Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Obama wants to give away The Cyber

our Republican state attorneys general are suing to stop the Obama administration from transferring oversight of the internet to an international body, arguing the transition would violate the U.S. Constitution.

The lawsuit — filed Wednesday in a Texas federal court — threatens to throw up a new roadblock to one of the White House’s top tech priorities, just days before the scheduled Oct. 1 transfer of the internet’s address system is set to take place.

Story Continued Below

In their lawsuit, the attorneys general for Arizona, Oklahoma, Nevada and Texas contend that the transition, lacking congressional approval, amounts to an illegal giveaway of U.S. government property. They also express fear that the proposed new steward of the system, a nonprofit known as ICANN, would be so unchecked that it could “effectively enable or prohibit speech on the Internet.”

The four states further contend that ICANN could revoke the U.S. government’s exclusive use of .gov and .mil, the domains used by states, federal agencies and the U.S. military for their websites. And the four attorneys general argue that ICANN’s “current practices often foster a lack of transparency that, in turn, allows illegal activity to occur.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/state-ags-sue-to-stop-internet-transition-228893#ixzz4LiNQBVkx

Globalism sucks donkey balls

Borders, Language, Culture :thumbsup:

yah but but Trump

No need to talk Trump here.

Id love for anyone oppsing this to come up with any real legit criticism beyond Obama is bad. And 'Merica should control everything.

No need to talk Trump here.

Id love for anyone oppsing this to come up with any real legit criticism beyond Obama is bad. And 'Merica should control everything.

maybe you know why it's good?

That's not his game. He just says everyone else is dumb, and offers nothing. If Obama is for it, so is he. Case closed

Reading and knowing absolutely nothing about this, I'll make a guess: It's a way to tax the Internet. If the U.S. Controls it, never going to happen, what with our constitution and laws and things. But if some unelected international body that can be blamed for taxing it does, then the globalists, which Obama is, get it done.

I'm not a regular Obama basher. My initial thoughts are: this is a bad idea. I prefer to have a say how things are run. And once it's out of US control I no longer have a say with my vote.

I don't know much about this though. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to the benefits.

So...no real answer?

Why its good? Because the US Government shouldn't be in charge of that control...nor does it need to be.

Nor is it any major deal that we are doing such things.

Its not surprising that you have no real reply though...next I am guessing I will see another snarky response or some scare tactic talking points.

I'm not a regular Obama basher. My initial thoughts are: this is a bad idea. I prefer to have a say how things are run. And once it's out of US control I no longer have a say with my vote.

You didn't have a say before either.

So...no real answer?

Why its good? Because the US Government shouldn't be in charge of that control...nor does it need to be.

Its not surprising that you have no real reply though...next I am guessing I will see another snarky response or some scare tactic talking points.

Why not? We created the damn thing. Well actually Al Gore did he is an American after all. The bottom line is things can only get worse for the U.S. if they give it up. So why do it?

• Like 1

So...no real answer?

why not ? Other than your fruitcake American guilt mindset ?

You didn't have a say before either.

Is the US government providing oversight? Is the person who heads this oversight appointed by an elected official?

So...no real answer?

I believe in free speech. That's why. Once we lose control, we will eventually lose free speech on the internet.

Why not? We created the damn thing. Well actually Al Gore did he is an American after all. The bottom line is things can only get worse for the U.S. if they give it up. So why do it?

why not ? Other than your fruitcake American guilt mindset ?

So...no real answer from the first two.

I believe in free speech. That's why. Once we lose control, we will eventually lose free speech on the internet.

Bunny tried...psst...this is about naming things...has zero to do with your free speech.

Is the US government providing oversight? Is the person who heads this oversight appointed by an elected official?

I believe the govt will be represented. This is about naming...not giving up control over the internet. You never actually had a say in any of this. Nothing changed as far as that.

Still haven't read a thing about it. Still say it's an end around to taxing it. I know the playbook

I always find it amazing when things like this are brought up. The elitists tell us we don't understand it, their legion of idiots parrot it, and the rest of us get screwed. Nafta, refugees, Obamacare, ect. Long list.

Bunny tried...psst...this is about naming things...has zero to do with your free speech.

your answer was "we shouldn't "

That's a real answer ?

Tell that to Randolph Scott.

I always find it amazing when things like this are brought up. The elitists tell us we don't understand it, their legion of idiots parrot it, and the rest of us get screwed. Nafta, refugees, Obamacare, ect. Long list.

Two kinds of people use the word elitist. Stupid people who think common sense is equivalent to intelligence and people with fragile egos who are afraid of intelligent folks.

I put you in the latter group.

your answer was "we shouldn't "

That's a real answer ?

You oppose this...were asked to give why you oppose it...and so far you want me to do everything for you.

How about you answer the question rather than just being a trolling little biotch for once.

Two kinds of people use the word elitist. Stupid people who think common sense is equivalent to intelligence and people with fragile egos who are afraid of intelligent folks.

And some really dumb people think they don't exist. That would be you. And psssst, you aren't one of them. Or even close.

And some really dumb people think they don't exist. That would be you. And psssst, you aren't one of them. Or even close.

Fragile.

Like I said.

Elitists are those that think they know what's best for everybody else and then don't practice what they preach. They prey on the stoopid who follow them blindly. And they do not have common sense. They tell others how to feel and use their emotions to make decisions. They have good intentions but things they try and change usually end up worse than they were before because of their belief that are the smartest people in the room and far superior to anyone else who has a different view from theirs.

here is the reason I oppose it

just like Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and others, they are private corporations able to sensor whoever they wish whenever they wish, especially right wing opinions. That is fine as they are private corporations, and it is their website, therefore not protected by freedom of speech. However any person in the US can own and operate their own website and say whatever the want without censorship

now the minute this is acheived this company ICANN has complete control over website distribution and that is wrong. They can tell me I am not able to purchase a website they might feel inappropriate, taking away my freedom of speech

Elitists are those that think they know what's best for everybody else and then don't practice what they preach. They prey on the stoopid who follow them blindly. And they do not have common sense. They tell others how to feel and use their emotions to make decisions. They have good intentions but things they try and change usually end up worse than they were before because of their belief that are the smartest people in the room and far superior to anyone else who has a different view from theirs.

Sounds like you and Retardadour need a safe space from the big bad elitists.

I'm sorry your ego is so easily bruised by smart people.

:sad:

Don't need a safe place from elitist. They're usually the biggest poosays in the room. And most of the ones I've run into, love to hang around people like yourself. You look up to them while they look down on you and you're to stoopid to get it.

Just because you don't agree with an answer doesn't make it invalid. You're looking like a fool in this thread.

Don't need a safe place from elitist. They're usually the biggest poosays in the room. And most of the ones I've run into, love to hang around people like yourself. You look up to them while they look down on you and you're to stoopid to get it.

:lol:

You enjoy telling everyone how stupid they are. That's cool, but do you think you could get around to showing everyone how smart you are? Haven't seen it yet, but would love to. Thanks

and more pissing matches back and forth without substance, but an actual response on why one might oppose it, gets nothing

I said it's about taxing it. Any thoughts on that?

You enjoy telling everyone how stupid they are. That's cool, but do you think you could get around to showing everyone how smart you are? Haven't seen it yet, but would love to. Thanks

You already feel intimidated by my intelligence. You're really asking me to completely destroy what little self-esteem you still have?

I'm not that cruel, man.

how do we tax a foreign entity, do we put a tariff tax on that company?

They will be taxing us.

here is the reason I oppose it

just like Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and others, they are private corporations able to sensor whoever they wish whenever they wish, especially right wing opinions. That is fine as they are private corporations, and it is their website, therefore not protected by freedom of speech. However any person in the US can own and operate their own website and say whatever the want without censorship

now the minute this is acheived this company ICANN has complete control over website distribution and that is wrong. They can tell me I am not able to purchase a website they might feel inappropriate, taking away my freedom of speech

Your opposition is based on falsehoods and shows you don't even understand what we are turning over. Its not content. Its not about telling you things are inappropriate as far as content at all. We never had control to regulate or protect speech on the internet before...

Do you think all of these businesses and tech companies would be in favor of this if they thought this would censor them?