Sign in to follow this  
BudBro

Foley video appears to have been staged

But a study of the four-minute 40-second clip, carried out by an international forensic science company which has worked for police forces across Britain, suggested camera trickery and slick post-production techniques appear to have been used.

A forensic analyst told The Times that no blood can be seen, even though the knife is drawn across the neck area at least six times.

“After enhancements, the knife can be seen to be drawn across the upper neck at least six times, with no blood evidence to the point the picture fades to black,” the analysis said.

Sounds allegedly made by Foley do not appear consistent with what may be expected.

During Foley’s speech, there appears to be a blip which could indicate the journalist had to repeat a line.

One expert commissioned to examine the footage was reported as saying: “I think it has been staged. My feeling is that the execution may have happened after the camera was stopped.”

It concluded: “No one is disputing that at some point an execution occurred.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/bill-gardner/11054488/Foley-murder-video-may-have-been-staged.html

somebody appears to be selling war. dudes in the heat of the middle east in fancy black uniforms wearing rolexes, fronting a vanilla ice lookalike as the bad guy. rev up the war machine. we need to get this economy back on track.

i called fake the second I saw it. Ill bet this foley guy is just fine. Fake vid, fake severed head just like Tropic thunder. Prob even staged and aired by the usa to sell some upcoming shenanigans. watch it be like sandy hook where we find out later that the family in the interviews are paid actors.

i called fake the second I saw it. Ill bet this foley guy is just fine.

I agree... He always has a good head on his shoulders...

Mick?

It concluded: No one is disputing that at some point an execution occurred.

So what's the issue then?

Here i was thinking it was just a accidental random beheading

I did not notice excessive force in this beheading as much as some of the others.

So what's the issue then?

that's the fun part, friend. if they were going to kill him anyway, why the staging and the retakes and the british pop star or whoever it is they're chasing now. deflection from syria to keep our war planes out their space? what's your guess?

that's the fun part, friend. if they were going to kill him anyway, why the staging and the retakes and the british pop star or whoever it is they're chasing now. deflection from syria to keep our war planes out their space? what's your guess?

They probably just wanted the most effective video possible, for recruiting and other purposes. Basically a PR move from ISIS. Even murderous barbarians play the PR game in this day and age of global reach

Hmm. I don't want to analyze it myself.

I think it's real though, and had worm's take as far as the oddities in it.

Read this before and figured it was probably accurate:

This (Foley reading what he did without sounding as under duress as you would expect) led to some speculation yesterday that, after nearly two years in captivity, he had been affected by ‘Stockholm Syndrome’, the psychological condition under which hostages begin to empathise with their captors.

A better explanation, however, is that Foley was instead simply unaware of how close he was to death.

He may well have previously undergone mock killings, in which he was released unharmed in return for obeying his captors. He could also have been misled about the context in which his statement was to be made public.

‘Typically, hostages about to be killed go into shock, and almost shut down, but here, he seems incredibly clear and lucid,’ says Chris Chainey, a former hostage negotiator with the UK police who has worked to free hostages in Iraq.

‘That suggests to me that he doesn’t know he’s about to be killed, and thinks that he still has something to gain from co-operating with his captors.’

Chainey’s thesis is supported by the fact that the propaganda video appears to have been filmed in several separate ‘takes’.

The first clip - in which Foley speaks - shows him looking focused and relatively calm while he appears to read the script out as instructed.

The second clip, in which his murderer speaks, seems to have been shot some time later (Foley’s microphone has been removed). It shows the journalist sweating and twitching - suggesting he has realised the fate that awaits him.

The way the other journalist, Sotloff, looked while being held by the collar...seemed like it was probably a familiar drill.

Maybe the actual beheading wasnt quite spectacular enough? Or maybe they just shot him in the head because they didnt really want to do a beheading.