Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Who should I keep in a PPR league

We get to keep 2 players for up to 3 yrs. I'm already keeping ray rice and I believe If i keep dmc I would have a killer RB duo as long as dmc stays healthy..Thoughts?

[Neither.

Julio Jones will eat some more into Roddy White's touches this year.

DMC but he can't stay healthy. :(

I think this depends upon the make up of your team, the other teams in the league, scoring, rosters, ect and whether you want to swing for the fences or playing it safer.

But my initial reaction to a straight PPR question like this is Roddy White.

Just looked at the stats for the last 3 years.

16 games 85 catches 11 tds 1,153 yds

16 games 115 catches 10 tds 1,389 yds

16 games 100 catches 8 tds 1296

He has played 16 games each of his 7 seasons.

Plays at home, on turf with possibly the best number 2 receiver in the league in a division that can score, New Orleans and Carolina, with a qb and passing attack on the rise.

Barring injury he's a lock for around the same stat production he's had the past 3 years and Julio Jones can even exceed him. Let's room for both in this offense.

What can you say about McFadden?

Go look at how he's NEVER played a full season and merely had 16 rushing tds over 4 seasons. Woo hoo. Oakland was dumb letting Bush go.

I love McFadden's potential but he's a fantasy ###### tease gamble until proven otherwise.

list the rest of your roster. keeper leagues have so many variables. namely draft position and contract situation league wide.

heres my dilemma. any insight?

pick three

rivers

charles

demarco

julio

v jax

a brown

im losing rice and jennings to contracts.

no i didnt win a trophy. ill check back later and leave thoughts.

list the rest of your roster. keeper leagues have so many variables. namely draft position and contract situation league wide.

heres my dilemma. any insight?

pick three

rivers

charles

demarco

julio

v jax

a brown

im losing rice and jennings to contracts.

no i didnt win a trophy. ill check back later and leave thoughts.

For sure Julio and Charles.

I'd be debating Murray/Brown depending.

DMC

its so easy to find WR's in ppr format. not as easy to find workhorse RB's even if DMC's a fragile mofo. At least you know when healthy he will produce.

For sure Julio and Charles.

I'd be debating Murray/Brown depending.

i appreciate the response.

rbs are so slim this year. a lot of my decision will be draft based. from old dealings i pick third in a snake.

rice

brady

jennings

i feel like i need to keep murray over brown.

the real crux is that players we opt not to keep are not draft eligible by the same team in the first round and ill need a qb. im leaning murray draft jennings hope for cutler. yuck at hoping for cutler. yuck in general.

In general, WR is a deeper position than RB (especially in PPR leagues), so you should keep the RB.

That being said, I'd keep White. :|

i appreciate the response.

rbs are so slim this year. a lot of my decision will be draft based. from old dealings i pick third in a snake.

rice

brady

jennings

i feel like i need to keep murray over brown.

the real crux is that players we opt not to keep are not draft eligible by the same team in the first round and ill need a qb. im leaning murray draft jennings hope for cutler. yuck at hoping for cutler. yuck in general.

I'd keep Murray over Brown.

If you need a qb sub him for Rivers.

How many teams in the league? There won't be anyone but Cutler level available? He's not even top 12 in most rankings.

WW does bring up a good point.

RB is way shallower and MCfadden is a end of first/early second pick in most of the mocks I've seen.

Higher than White for sure.

Tough call. I might have been persuaded to keep McFadden.

WW does bring up a good point.

RB is way shallower and MCfadden is a end of first/early second pick in most of the mocks I've seen.

Higher than White for sure.

Tough call. I might have been persuaded to keep McFadden.

there are just so many more options at WR. But how many stud workload RB's? Foster, McCoy, Rice, MJD, Forte, CJnoK, Peterson and DMC when healthy, Mathews now that Tolbert is gone and maybe Beast Mode. I probably forgot 1 or 2. turner, SJax and Gore? Charles won't be.

Thats less than 2 per fantasy team. Most would only have 1 but you get the opportunity to have 2.

but there are so many WR's.

Stupid listening to keeping a RB. The new way is RBBC. A WR in a PPR that is a stud is gold. A few of these people giving advice have never won anything but probably an 8 man league. I agree Julio cuts into Roddy but it also assures he gets freed up and get tons of short catches.

Stupid listening to keeping a RB. The new way is RBBC.

So you're saying that because RBs are hard to find, he should keep the WR?

Fantasy football is a great game because people think its about football. But really its about price vs. performance above replacement. And that's why there are still plenty of fish in this game.

To further provide some insight, I drafted McFadden towards the end of the first round last year.

I won nearly all the games he played for my team. So even if he only gives you half a season, that'll help you towards your playoff push.

We get to keep 2 players for up to 3 yrs. I'm already keeping ray rice and I believe If i keep dmc I would have a killer RB duo as long as dmc stays healthy..Thoughts?

Keep DMC and trade him before week 1.

I'd keep Murray over Brown.

If you need a qb sub him for Rivers.

How many teams in the league? There won't be anyone but Cutler level available? He's not even top 12 in most rankings.

he will be cheap and i disagree with most rankings in this case.