Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Chinese Food: NY Style

Never heard of NY style Chinese food until I passed one today. What's the difference between it and every other Chinese food place? Or is there any difference at all besides calling itself NY style or being from NY?

Never heard of NY style Chinese food until I passed one today. What's the difference between it and every other Chinese food place? Or is there any difference at all besides calling itself NY style or being from NY?

If it's Ghetto NY style it wil have twice the sugar and salt and they will mostly sell fried chicken and French fries.

If it's Ghetto NY style it wil have twice the sugar and salt and they will mostly sell fried chicken and French fries.

Well the town I saw it in DOES have a lot of black people :lol:

Well the town I saw it in DOES have a lot of black people :lol:

There you go. And the customers get to try and negotiate the posted price and hurl racial slurs at will. You can expect to hear such things as " Hey Ching-Chong, how much for a dollars worf of French fries?"'

It tastes like thin crust pizza.

It's American-Style.

Meaning, you're likely to find Americanized Crap Food like "Chicken Chow Mein" -

even though that crap was created in shiithole indentured servitude camps from the scraps afforded

to Chinese 'immigrants' (in the least willing sense possible) from their Railway Overlords.

If you enjoy La Choi From the bottom shelves of the 'ethnic' aisle in the grocery store, or

have a deep and abiding craving for Panda Express, then this crap is right up your alley.

It's American-Style.

Meaning, you're likely to find Americanized Crap Food like "Chicken Chow Mein" -

even though that crap was created in shiithole indentured servitude camps from the scraps afforded

to Chinese 'immigrants' (in the least willing sense possible) from their Railway Overlords.

If you enjoy La Choi From the bottom shelves of the 'ethnic' aisle in the grocery store, or

have a deep and abiding craving for Panda Express, then this crap is right up your alley.

Anything you're not an expert in?

It's American-Style.

Panda Express is probably my kids' favorite restaurant. :D

Also what makes it NY style is they import sewage water with rat carcasses from NY like pizza joints do to give it that "authentic" NY flair. :thumbsup:

Anything you're not an expert in?

Well, if you could fill myself and the rest of us in on

your specific frottage techniques vis a vis clothing

choices and specific locations/circumstances, it

would go a long way toward filling in a large chasm

in my encylocpaedic knowledge base.

Well, if you could fill myself and the rest of us in on

your specific frottage techniques vis a vis clothing

choices and specific locations/circumstances, it

would go a long way toward filling in a large chasm

in my encylocpaedic knowledge base.

You tried too hard with frottage. Dial it down just a tad and you will achieve the desired affect.

You tried too hard with frottage. Dial it down just a tad and you will achieve the desired affect.

You're more of a 'snowballing' kind of a fella?

You're more of a 'snowballing' kind of a fella?

Rusty Trombone

I went to Panda Express for the first time yesterday. It was ok. :dunno:

I have been enjoying PF Chang's Frozen dishes.

Their Fried Rice is actually better than most you

get in take-out/restaurant joints.

Big Chunks of chicken, fresh vegetables - really good.

So to is their Orange Chicken. - And a crapload

cheaper and safer than most takeout.

Was very skeptical at first, but no more.

I made it a rule many many years ago not to eat Chinese food outside the NY Metropolitan area.

Got it one time in upstate NY and it was atrocious then one time out west and that's when I made it a rule.

:nono:

Also never eaten at a Panda place or whatever Chang you say. Chain Chinese gots to be as bad as chain Pizza. Another rule. No chain pizza.

Panda Express is probably my kids' favorite restaurant. :D

Also what makes it NY style is they import sewage water with rat carcasses from NY like pizza joints do to give it that "authentic" NY flair. :thumbsup:

Good one, generic insult guy.

Also never eaten at a Panda place or whatever Chang you say. Chain Chinese gots to be as bad as chain Pizza. Another rule. No chain pizza.

That Panda shite is horrible. Changs is good though.

I've supposedly eaten some of the best Chinese food in NY, San Fran, Chicago and LA.

But the best I've ever had was from a place in the Dallas Galleria mall called Uncle Tai's.

More specifically, Uncle Tai's crispy beef is the winning dish.

I know that I have posted about this before. I dig it up when I get a moment later tonight.

Woo-hop is the best Chinese restaurant I've ever been to. Five Happiness in New Orleans. I always order the number two just to hear the waitress say "You want number two?"

Ive never been to a chain chinese place in my life. I dont mind chinese food but dont love it. But the local places are ma and pa shops (they have a green card) If I am on the road I never get chinese.

The times I have been in a mall food court and the people I am with go chinese I will get something else.

Woo-hop is the best Chinese restaurant I've ever been to. Five Happiness in New Orleans. I always order the number two just to hear the waitress say "You want number two?"

In the basement on Mott street. And yes it is one of my favorite / top spots.

In the basement on Mott street. And yes it is one of my favorite / top spots.

Definitely. On most locals shh dont tell list.

Woo-Hop hasn't been open in years. It's now a 12 condo boutique residence and has Tory Birch and Devon & Bakely on the retail/ground level.

They re-enact the battle of General Gao vs General Tso every hour

It's like Casa Bonita but with rude New Yorkers