Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Musicals you actually enjoyed

the wizzard of oz.

Off-Broadway, Najeh Davenport's one man show is doing surprisingly well.

The Wizzer of Us.

Spinal Tap :headbanger:

the end

Buncha fhags :thumbsdown:

You and your kitty cat only watch action?

I'll just stick with ones I've seen live, in order that I've seen them:

Fiddler on the Roof -- My Dad was a pretty good singer and performed in a little theater rendition in my hometown. I have fond memories of it. Plus it is an all time classic

Les Miz -- The gold standard to which I compare all musicals. My family has listened to the soundtrack a bazillion times

Cats -- On the heels of Les Miz it was like reading... Les Miserables and then a poem about cats.

Jeebus Christ Superstar -- Didn't enjoy, the main character shrieked more than sang.

Phantom -- meh, it was OK but nothing special.

Lion King -- it was fun, more visual than anything.

Book of Mormon -- 2nd favorite. Living in the second biggest concentration of Mormons after Utah (I think), I know several, and they really are as eerily nice as in the show. :D

Cats -- Saw it a second time, on our cruise last November. It was better than I remembered the first time.

I'm probably forgetting some. :cheers:

I'll just stick with ones I've seen live, in order that I've seen them:

Fiddler on the Roof -- My Dad was a pretty good singer and performed in a little theater rendition in my hometown. I have fond memories of it. Plus it is an all time classic

Les Miz -- The gold standard to which I compare all musicals. My family has listened to the soundtrack a bazillion times

Cats -- On the heels of Les Miz it was like reading... Les Miserables and then a poem about cats.

Jeebus Christ Superstar -- Didn't enjoy, the main character shrieked more than sang.

Phantom -- meh, it was OK but nothing special.

Lion King -- it was fun, more visual than anything.

Book of Mormon -- 2nd favorite. Living in the second biggest concentration of Mormons after Utah (I think), I know several, and they really are as eerily nice as in the show. :D

Cats -- Saw it a second time, on our cruise last November. It was better than I remembered the first time.

I'm probably forgetting some. :cheers:

So, you must be a power bottom.

I'll cast another vote for Book of Mormon. Can't go wrong with Disney Lion King-esque songs with lyrics like "fock you God in the @ss, mouth, and kunt!" :thumbsup:

As far as musicals, I am definitely homo.

In theater Ive seen:

Phantom - Michael Crawford is the sh1t and I love all the songs.

Les Mis - great music

Wicked - good music

Movies there are too many to name:

White Christmas

The Wizard is Oz

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Oklahoma

Then there are pretty much all Disney musicals.

Frozen

Tangled

Little mermaid

Aladdin

Lion king

Beauty and the beast

101 Dalmatians

Peter Pan

Cinderella

The Rocketes version of Nutcracker at Madison Square Garden. I was in awe.

When I was twelve, they had their ballerina troop come to our school. Did their number and asked for a guy and a girl to come on the stage and participate. Coach picked me and another girl to go.

I was maybe 120 pounds. The ballerina was the same. She, (32b) looked me square in the eyes and said....just hold my hips and let me spin. If you let me fall, you'll never forget it cutie.

Should've ejaculated on myself right there.

Held her hips on the curves and didn't let her fall. Became an ass hip guy from that moment on. I had a hard on the moment she put my hands on her waist and got to hold a strong beautiful spinning woman relying on me to hold her. I was in love.

Jerk off to her still today.

Anyway. Lion King fawking sucks. Cats? Meh. West Side Stiry? Meh. Phantom....meh.

The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas.

Because I was 12 and there were whoores.

And Dolly Parton's bewbs.

And Burt Reynolds.

The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas.

Because I was 12 and there were whoores.

And Dolly Parton's bewbs.

And Burt Reynolds.

True story. Doubt some will believe it. But my dad was an insurance adjuster. Mostly property. Worked for a company out of Houston/San Antonio, General Accidents. He gets a claim on his desk one day to handle a hail claim. Nothing unusual. Till he knocks on the door and meets the owner. She was waiting for him. Big titted older woman. Welcomed him in. Whores lined up at the bar. It was 8:00 in the morning. He was there to scope a roof for hail damage. Suprise.

Now mind you, my dad at that time looked like Buddy Holly. Big rimmed black glasses. Just out of the Army. Dork.

According to his accounts, he was propositioned from the moment he stepped in the front door. A dozen girls throwing themselves at him, I've heard him tell a million stories, but this one was always my favorite. His smile was proof positive of his time there.

He looked at the roof. Obvious hail damage. Asked if there were any leaks in the bedrooms, they lined up to show him their rooms. A pig in heaven. Spent five hours measuring and taking pictures. He said he could have had his biggest dreams come true that day, a sixth some. Write a huge estimate on that roof, and add in some others, he was gold.

What did he do? Didn't get laid, wrote the claim like he'd do for your grandmother, and have some stoopid since of business integrity.

When that movie came out on HBO we were watching it. Twenty years later. Under his breath.....Woulda coulda shoulda!!!! 😄

• Like 1

True story. Doubt some will believe it. But my dad was an insurance adjuster. Mostly property. Worked for a company out of Houston/San Antonio, General Accidents. He gets a claim on his desk one day to handle a hail claim. Nothing unusual. Till he knocks on the door and meets the owner. She was waiting for him. Big titted older woman. Welcomed him in. Whores lined up at the bar. It was 8:00 in the morning. He was there to scope a roof for hail damage. Suprise.

Now mind you, my dad at that time looked like Buddy Holly. Big rimmed black glasses. Just out of the Army. Dork.

According to his accounts, he was propositioned from the moment he stepped in the front door. A dozen girls throwing themselves at him, I've heard him tell a million stories, but this one was always my favorite. His smile was proof positive of his time there.

He looked at the roof. Obvious hail damage. Asked if there were any leaks in the bedrooms, they lined up to show him their rooms. A pig in heaven. Spent five hours measuring and taking pictures. He said he could have had his biggest dreams come true that day, a sixth some. Write a huge estimate on that roof, and add in some others, he was gold.

What did he do? Didn't get laid, wrote the claim like he'd do for your grandmother, and have some stoopid since of business integrity.

When that movie came out on HBO we were watching it. Twenty years later. Under his breath.....Woulda coulda shoulda!!!! 😄

9/10. :clap:

Disappointed that there is no additional love for Dear Evan Hansen. I guess I am ahead of the curve on seeing that one. I find it hard to believe that people would see that show and NOT like it unless you need gargantuan production numbers to satisfy your musical taste.

Also, nobody here has seen Hamilton?

Disappointed that there is no additional love for Dear Evan Hansen. I guess I am ahead of the curve on seeing that one. I find it hard to believe that people would see that show and NOT like it unless you need gargantuan production numbers to satisfy your musical taste.

Also, nobody here has seen Hamilton?

Hamilton is too political. Liberal propaganda.

Hamilton is too political. Liberal propaganda.

Too political to enjoy it or too political to pay $500+ to see it?