Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Elijah Mcguire

I've picked him up out of speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's back on my waivers in two weeks.

Agree.

Well, with Crowell banged up and struggling and Powell down for the year, you could do a lot worse as a speculative add than McGuire. Opportunity knocks. And the matchup with the Dolphins this week is juicy.

Though the risk of starting a guy in his first week back from a prolonged injury is obvious.

I picked him up last week. He will be activated from IR tomorrow per local reports. I think he makes for a very solid pickup and will deliver volume ROS.

Jets Homer here:

Before his injury, he was suppose to take over Powells roster spot and position. Jets Running Backs coach Stump Mitchell compared McGuires skillset as that of LaDanian Tomlinson after minicamp. Not saying that hes the next LT2 but they obviously saw talent in the 2nd year back that they were ready to cut Powell before he broke his foot.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-mcguire-tomlinson-20180614-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Jets Homer here:

Before his injury, he was suppose to take over Powells roster spot and position. Jets Running Backs coach Stump Mitchell compared McGuires skillset as that of LaDanian Tomlinson after minicamp. Not saying that hes the next LT2 but they obviously saw talent in the 2nd year back that they were ready to cut Powell before he broke his foot.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-mcguire-tomlinson-20180614-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Do you see McGuire taking over the starting RB role over Crowell or is McGuire simply a 3rd down/receiving back?

Do you see McGuire taking over the starting RB role over Crowell or is McGuire simply a 3rd down/receiving back?

Crowell was signed to a 3yr deal but it has an out clause after this year. Hes not in the Jets future plans. With that said, he is the starter right now and you will probably see McGuire do the change of pace thing with his reps increasing as the season goes on. They will also ride the hot RB with eventually McGuire taking over when the Jets get eliminated from the playoff picture thus giving you a starting RB for the fantasy playoff run. McGuire is considered a 3-down back so theyll be no worries for him coming off the field in passing downs.
  • Like 1

Crowell was signed to a 3yr deal but it has an out clause after this year. Hes not in the Jets future plans. With that said, he is the starter right now and you will probably see McGuire do the change of pace thing with his reps increasing as the season goes on. They will also ride the hot RB with eventually McGuire taking over when the Jets get eliminated from the playoff picture thus giving you a starting RB for the fantasy playoff run. McGuire is considered a 3-down back so theyll be no worries for him coming off the field in passing downs.

Perfect overview of the situation.

7 rushes & 3 receptions (5 targets) for 67 total yards 1st game back from injury. I caught some of his runs....looks like he can be good.

Any chance he'll start getting 15-18 touches per game rotw?

• Like 1

I think he will get more work going forward.

I mean he might get hurt again or Crowell will get hurt again n

So he’s diffently a pick up worthy rb.

53% snap share on his first week back. Crowell has been plodding last couple weeks with 19 carries for 54 yards. Seems like its just a matter of time till McGuire assumes 60%+ of workload. I bought in last week. Considering even flexing him this week vs Buffalo.

Crowell's last 4 games: 50 carries, 143 yards (2.86 avg). And he's barely a factor as a receiver. In fact, if you take away his one outlier game against Denver where he racked up over 200 yards, he's averaging less than 40 rushing yards per game.

The path is wide open for McGuire to become the lead back here.

I think the path is open for him also.

Is he good enough of a player to be the Jets rb1?

There was a time around here when this thread would be 3-4 pages long with people hyping him left and right. After this week, I now have him in all 4 of my leagues....starting in 1 of my injury riddled leagues. He's been getting some hype in NY papers/radio shows. Hoping for 15-20 touches this week with an improved offense now that McCown behind center. RB2 material imho.

Mm rb2 huh.

the Scouting reports single out his pass catching over running inside. Forte lite or Powell 2.0. A gang green article this week mentions hes still building up conditioning and that they might move him around a lot. Rb3 w upside.

Still trying to figure out if he'll potentially be a 3 down back down the stretch or if he's basically a Duke Johnson type.

Still trying to figure out if he'll potentially be a 3 down back down the stretch or if he's basically a Duke Johnson type.

If he is on your waiver wire I think he is an excellent stash to see what he does against Buffalo. If he takes his market share from 50% to 65% this week then he will be a guy that teams will blow a lot of remaining FAB on. I'm guessing there is a less value lower upside guy on most peoples benches.

• Like 1

If he is on your waiver wire I think he is an excellent stash to see what he does against Buffalo. If he takes his market share from 50% to 65% this week then he will be a guy that teams will blow a lot of remaining FAB on. I'm guessing there is a less value lower upside guy on most peoples benches.

Exactly this.

Have Hunt, Aaron Jones, Kerryon Johnson, Duke Johnson And Spencer Ware

Would you pickup McGuire or get rid of Ware(handcuff for Hunt) or Duke Johnson or stay with the what I have......I can only have 5 RBs

Have Hunt, Aaron Jones, Kerryon Johnson, Duke Johnson And Spencer Ware

Would you pickup McGuire or get rid of Ware(handcuff for Hunt) or Duke Johnson or stay with the what I have......I can only have 5 RBs

Duke vs McGuire is close. Even though Duke had a huge game last week his usage really didn't change in terms of snaps. I think McGuire has a chance to be a lead back and Duke doesn't.

Ppr I would keep the Duke.

This is the game you stashed him for and hopefully brought you home the championship.....

I own in 3 of 4 leagues. Only played him in 1 though. Went with J Williams instead in the other 2. Not horrible, but not as good.

This is the game you stashed him for and hopefully brought you home the championship.....

He's on my bench as I started Saquon Barkley, David Johnson, and Damien Williams but I did pick up last week Robby Anderson and started him, oh yea! Huge game by the Jets.