Sign in to follow this  
Strike

School shooting solution

This is your opinion, because it fits your worldview. :dunno:

My worldview is consistent with almost all of the developed world. Who knew?

Still waiting for a thread to elaborate ways to rebuild the family unit.

Absolutely, and can quit the bull about being able to fight off a tyrannical government. Those days are over. Its time for a rational rewrite in my opinion

Thank you. I knew you were reasonable. :thumbsup:

POTUS should issue a statement on family values. :thumbsup:

I can start one if you like, but my main point was that you use words like "make" which are not conducive to conversation. :dunno:

I can start one if you like, but my main point was that you use words like "make" which are not conducive to conversation. :dunno:

Jeez, Jerry. I didn’t realize my diction limited your action. I’ll try to be more gentle next time.

Jeez, Jerry. I didn’t realize my diction limited your action. I’ll try to be more gentle next time.

You are pretty snarky tonight; did you drink 1/2 glass of beer for the second time in your life? :dunno:

• Like 1

You are pretty snarky tonight; did you drink 1/2 glass of beer for the second time in your life? :dunno:

Nope. Had a great week skiing at Vail, waiting to try some Detroit style pizza tonight with friends.

Lol! Great one. I have to say, Pen is hard to rattle. He never gets into flame wars, even when I come with quality snark or insults he keeps a level head.

Absolutely, and can quit the bull about being able to fight off a tyrannical government. Those days are over. Its time for a rational rewrite in my opinion

WAAAH!???

You mean my trustee Remington is no match for a predator drone with a Mach 1 plus Hellfire missile fired from Beyond the Horizon? That's just unAmurican!😠

You should try it in Detroit! You would wish you had an AR15

I didn’t have to visit the motor city, thankfully. But the pizza was pretty good. I rank Chicago > Detroit > New York style

Nope. Had a great week skiing at Vail, waiting to try some Detroit style pizza tonight with friends.

They say the key to Detroit style pizza is the water.

Not so subjective to the bullet riddled child in the hallway. Your version of insanity has costs.

Its for the childrennnnnnnnnnnn.

Spoken like a well oiled chicken sh#t lemming.

Attempting a gun ban will result in a civll war. Maybe not in 30-50 years, but at this point it still will. If I need to explain how it will end in civil war and how the liberals will be on the losing end of taking a glowstick and a picket sign to a gun fight, you haven't thought things through.

Lemme guess...you'd call the cops for help. lol.....they are 70% conservative, and the other 30% will be outnumbered and would be hiding like lemmings.

Wait...I've got it. The National Guard or Army will take care of it. LOL. The "military" isn't going to help ya either. ? 90% conservative. You think they are gonna shoot the side they are on? LOL.

So the libs are gonna come knocking at our doors, threatening us by waving d1ldos and glowsticks in our faces? Yeah...that'll do it. :D

I didn’t have to visit the motor city, thankfully. But the pizza was pretty good. I rank Chicago > Detroit > New York style

this is why I know we can never get along

Gimme that greasy NY Pizza any day, especially for a craving

WTF is Detroit style pizza?

Airy, thicker crust with caramelized edges baked in a square pan. In general, I like more toppings than crust in deep dish pizza, but it was pretty good. Mine was topped with sun dried and baked cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, spinach and garlic.

Airy, thicker crust with caramelized edges baked in a square pan. In general, I like more toppings than crust in deep dish pizza, but it was pretty good. Mine was topped with sun dried and baked cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, spinach and garlic.

The sauce is on top of the pizza instead on spread on the bottom of the crust as well

this is why I know we can never get along

Gimme that greasy NY Pizza any day, especially for a craving

I like them all. NY style is best after a night of drinking. The Chicago / Detroit style is best before you start a night of drinking.

Does every city get their own style now?

I like the medication angle. I know Adam Lanza was nuttier than a fruitcake. Somebody has to have done a study on me shooters. I wonder what percentage were on drugs. Really surprised the NRA hasn't jumped all over this one.

I like the medication angle. I know Adam Lanza was nuttier than a fruitcake. Somebody has to have done a study on me shooters. I wonder what percentage were on drugs. Really surprised the NRA hasn't jumped all over this one.

The NRA just prevents research on guns. And the meds have been studied, though there is no way to have access to all the shooter’s medical records.

The NRA just prevents research on guns. And the meds have been studied, though there is no way to have access to all the shooters medical records.

Yeah I guess for me we can go into medications the family structure the incomes all of that secondary stuff. Just feel like we can't prevent everything in the world from occurring but it seems we should be able to figure out a way to slow down or limit when one of these people do snap not giving them the easiest way on Earth to mow down the most people when they do

Yeah I guess for me we can go into medications the family structure the incomes all of that secondary stuff. Just feel like we can't prevent everything in the world from occurring but it seems we should be able to figure out a way to slow down or limit when one of these people do snap not giving them the easiest way on Earth to mow down the most people when they do

I agree we can’t prevent everything, but we can make it more difficult to rapidly kill a bunch of people. Kinda like most of the rest of the world has already figured out.
  • Like 1

I agree we cant prevent everything, but we can make it more difficult to rapidly kill a bunch of people. Kinda like most of the rest of the world has already figured out.

Wont happen as long as the Murica Fock yeah! stubborn mentality continues. It will because we are the worlds melting pot, a blessing and a curse. Each shooting creates more guns on the streets, not less. More paranoia>sales>Shooters>accidents. There is no end in sight.

The NRA just prevents research on guns. And the meds have been studied, though there is no way to have access to all the shooter’s medical records.

research on guns??? What type of research is needed?

well I guess its kinda the same as planned parenthood saying that like 1% of what the do is abortions

NRA spends more then anyone on gun safety

I'm changing my position. I am for full confiscation on guns owned by civilians. Let me just go last.

Call me crazy but I think theres probably some options between what we have now and full and immediate confiscation of little Timmys B.B. gun :dunno:

1. More gun control. As in put more guns on the banned list. Ill let the professionals deem where we draw the exact line of demarcation. All auto like now and most semi automatic. I get to keep my 12 gauge for Home defense, grandma can keep her pistol in her purse and John Boy Deer Hunter can keep his hunting rifle.

2. Similar to getting a drivers liscense one has to pass a written and field test that has to be renewed every few years.

3. An armed police/security guard in schools

4. Enforce all and new current gun laws with diligence and harshly.

5. America needs two parent households. A societal shift back to the family structure.

6. Id prolly get rid of social media. I swear its the devil. There are good things about it but social media is a net negative to society.

Theremaybemore

1 agreed

2 agreed

3 on the fence on that. Leave it up to school districts IMO.

4 agreed

5 not happening

6 I think social media its killing our civilization but its here to stay. Better off coming up with ways to deal with it.

I didnt have to visit the motor city, thankfully. But the pizza was pretty good. I rank Chicago > Detroit > New York style

Have lived in the Chicago area for years. Born and raised in the Boston area.

I guess Boston Pizza is the same style as NY pizza. Never noticed a difference. I have always preferred NY style >> Chicago. And I never really found a pizza place in Chicago that makes good NY style pizza even though plenty claim to.

Call me crazy but I think theres probably some options between what we have now and full and immediate confiscation of little Timmys B.B. gun :dunno:

I'm being serious.

research on guns??? What type of research is needed?

well I guess its kinda the same as planned parenthood saying that like 1% of what the do is abortions

NRA spends more then anyone on gun safety

They kiboshed federal funding to research gun-related violence for years...understandable, since the few decent studies all support more stringent gun control. Unless you’ve figured out why the US is an outlier in gun violence, including mass shootings, more research can only help.

The best gun safety can be accomplished by removing all firearms from the home. Does the NRA ever mention this possibility?

They kiboshed federal funding to research gun-related violence for years...understandable, since the few decent studies all support more stringent gun control. Unless you’ve figured out why the US is an outlier in gun violence, including mass shootings, more research can only help.

The best gun safety can be accomplished by removing all firearms from the home. Does the NRA ever mention this possibility?

the FBI claims that 300,000 to 3million crimes are prevented due to firearms

The US is an outlier, cause we are a melting pot, our numbers are skewed by places like Det, Chicago, Balt, DC, Oak, and gang violence seen by nowhere else.

the real problem is why does it always turn to mass shootings, when there have been around 1800 homicides via guns this year, I think this is the first over 5 this year

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

so we have 51 people killed in what is described as mass shootings, while tragic its 2.83% of the deaths, yet this is what is glorified, and its why it pisses me off

the first thing we need to do is be honest, and realize that mass shootings are not the problem, hell probably the majority in the list presented weren't worthy of calling mass shootings (I would say all but 1 other)

They kiboshed federal funding to research gun-related violence for years...understandable, since the few decent studies all support more stringent gun control. Unless youve figured out why the US is an outlier in gun violence, including mass shootings, more research can only help.

Hell no, and they probably wont ever.

My dad when a gun collector, he probably had over 150 when he died. He always told me as a kid how dangerous they were. To the point, when I finally got my own at ten (small .22 that I shot cans with). I literally was terrified of that thing and didnt shoot it for about six months after I got it.

They should allow some research, let people know the score the game so to speak

Hell no, and they probably wont ever.

My dad when a gun collector, he probably had over 150 when he died. He always told me as a kid how dangerous they were. To the point, when I finally got my own at ten (small .22 that I shot cans with). I literally was terrified of that thing and didnt shoot it for about six months after I got it.

They should allow some research, let people know the score the game so to speak

Uh, can size?

• Like 1

This kid immediately rolled over to get out of the death penalty. I say that. I don't care if it is too long and too slow. So was building the Liberty Tower, but we still did it. Kill this mother dude.

1. More gun control. As in put more guns on the banned list. Ill let the professionals deem where we draw the exact line of demarcation. All auto like now and most semi automatic. I get to keep my 12 gauge for Home defense, grandma can keep her pistol in her purse and John Boy Deer Hunter can keep his hunting rifle.

2. Similar to getting a drivers liscense one has to pass a written and field test that has to be renewed every few years.

3. An armed police/security guard in schools

4. Enforce all and new current gun laws with diligence and harshly.

5. America needs two parent households. A societal shift back to the family structure.

6. Id prolly get rid of social media. I swear its the devil. There are good things about it but social media is a net negative to society.

Theremaybemore

1. Heavily agree.

2. Heavily agree.

3. Disagree, this will only cause more problems. The solution is to remove any guns, not add more.

4. Agree

5. Disagree, it just is how it is. Cant force people to be together.

6. Disagree, plus it wont go anywhere. I agree it breeds negativity.

1. Heavily agree.

2. Heavily agree.

3. Disagree, this will only cause more problems. The solution is to remove any guns, not add more.

4. Agree

5. Disagree, it just is how it is. Cant force people to be together.

6. Disagree, plus it wont go anywhere. I agree it breeds negativity.

I disagree with your disagreement on #3. Both of the major public HSs (and at least some of the middles schools) in our city have a resource officer; an armed police officer where the police car is very visible at the front of the school. You think this is a bad thing? :unsure: