Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Mixon or Watson late second round ? ppr

Texans camp says Watson is light years ahead of last year on knowledge, gonna let him run still.

Mixon, bell cow ? improved line, healthy AJ Green and Ross looking great in the off season ? I kind of think bell cow RB's will be about gone after 2nd round... the rest RBBC and question marks

Texans camp says Watson is light years ahead of last year on knowledge, gonna let him run still.

Mixon, bell cow ? improved line, healthy AJ Green and Ross looking great in the off season ? I kind of think bell cow RB's will be about gone after 2nd round... the rest RBBC and question marks

I am in the 4th spot... I am afraid if I dont get mixon, McKinnon, Freemon types they will be gone 8 picks later coming back to my 3rd round, But Watson... man I was way ahead of the pack on his run last year. 35-45 points a game. tough decision. AS usual preseason will help answer some of these questions.

Running QBs often have problems year 2, as defenses have a chance to gameplan for them. And that's without coming off a major injury.

Combine that with QBs just not being a high priority position outside of superflex leagues, and I wouldn't take Watson any earlier than the 4th.

If those are your 2 choices. I would suggest Mixon.

Who do you think your 1st rounder would be?

Though I think the devaluing of QBs is starting to level off I still wouldn't take a QB until the 4th or 5th.

the players on the line may be improved, but you still need to give that line time to figure out how to play together.

I think the first 3-5 games might still be rough for that line.

by year end it will be solid, but I wouldnt count on the line being a pillar of strength. They just wont be as crappy.

No way I'm taking either of those guys in your spot. If I had to choose strictly between those two then it's Mixon because taking a QB that early is not wise.

Mixon is going 3.02 and Watson is going 4.10 in ppr at ffc. If those are your only 2 choices late 2nd, go with Mixon.

If you truly think that Watson will average 300-400 yards passing, and 4+ TDs and 50 yards rushing per game this year, take him at the end of round 2 over everyone else available.

If you don't, then you may want to go best RB available, even if that's Mixon.

Some of you guys crack me up, you were saying the samething about Gurely before last season.... he's late 2nd rnd at best. Mixon is in a simular situation, line help, healthy Ross and Eifert, ol coach change, Lazor with a full year. Had 5 ypc down the stretch. There is no way Mixon will be there in the 3rd round. As far as Watson, he is the type that can win your league. I dont care about what ffc is doing, I am talking about a keeper league. Not to mention if you want a bellcow you may have to reach a bit, if you dont take him... he wont make it back to you. After a few preseason games, I bet Mix will be going late 1st, early 2nd. Watch

healthy Ross and Eifert,

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8408/tyler-eifert

Coach Marvin Lewis hinted Tyler Eifert (back) may not be ready for training camp.

When asked, Lewis said he simply does not know if the oft-injured Eifert will be ready. He was limited at OTAs last month but has sat out all of minicamp this week and may have suffered a setback. Anything the Bengals get from Eifert this year will have to be considered a bonus. Tyler Kroft and C.J. Uzomah are his backups.

ok, this is true. If he is out then his passes will probably go to Mixon. Mainly looking at the improvement in oline, them visualizing him in a Zeke role. Ross has blazing speed, with Green... I dont see many 8 in the box. As a keeper I would rather have him over McCoy and Freemon after the other studs are gone... then what do you have ? Rookies ? RBBC ? Mixon should be the last bellcow RB sitting there, when you pass on him. I would almost go 3 RBs in a row to start, even in ppr. Then load up on WR's

Some of you guys crack me up, you were saying the samething about Gurely before last season.... he's late 2nd rnd at best. Mixon is in a simular situation, line help, healthy Ross and Eifert, ol coach change, Lazor with a full year. Had 5 ypc down the stretch. There is no way Mixon will be there in the 3rd round. As far as Watson, he is the type that can win your league. I dont care about what ffc is doing, I am talking about a keeper league. Not to mention if you want a bellcow you may have to reach a bit, if you dont take him... he wont make it back to you. After a few preseason games, I bet Mix will be going late 1st, early 2nd. Watch

I really hope he starts going in the late 1st round because that will allow other players I like to fall to me. Thats way too big of a risk for me in the late 1st.

I really hope he starts going in the late 1st round because that will allow other players I like to fall to me. Thats way too big of a risk for me in the late 1st.

How can you even say that ?? What if Mixon looks unstoppable in preseason ? As it stands, mid second round sounds about right. IMO

How can you even say that ?? What if Mixon looks unstoppable in preseason ? As it stands, mid second round sounds about right. IMO

I guess it's possible after watching him. I don't always like preseason game hype to affect my decision making on players. If I'm on the fence about a player I will use it to help but I'm not making any drastic changes from it. My opinion could change from now until then of course. Seeing a player in action can be very convincing sometimes.

From the 4 spot, if he's the best RB available then go ahead and take him. If no other good RBs are available I'd have to think there are some good WRs available so I would strongly consider one if you went RB in the 1st round. Regardless of any of this I am in no way taking a QB in the 2nd round or even the 3rd round.

Keeper league changes things @snatchit. You were throwing us with the 2nd round talk for either player and not mentioning it is a keeper league off the top. I don't have positive vibes for Mixon/Bengals, and love Watson, but it would still seem your better value play at that point in the draft is the RB Mixon. How do the keeper rules work? If you can keep him forever maybe you want to ensure you get Watson.

Keeper league changes things @snatchit. You were throwing us with the 2nd round talk for either player and not mentioning it is a keeper league off the top. I don't have positive vibes for Mixon/Bengals, and love Watson, but it would still seem your better value play at that point in the draft is the RB Mixon. How do the keeper rules work? If you can keep him forever maybe you want to ensure you get Watson.

You can them as long as you want. you can keep 2 accounting for the 1st 2 rounds. Most stud WR's and RB's will be protected. I will start the year with 2 super young RB's that have a lot of talent. Sorry for not saying its a keeper league. If I throw him in I will probably have a shot at McCoy or Freemon if someone grabs Mixon. I would rather have Mixon for the long haul. Who knows, despite what most say... in my league Watson will go in the 2nd round if I choose not to keep him. Thanks for the advise guys !

Optimism was way overvalued on Mixon last year before the season. Trust me Mixon didn't do me any favors and unstartable at times. With that said he did come on late in the season, and if the WRs are healthy, line is improved, maybe he can be a household name.

Optimism was way overvalued on Mixon last year before the season. Trust me Mixon didn't do me any favors and unstartable at times. With that said he did come on late in the season, and if the WRs are healthy, line is improved, maybe he can be a household name.

thats the thing about fantasy football though...you cant base everything/much of anything on last years performance/numbers especially with a young player like mixon

as others have mentioned look at gurley last year( i actually predicted a big bounce back year for him last year on another board...i can show you the thread if you need proof or think im lying)...everyone down on him and thinking he was trash...but if you watched him his rookie year you knew he was capable if the overall situation got better

with fantasy football you have to be able to project.....and not base things on last years numbers...what you need to ask about mixon is "did he flash enough ability"? thats the real question.....you add glenn and billy price into it....what appears to be a good schedule vs the run(based on the model i use for SOS) and the supposed health of the supporting cast....and also jeremy hill out of the fold...things are shaping up for mixon

id rather take a swing on an ascending young player like mixon than take a boring/safe late 2nd round pick

plus 1

Plus 2

ICEMAN

thats the thing about fantasy football though...you cant base everything/much of anything on last years performance/numbers especially with a young player like mixon

as others have mentioned look at gurley last year( i actually predicted a big bounce back year for him last year on another board...i can show you the thread if you need proof or think im lying)...everyone down on him and thinking he was trash...but if you watched him his rookie year you knew he was capable if the overall situation got better

with fantasy football you have to be able to project.....and not base things on last years numbers...what you need to ask about mixon is "did he flash enough ability"? thats the real question.....you add glenn and billy price into it....what appears to be a good schedule vs the run(based on the model i use for SOS) and the supposed health of the supporting cast....and also jeremy hill out of the fold...things are shaping up for mixon

id rather take a swing on an ascending young player like mixon than take a boring/safe late 2nd round pick

That's really my point, everyone is going to go RB heavy, no way Mixon would make it back to me at 3.4., I suppose McCoy and Freeman would be there....maybe. I like the younger high upside guy... especially in a keeper. There is a drop off to rookies and RBBC's after those guys. After doing some mocks, there are so many high upside WR's that wont even get drafted. Its super deep. I think this year, it might serve you well to get 2 stud RB's that isnt in a full blown RBBC early. Get a good serviceable 3rd RB for byes, then grab your 2 starters back ups late. and be done with it. IMO

That's really my point, everyone is going to go RB heavy, no way Mixon would make it back to me at 3.4., I suppose McCoy and Freeman would be there....maybe. I like the younger high upside guy... especially in a keeper. There is a drop off to rookies and RBBC's after those guys. After doing some mocks, there are so many high upside WR's that wont even get drafted. Its super deep. I think this year, it might serve you well to get 2 stud RB's that isnt in a full blown RBBC early. Get a good serviceable 3rd RB for byes, then grab your 2 starters back ups late. and be done with it. IMO

BTW I was all over Gurely last off season, for some of the reasons I am on Mixon. Yes we know about the oline help, we know that Dalton says he cant remember feeling this good. We know Jon Ross is healthy and will stretch the field, along with AJ Green, D's will have their hands full with those guys.. What is not talked about is his new oline coach. The one that ran Dallas's oline Frank Pollack. He see's Mixon like he saw Elliott. You add all that up, reading scouting reports with many saying he was the best back... coming out of college that year ? Low end 1200 rushing, 700 receiving and about 9,10 TD's.

Were close to the same page Bobby, second round is a big swing to basically base your season on, maybe if you see enough there to make the turn in the third round to land what you could of taken in the second.

I may reach for a Bortles and Trubisky setup for my team this year. Watson will probably cost too much. But I will give a shot if he goes for maybe 10% of cap. I doubt that will be the case though.

Bortles is supposedly looking pretty good at this point.