer, or you don't make an offer. Nothing has changed elsewhere - unless Heater was hanging out with Mikel Leshoure and Nick Fairley over a few bong hits.

They might have a trade in the works for a LB, or are going to resign Leroy Hill, or pulled it once they saw New Orleans in the mix, knowing they can't match an offer of a desperate team looking to plug holes for the upcoming season of suspensions. Five years wasn't going to happen.

I still think the first round pick will be best available player, but they will have to grab a LB in the first four rounds somewhere. I guess they are feeling cocky, thinking they can grab a LB late and plug them in like KJ Wright. Although when Carroll first got here, LB was a heavy cap group, with Tatupu, Aaron Curry, Leroy Hill. They have considerably brought the money value of LB way, way down, to the point where you wonder how much value they place on the position, other than get somebody fast AND with a half a brain, which eliminated Curry.

They might have a trade in the works for a LB, or are going to resign Leroy Hill, or pulled it once they saw New Orleans in the mix, knowing they can't match an offer of a desperate team looking to plug holes for the upcoming season of suspensions. Five years wasn't going to happen.

I still think the first round pick will be best available player, but they will have to grab a LB in the first four rounds somewhere. I guess they are feeling cocky, thinking they can grab a LB late and plug them in like KJ Wright. Although when Carroll first got here, LB was a heavy cap group, with Tatupu, Aaron Curry, Leroy Hill. They have considerably brought the money value of LB way, way down, to the point where you wonder how much value they place on the position, other than get somebody fast AND with a half a brain, which eliminated Curry.

I think the first three rounds are going to include a DE, a LB and an RB. Probably in that order. I would be really happy if somehow Lavonte David lasted until 2.11 for us. He could be a great OLB with strong coverage ability. I think they want more pressure up front, and the LBs need to have more speed to handle the short passing game. Maybe this is what makes Heater expendable.

Of course, we have four picks in the first four rounds, so barring a trade down somewhere, I bet we double up on either DE or LB, and leave WR (a deep position) towards the back end of the draft, along with OG. And maybe a developmental QB prospect if they are not sold on Portis.

It's pretty encouraging that in very short order, we have gotten fantastic value on guys like Sherman, KJ Wright, Baldwin, Chancellor. We've gotten younger and better.

I could definitely see Hill brought back now along with a 3rd round pick or cheap vet in the starting lineup. I'd like to see Malcolm Smith get some more playing time as well.

Hawhthorne played like a man, I'm sad to see him go, but if they pulled the offer...

Seahawks come to terms with OG Deuce Lutui, LB Barrett Ruud, CB Roy Lewis.

Lutui adds solid depth to the offensive line and may compete for a starting job. Roy Lewis is a nice resigning as he is great on special teams.

I'm particularly happy with the Rudd signing. He put up impressive tackles made totals on that Tampa Bay defense, averaging around 130 tackles per year. When he didn't resign with TB last year, the head coach was particularly upset on losing him due to the push for a youth movement. It may be coincidental, but the Tampa Bay defense sucked the year after Rudd left the team. Rudd went to Tennessee, started, but missed half the season on IR with a groin problem, which is an injury you would think isn't career threatening. He's played for Gus Bradley before, Monte Kiffin spoke well of him. Seems that the Seahawks front office were not happy with the slow progress of Hawthorne recovering from his knee issues, so this was the next option. I'm OK with it. If Rudd isn't our starting middle linebacker this season, he is certainly valuable veteran depth to a very young unit. Low risk, high reward.

Leroy Hill made some updates to his Facebook page, seemingly indicating that the Seahawks were his employer. Sounds suspiciously that he may resign, on the cheap of course. I would be happy with that. Or maybe he was highing, and it was all in his head.

All 1 year deals. Sign cheap, capable veterans to short deals until you can draft somebody better. I love it. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to come up with something clever about how Hill and the Seahawks can never seem to part ways but I'm coming up blank.

We resigned Trufant. :shocking: Didn't see that one coming

That caught me offguard too. Then I read somewhere that Thurmond might start on the PUP, so it makes some sense. They used Lawyer Milloy 2 years ago and Atari Bigby last year as veteran presences in the defensive backfield, so Trufant can at least play nickle and be a great insurance policy for injury or sucky play by Browner and Sherman. The more holes we plug before the draft, the better off we are for best player available.

I need to reupdate my draft sheets again this week. Everything points to defensive line.

Maybe next week, we revisit the two drafts of Carroll and Schneider and my instant reactions and overreactions to their picks. Nobody else might care, but it might be fodder for self awareness and if I came off like a vinegary female hygiene product at times.

Maybe next week, we revisit the two drafts of Carroll and Schneider and my instant reactions and overreactions to their picks. Nobody else might care, but it might be fodder for self awareness and if I came off like a vinegary female hygiene product at times.

Fixed. :banana: :banana:

Fixed. :banana: :banana:

Noted.

Since it is the dull period leading up to the draft, I like the idea of posting the last two drafts, all the picks, and have the Seattle fans that visit this most awesomeest thread grading them out, whether overall or pick by pick. Of course, the evaluation is fluid and changes over the years, but it's still interesting to revisit the drama. Stuff to do before this year's chaos.

The 2011 NFL Draft Picks by Seattle Seahawks

1 #25 James Carpenter Tackle Alabama Crimson Tide

3 #75 John Moffitt Guard Wisconsin Badgers

4 #99 K. J. Wright Linebacker Mississippi State Bulldogs

4 #107 Kris Durham Wide Receiver Georgia Bulldogs

5 #154 Richard Sherman Defensive Back Stanford Cardinal

5 #156 Mark LeGree Free Safety Appalachian State Mountaineers

6 #173 Byron Maxwell Defensive Back Clemson Tigers

7 #205 Lazarius Levingston Defensive End LSU Tigers

7 #242 Malcolm Smith Outside Linebacker USC Trojans

The 2010 NFL Draft Picks by Seattle Seahawks

1 #6 Russell Okung T Oklahoma State

1 #14 Earl Thomas S Texas

2 #60 Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

4 #111 Walter Thurmond CB Oregon

4 #127 E.J. Wilson DE North Carolina

5 #133 Kam Chancellor FS Virginia Tech

6 #185 Anthony McCoy TE Southern Cal

7 #236 Dexter Davis DE Arizona State

7 #245 Jameson Konz WR Kent State

Interesting that we used a 5th round pick on a FS two years in a row. Barring a trade, of course, that can't happen this year, since Beastmode is our 5th rd pick, kind of.

I like this concept. Ok, here goes:

1.25 Carpenter - C grade. Seems to have potential but will it be inside, and if so, we didn't need to spend a 1st rd pick to get something similar. Injuries obviously shortcircuited progress, but even before being injured, was slower on the learning curve than his replacements turned out to be, even though the replacements are arguably less talented. Or at least less pedigree-d.

3.75 Moffitt - A-minus grade. Nasty blocker. I think he'll be a fixture on the line for years. Value reflects where drafted.

4.99 KJ Wright - A grade. Versatile starter who can play OLB or MLB. Allowed for benching and then trading of the former 2009 'safest pick in the draft' Aaron Curry.

4.107 Kris Durham. Still a work-in-progress. No grade assigned.

5.154 Richard Sherman. A+ grade given where drafted, and graded out as among the best in the league getting stops last year. Allowed Trufant to be moved into nickel packages.

5.156 Mark LeGree. F grade. Well, kudos to Schneider and Carroll for taking a shot outside the top 6 conferences. Ruskell couldn't be pushed into doing that if his life depended on it. Of course, the fact remains that this pick did not work out. He got cut at the end of preseason. Given a 5th rd pick probably is marginal at best for making a roster, it is noteworthy though that he got brought in for a visit - so maybe look to who the Hawks bring in for potential day 3 picks this year.

6.173 Byron Maxwell. B grade. Has size to make a difference in secondary or special teams, but only played about half of the year. Again, this is a 6th rd pick, so making the roster at all is a plus.

7.205 Lazarius 'Pep' Levingston. C grade. Could see more time at DE this year, but hasn't been seen much yet.

7.242 Malcolm Smith. B+ grade. Contributed in many games and could be partially the reason the team felt comfortable enough to let Hawthorne test the market.

The 2010 NFL Draft Picks by Seattle Seahawks

1 #6 Russell Okung T Oklahoma State

1 #14 Earl Thomas S Texas

2 #60 Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

4 #111 Walter Thurmond CB Oregon

4 #127 E.J. Wilson DE North Carolina

5 #133 Kam Chancellor FS Virginia Tech

6 #185 Anthony McCoy TE Southern Cal

7 #236 Dexter Davis DE Arizona State

7 #245 Jameson Konz WR Kent State

Russell Okung B+ Definitely our best offensive lineman but the injuries have sucked, and really have me worried about his long-term future. Playing 16 games this year will calm my fears.

Earl Thomas A+ A focking stud. The most athletic, unique safety in the league and IMO the one guy on the roster with a potential HOF career.

Golden Tate D Came into the league pretty raw. It was good to see him show signs of life last year, but he'll need to step up big in 2012 to justify being a 2nd round pick

Walther Thurmond C Capable but very injury-prone. Even with the missed time he was still a nice bargain in the 4th.

EJ Wilson F oh well

Kam Chancellor A+ My favorite player on the team. Probably one of the best picks of the entire 2010 draft. Just a monster of a safety who has impressed me with his coverage skills. He'll be in a few more Pro-Bowls.

Anthony McCoy B Excellent value. Will be in the league for a while as a very good blocking TE with good hands. God bless ganja.

Davis and Konz C- 7th round picks with a little potential. Is Konz still on the team?

James Carpenter C- I'm not ready to jump off the ledge yet. He showed some improvement before getting hurt last year. Not a ton of upside but a some potential to be a solid right tackle. Will probably excell being moved to guard. Hopefully Cable will be around another three years to help this guy out.

John Moffitt B Nasty, prototypical Wisconsin lineman. Not super athletic but we don't need him to be. I hope the inury was a fluke. Nice 3rd round pick.

KJ Wright A These are the kind of draft picks that make a difference when rebuilding a team. Versatile and confident. Curry will never be half the player Wright already is.

Kris Durham Incomplete I have high hopes for this kid. Size, speed and hands. I'd love to see him contribute in 2012 but if he doesn't this turns into an F.

Richard Sherman A+ Pick of the draft. mid round homeruns like Sherman, Chancellor and Wright are what's going to make the Schneider/Carroll regime successful. This guy outplayed everybody's expectations and forms a beastly duo with Browner. He makes it an exciting time to be a Seahawks fan. Kelly Jennings seems like ancient history.

Mark Legree F I liked what I read about him when he was drafted. He could make the team this summer, but it's hard to give him anything other then an F.

Byron Maxwell B Was strong on special teams and looked decent when given time in the secondary. He'll have a great opportunity this year to step up with Thurmond on the mend and Trufant's back problems. What more do you want out of a 6th round pick? I'm still amazed by how young and studly our secondary has become.

Pep Livingston C- He gets credit for being a 7th round pick that made the team and played a little.

Malcolm Smith B+ Size is the only thing holding this guy back. He's smaller then most our DB's, but is faster then hell and made some plays in 2011. Can really make an impact on special teams and playing as a part-time OLB for years to come.

I look forward to seeing the rest of your guys' grades.