Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Voicemail I woke up to

WTF Naomi? You need to get rid of this guy ASAP.

The only way to do that is not respond to anything. It makes me uncomfortable to not have a pulse on to what degree his anger, etc., is at, but there isn't an alternative. I didn't know his issues are as deep as they are, but he's actually been committed before (years ago I think). At first I thought his lack of perspective (when I first started realizing it) was selfishness, but it's literally sickness. He was never a jerk to me when we were going out. He was more about trying to be the perfect boyfriend and then sometimes using it as leverage 'I can't believe you, when I...'

A week or so ago for a couple days when I was worried about his stability and even my well-being to a degree he sent me a pic somewhat out of the blue with him doing the Jack Nicholson 'Here's Johnny!' face, and he captioned it with that. My immediate reaction was "oh f****". BUT he was trying to be funny and I'm 99% sure he wasn't thinking it would creep me out. The timing though..

A week or so ago for a couple days when I was worried about his stability and even my well-being to a degree he sent me a pic somewhat out of the blue with him doing the Jack Nicholson 'Here's Johnny!' face, and he captioned it with that. My immediate reaction was "oh f****". BUT he was trying to be funny and I'm 99% sure he wasn't thinking it would creep me out. The timing though..

Dudes definitely a psycho, did you give it up to him?

We had great physical chemistry but no.

I wonder how many guys would out that much thought into someone they weren't physical with? Something is not right with that guy.

His ability to say "I really focking hate you" with such calmness makes me think he is a psycho. Like, report this to the authorities level of psycho.

Also he sounds either drunk or slow-witted. :dunno:

There's other stuff he's said before that definitely rises to the level of telling authorities. I am responsible though for bad managing of how things went down between us (not realizing he was as sick as he is...but regardless, still responsible). Not being wise enough to do 'no contact' early on. He says there's other things that really weigh on him (his relationship with his biological dad seems to be the biggest one), so I don't think the way he feels about us (which morphs) would be enough to make him flip on me or my family. I weigh being safe with not kinda screwing him for something I had a naive/stupid hand in, and also really embarrassing myself.

The only way to do that is not respond to anything. It makes me uncomfortable to not have a pulse on to what degree his anger, etc., is at, but there isn't an alternative. I didn't know his issues are as deep as they are, but he's actually been committed before (years ago I think). At first I thought his lack of perspective (when I first started realizing it) was selfishness, but it's literally sickness. He was never a jerk to me when we were going out. He was more about trying to be the perfect boyfriend and then sometimes using it as leverage 'I can't believe you, when I...'

Then don't respond... you don't need this level of crazy in your life, and it's not your job to keep tabs on his mental state. That voicemail raises all kinds of red flags, and no self-respecting person would tolerate that kind of behavior. I'd be thinking restraining order at this point.

YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS NAOMI!!!

A few months back I read up on restraining/protective orders and it's actually acknowledged that they've been known to be final straws for unstable people. When someone is angry and vengeful but still basically sane that's when they're good. Otherwise it's kind of a dangerous move.

Thanks OM. I didn't go out with him because I didn't feel like I deserve better. We worked together at Macy's. He was awesome company and we had that strong magnetic attraction that sometimes happens. If he was healthy mentally, and the other incompatibility wasn't there, I'd seriously :wub: him.

Side note: He got more stars next to his nametag than anyone else for the holiday season. You get one if a customer goes to the trouble of commending your good service to management. His room for stars got maxed out.

That should probably be reported, before something happens.

You don't want the only people aware of this freak to be the geeks on this bored.

If we were in prison, I would make him my b!tch

That should probably be reported, before something happens.

You don't want the only people aware of this freak to be the geeks on this bored.

I doubt she will do that. So hey naomi, make sure that somebody who knows you IRL is aware of this. In case... you know... :unsure:

I could talk to his mom. Last week he was saying she's acting different around him and he thinks she's concerned about him/going to take some kind of action. I just don't want to call her while she happens to be with him, so I'd probably go over to her house which is pretty close. He rarely goes there.

I could talk to his mom. Last week he was saying she's acting different around him and he thinks she's concerned about him/going to take some kind of action. I just don't want to call her while she happens to be with him, so I'd probably go over to her house which is pretty close. He rarely goes there.

Read that bolded part again. His own mother thinks he might be a psycho. Seriously, you need to report this.

Read that bolded part again. His own mother thinks he might be a psycho. Seriously, you need to report this.

Why? She is clearly justifying everything that he does and is OK with it all.

Why? She is clearly justifying everything that he does and is OK with it all.

It's how she is; she seems to have a "halo effect" with every loser she dates. This one seems particularly dangerous though. Seriously, that voicemail is the creepiest thing I've heard in some time. If I read tomorrow that he shot up a movie theater, I wouldn't be in the least surprised.

I think his mom may know what all he has going on with him, and has been involved in this stuff with him. It strikes me as best that he doesn't see me attached with anything on this front. I haven't dated 'losers' Jerry. This guy is in the sense of his mental illness. His family is really successful (they also seem corrupt in some ways though, another story). If you're thinking about the waiter heavily in debt, we just stayed friends.

I think his mom may know what all he has going on with him, and has been involved in this stuff with him. It strikes me as best that he doesn't see me attached with anything on this front. I haven't dated 'losers' Jerry. This guy is in the sense of his mental illness. His family is really successful (they also seem corrupt in some ways though, another story). If you're thinking about the waiter heavily in debt, we just stayed friends.

"Losers" may have been a bit of an abrupt descriptor. The current guy certainly fits the descriptor. Waiter guy as well. But I was actually thinking about your boss during the internship. Not a loser from a life perspective, but he put you in a very difficult position. Focus more on my "halo effect" comment -- you put the men in your life on a pedestal which all objective evidence says is unwarranted.

Regarding the quoted post, please help me to understand:

I think his mom may know what all he has going on with him, and has been involved in this stuff with him.

What does this mean?

It strikes me as best that he doesn't see me attached with anything on this front.

What does this mean?

This guy is in the sense of his mental illness.

What does this mean?

"Losers" may have been a bit of an abrupt descriptor. The current guy certainly fits the descriptor. Waiter guy as well. But I was actually thinking about your boss during the internship. Not a loser from a life perspective, but he put you in a very difficult position. Focus more on my "halo effect" comment -- you put the men in your life on a pedestal which all objective evidence says is unwarranted.

Regarding the quoted post, please help me to understand:

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

The pedestal thought sounds a little weird to me. I can see it with my internship boss, in recognition of his looks, but I didn't think he was faultless.

The first 'what does this mean?' - Last week he said he'd been committed at a point in time, and mentioned his mom and step-dad with that. Sometimes he tells me things that he would absolutely not say, or he would really minimize, when he's in a different mode. That was one of them.

I've talked to his mom before about him being bipolar. A couple weeks into dating he said he'd been told he was borderline bipolar before. When we broke up he told me that he was straight-up bipolar. So I asked her about it. The way she put it was close to how he did earlier on. I think she did that for his sake but she knows more about his issues, and it explains why she comes and sees him multiple times a day.

Second one: I think the chance of him getting violent toward me or my family would go up if he knows I think he's crazy, and am seeking intervention. If I touch base with his mom, who probably knows darker stuff than she wanted to divulge, she can have more context on where he's at right now and what should be done about it.

Third one: If he didn't have his mental issues, I don't think he would be a loser at all.

Don't obsess over it either - just stop focking hanging out with creeps and losers and psychos. It's that easy

The guys I've dated have been well-adjusted (before him), and ethical.

The guys I've dated have been well-adjusted (before him), and ethical.

Ahh B.S., you're always finding guys with some huge red flag. Either because you want to save them or because it's a reason for you to never fully commit to living life...not sure which but it's clearly one or the other.

I get the feeling that you feel like there is something romantically admirable in not giving up on him. Am I close?

Ahh B.S., you're always finding guys with some huge red flag. Either because you want to save them or because it's a reason for you to never fully commit to living life...not sure which but it's clearly one or the other.

Guys I've been most serious about are currently: park ranger with a family now, business admin. with a family now (although he has created some big probs in his marriage), and a freelance journalist who is just an all around good guy.

I get the feeling that you feel like there is something romantically admirable in not giving up on him. Am I close?

There's solid reasons why I'm nervous about going the reporting him route, out of the gate. If I talk to someone in his family first, it seems like the safer route to go.

As far as why I've talked to him since, it's been a mixture of caring about his well-being, enjoying talking with him, and at times to ground him. He isn't an idea to me, I've liked the person he is (sans illness). We haven't had solid contact. It's been like going a month or two not talking, some contact for a couple weeks, another month or two not talking, rinse, repeat.