Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Three UCLA players arrested in China for shoplifting (one is LiAngelo Ball)

The Chinese love black people!!! Titans can probably confirm that.

The moment they walked into that store every security camera and detective around was watching. Would be funny if they get actual prison time.

• Like 1

The moment they walked into that store every security camera and detective around was watching. Would be funny if they get actual prison time.

Yeah, trying to shoplift as a six foot five black dude in china would be pretty damn tough.

Now what they should have done is gone in there and talked to the staff, posed for pictures and whatnot, and had some Chinese acquaintances carry armloads of sh!t out the door while they are busy.

That plan would have worked.

It's amazing how effective racial profiling is.

It's amazing how effective racial profiling is.

It literally is best way to prevent crime and terrorism.

so embarrassing on every level

I thought when people didnt grow up in the hood or had a decent education they didnt do stuff like this?

They're kids. It's not like they did something violent. They did something stupid.

They're kids. It's not like they did something violent. They did something stupid.

They aren't kids and they did not do something stupid. They did what they meant to do. Probably did it before. We all know they will get a slap on the wrist and continue to play at UCLA and perhaps even the NBA. I doubt they will ever honestly express remorse for their actions.

They aren't kids and they did not do something stupid. They did what they meant to do. Probably did it before. We all know they will get a slap on the wrist and continue to play at UCLA and perhaps even the NBA. I doubt they will ever honestly express remorse for their actions.

Disagree. Plenty of things I got away with at that age that was just as bad. I stopped doing them in time.

Freshman college students, I did some pretty stupid sh!t at that age.

Glad guys like you had it all figured out at 17 & 18.

LiAngelo drives a Ferrari btw, the kid is probably entitled, didn't think it was a big deal. Hopefully he learned a lesson.

Glad the President stepped in and got this thing figured out.

:thumbsup:

Freshman college students, I did some pretty stupid sh!t at that age.

Me too, but if I engaged in criminal or malicious behavior, it went beyond the boundaries of stupid.

Great thing that their celebrity will get them off the hook. I look forward to future behavior.

:thumbsup:

I agree, they are just kids - kids do stupid stuff.... I did as well.

But there is a HUGE difference between doing something stupid, running around with Billy and Tommy on a Friday night - and - doing something stupid (and illegal) in freaking China.

They're coming home.

It's now time for Alford and UCLA to step up.

I'd be ok with a lengthy suspension or even or kicking them off the team.

I agree, they are just kids - kids do stupid stuff.... I did as well.

But there is a HUGE difference between doing something stupid running around with Billy and Tommy on a Friday night - and - doing something stupid in freaking China.

You have to imagine that at some point before they went over there somebody from the school said, "hey if you fock up, there is a chance you will spend the rest of you lives in a Chinese prison". Seriously, even at 19, I could manage to not be tarded for 48-72 hours straight, when life in prison was on the table.

They're coming home.

It's now time for Alford and UCLA to step up.

I'd be ok with a lengthy suspension or even or kicking them off the team.

Alford would kick them off, UCLA on the other hand, won't allow it. A total reversal from normalcy.

You have to imagine that at some point before they went over there somebody from the school said, "hey if you fock up, there is a chance you will spend the rest of you lives in a Chinese prison". Seriously, even at 19, I could manage to not be tarded for 48-72 hours straight, when life in prison was on the table.

Otto Warmbier.............did nobody on the UCLA staff, anyone in the student body, a relative - nobody mentioned this name to these kids before they took off?

Ball leaves UCLA...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lavar-ball-pulls-liangelo-ucla-three-weeks-shoplifting-suspension-203438029.html

LaVar Ball’s middle son apparently won’t be one-and-done at UCLA as his father has long promised.

LiAngelo Ball instead is leaving the school without ever playing in a regular season game.

Angry over the indefinite suspension LiAngelo received for shoplifting in China last month, LaVar has decided to remove his son from the UCLA basketball team and withdraw him from the university, TMZ first reported Monday. The Ball family patriarch subsequently confirmed the news to ESPN on Monday afternoon.

LaVar Ball told ESPN he has pulled LiAngelo Ball from UCLA. "We are exploring other options with Gelo," LaVar said. "He's out of there." — Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) December 4, 2017

LiAngelo Ball and fellow UCLA freshmen Jalen Hill and Cody Riley sparked an international incident when they stole items from three high-end stores in a mall adjacent to where the Bruins were staying in Hangzhou. They were detained in China for eight days before the charges were ultimately dropped and they received permission to return home.

The morning after the three players returned home from China, UCLA announced it had indefinitely suspended them while the school’s athletic department and office of student conduct further reviewed the shoplifting incident and assessed what punishment it merited. LiAngelo, Hill and Riley have missed UCLA’s first eight games of the season and have not been allowed to practice or travel with the Bruins.

LiAngelo, the younger brother of Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball and one of three sons of sneaker entrepreneur and outspoken basketball dad LaVar Ball, is easily the best known of the UCLA trio. He struck a remorseful tone last month in his only public comments since the incident, acknowledging guilt and thanking those who helped get them home safely.

“I’m sorry for stealing from the stores in China,” he said. “I didn’t exercise my best judgment and I was wrong for that. I apologize to my family, my coaches, my teammates and UCLA for letting you down. I also apologize to the people of China for causing them so much trouble. I’m a young man, however, it’s not an excuse for making such a stupid decision.”

It’s unclear whether LaVar’s intent for LiAngelo is to have him transfer to another college or pursue professional basketball. LiAngelo’s outside shooting would be an asset at the college level, but he is not considered an NBA prospect.

Angry over the indefinite suspension LiAngelo received for shoplifting in China last month...

:doh:

Train wreck about to happen.

Man, I am really hoping for karma for this whole damn group. But the father most especially. I wonder if the guy that did Jordan's dad is still around?

As for the kid? About time for him to start dating a Kardashian. Those b****** of ruined more athletes careers then ACLs and screwed more black men then sickle cell.

Saw on Facebook...

LiAngelo career UCLA stats...

0 Points

0 Rebounds

0 Assists

1 Steal

• Like 2

I thought the kid was white? Doesn't he have a white Mom? I mean, didn't you guys say Meghan Markle shouldn't be labeled black just because she has a black mother? What happened to all that acceptance you claimed existed among white people for biracial people like this kid?

BTW, I am ashamed of the kid and his father. He isn't saving lives, he's playing ball. Please don't make this about race. He married a white woman for goodness sakes.

I thought the kid was white? Doesn't he have a white Mom? I mean, didn't you guys say Meghan Markle shouldn't be labeled black just because she has a black mother? What happened to all that acceptance you claimed existed among white people for biracial people like this kid?

BTW, I am ashamed of the kid and his father. He isn't saving lives, he's playing ball. Please don't make this about race. He married a white woman for goodness sakes.

Well trade you Mariah Carrey, Lenny Kravitz and the entire Ball family for Halle Berry.

• Like 1

Obama is only considered black so....

Well trade you Mariah Carrey, Lenny Kravitz and the entire Ball family for Halle Berry.

Be sure to handcuff Kayne to one of the Ball kids, they can have him too.