Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

Another school shooting. Houston

Last time I checked, something like 7 out of the top 10 deadliest mass shooting events in America have occurred in the last 10 years or so. Got to be something there.

Exposure>people buying more guns to protect themselves>more shootings.

It will only get worse, not better. Every shooting means more people buying guns out of paranoia. More guns means more chances someone misuses them.

Exposure>people buying more guns to protect themselves>more shootings.

It will only get worse, not better. Every shooting means more people buying guns out of paranoia. More guns means more chances someone misuses them.

actually the opposite is true, because the people buying guns are also getting education on firearms at a record number

actually the opposite is true, because the people buying guns are also getting education on firearms at a record number

No. Its not always the people getting educated and being responsible gun owners that do the shooting. Case in point, this very topic. I said in my post, more chances someone misuses them. Someone being anyone, not necessarily the owner.

Dont tell me the opposite is true when the facts clearly show more people are getting guns and more shootings are happening lol. Its simple logic. Just like more apples in my kitchen would mean I eat more apples that week.

"Thoughts and Prayers"

So sick of hearing this for the hundredth time. Try doing something about it for once.

No. Its not always the people getting educated and being responsible gun owners that do the shooting. Case in point, this very topic. I said in my post, more chances someone misuses them. Someone being anyone, not necessarily the owner.

Dont tell me the opposite is true when the facts clearly show more people are getting guns and more shootings are happening lol. Its simple logic. Just like more apples in my kitchen would mean I eat more apples that week.

dont tell me about facts, when you absolutely have none in your corner, there are more guns now and less shootings than in the last 20 years

also everytime I buy a bag of apples, I eat 1 and then forget about em the rest of the week until I trash them

there are more guns now and less shootings than in the last 20 years

Oh? I’d be Interested in seeing those facts.

Oh? I’d be Interested in seeing those facts.

We've posted them numerous times in these threads. Violent crime is down but gun ownership is at record levels. It was less safe in this country in the 70's than it is now.

Ive got an idea. This kid apparently got the shotgun and .38 from his dad. How about holding these responsible gun owners criminally liable if their unsecured firearms are used to commit a murder?

There you have your law that can help prevent school shootings.

• Like 1

Ive got an idea. This kid apparently got the shotgun and .38 from his dad. How about holding these responsible gun owners criminally liable if their unsecured firearms are used to commit a murder?

No you would just have innocent people getting into trouble. Kids gonna get that gun regardless of how responsible you are as the owner. I could just as easily stab you with your own kitchen knife too.

We've posted them numerous times in these threads. Violent crime is down but gun ownership is at record levels. It was less safe in this country in the 70's than it is now.

and way more losers breeding more losers.

No you would just have innocent people getting into trouble. Kids gonna get that gun regardless of how responsible you are as the owner. I could just as easily stab you with your own kitchen knife too.

Parents wont be held liable if their kid cracks the gun safe. Seems fair.

Lock your guns up and lock the ammo up separately.

meanwhile, what is the root of all this

Bullying

and quite frankly, when we started going overboard with protecting kids from bullying, they got weaker, and the weaker are the ones that snap. Maybe if when they are 8 and get picked on we just let it happen, where were the shootings in the 80s?

Students at the school said the shooter was bullied quite a bit by other students and one teacher.

Doesn't excuse the shooting. But if we are honestly looking for ways to stop these shootings, we have to look at bullying.

Students at the school said the shooter was bullied quite a bit by other students and one teacher.

Doesn't excuse the shooting. But if we are honestly looking for ways to stop these shootings, we have to look at bullying.

Do we have a definition of bullying? I would be willing to bet almost every kid these days would say they have been bullied.

Father should be yanked from his house and tortured until he dies.

More kids have died in schools this year from guns than we have lost in the military. But remember....we dont have a gun problem.

And surprise surprise.....kid took it from his responsible gun owner dad. What a shock.

:lol:

We could use more of your hot takes in the Russia thread. Sho is a one man army over there representing Team TDS.

Father should be yanked from his house and tortured until he dies.

Why? Hes innocent. Why are people using the dad as a scapegoat? He was just using his American rights to own guns, as many as he sees fit. Much like many geeks here do. If their kids decided to do what this kid did, the outcome would be the same and you would see a geek the next day calling for more gun regulation.

We could use more of your hot takes in the Russia thread. Sho is a one man army over there representing Team TDS.

You are 1000% correct, cyclone is almost the leader of the TDS army :ninja:
  • Like 1

Frankly, far less families were inconvenienced by this event than the number of families that weren't inconvenienced.....So really it's just math. Inconveniencing a few is preferable to inconveniencing many.

what do bathrooms have to do with this?

Why? Hes innocent.

I am assuming dad left the guns unsecured ie not in a safe or lockbox of any kind. He is therefore at least partly responsible for his kid using them to murder people. :dunno:

• Like 1

I'm not necessarily opposed to holding parents accountable for the illegal actions of their children. I think more parents would pay closer attention to their children as a result and that might help prevent some of these tragedies in the future.

Sho needs all the help he can get. He's taking a massive beat down like I've never seen before in the MS-13 thread. Even his fellow liberals are saying, "That boy's got TDS!".

Media: "22 school shootings this year". Talk about stretching the truth. What a joke, thanks CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/us/school-shootings-2018-list-trnd/index.html

A person was shot on the campus of Savannah State University and taken to a nearby hospital where he later died. Neither the victim nor the shooter were university students, the college said.

Sorry, doesn't count.

A fight led to a shooting in the parking lot of Lincoln High School, fatally wounding a 32-year-old man.

Um...Nope. Not even a student but a father of 8. Yeah, pretty sure you can guess the race.

A student shot another student with a BB gun in Gloversville Middle School.

ban BB guns please.

A teacher accidentally discharged a gun during a public safety class at Seaside High School, injuring a student.

accidents are not school shootings.

One student was killed and another critically wounded after an accidental shooting during dismissal time at Huffman High School. Police wouldn't elaborate further.

see above.

None of these along with fights that end in shootings and the single shootings in parking lots, dorms, at parties, etc count.

Actual school shootings that count for 2018: 5 and that's even a stretch.

Sho needs all the help he can get. He's taking a massive beat down like I've never seen before in the MS-13 thread. Even his fellow liberals are saying, "That boy's got TDS!".

2 different posters on the cyclone TDS bandwagon, can we get #3?

Here's the thing. There's always been bullying and always will be. Heck, don't tell me you haven't seen adults bully other adults. So, we can talk about how things would be in a perfect world or we can actually prepare the kids for this as they grow up so that when it actually happens their first reaction isn't to resort to this. I mean, I've been hearing about how bullying is such an issue for at least the last 15-20 years, and schools have supposedly been combating it. But yet, here we are with more school shootings than ever.

Big picture thoughts....

The pro gun side is firm on not giving any ground whatsoever on anything, and they succeed by convincing their supporters that any ground given is the first step in taking away all of your guns. In short, they've emotionally made it an all or nothing issue for gun supporters and that is forcing more gun control types to argue it from that perspective.............. I personally think this is a lack of recognizing the direction of the tide. I'm oversimplifying, but pro gun people are born, whereas gun control people are born but also created with each of these type incidents.

So for the pro-gun side, what is the plan? Currently you have the edge, so you've turned this into an all or nothing policy debate and haven't had to take any significant hits whatsoever. But once the majority shifts to the Nothing side, is the plan to then hope those that want to ban guns will negotiate differently with their edge, and thus agree to a middle ground? Does that seem likely based on our current political landscape and the culture war that seems destined to divide our country?

The beauty is that the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms. Not the MSM. Not California. Not late night "comedians". Not twitter trolls.

No amount of screaming by the left and uninformed is going to change the constitution.

There are 2 options for repealing an amendment:

1:

a. Pass both the House and Senate with 66% yeas. That will never happen.

b. Then, be ratified by 38+ states. That will never happen.

or

a. Hold a constitutional convention, which would require 66% of states. That will never happen.

b. Then, have 75% of states approve the amendments. That will never happen.

The anti-gun nuts will never win the gun control game.

Knowing that, if they honestly care about saving lives, then they will come to the table and discuss options that actually have a chance of happening.

(99% of Americans have no idea how this process works, that is why it is so easy to manipulate them with school shootings, crying kids, and gun control hashtags.)

Here's the thing. There's always been bullying and always will be. Heck, don't tell me you haven't seen adults bully other adults. So, we can talk about how things would be in a perfect world or we can actually prepare the kids for this as they grow up so that when it actually happens their first reaction isn't to resort to this. I mean, I've been hearing about how bullying is such an issue for at least the last 15-20 years, and schools have supposedly been combating it. But yet, here we are with more school shootings than ever.

I don't know.

After the Parkland shooting, Trump had a meeting at the White House with parents of kids who died in Columbine and Sandy Hook, among others. Some of those parents had started foundations that worked with schools nationwide to help kids who were bullied and prevent bullying.

Here is one of the websites: https://rachelschallenge.org/about-us

Based on the parents' testimony it sounded like that program was helping.

Maybe they are lying.

Maybe the program legit helped.

I think most people want to be good, do good. But kids are ######. Think back to when we were in school. Same thing. Now though, everything is amplified by social media and the perceived persecutions and embarrassment are 10x or 1000x what they were in our day. Combine that with prescription drugs that cloud judgement and distort reality and it is a recipe for disaster.

And yes, access to guns is a crucial part of the equation in these mass shootings.

Senator Rock's 3 Pronged Approach:

What can be done to keep guns out of KIDS' hands?

What can be done to keep prescription drugs out of kids' bodies?

What can be done to promote healthy competition/unity/courtesy rather than tribal mentality/abuse/doing it for the likes?

Notice that most of these shootings take place at schools.

Schools.

Immature teenagers that are all hopped up on drugs and pills and trying to out cool each other on social media.

It is almost always a kid going to shoot up his own school, his own teachers and classmates.

It is a LOCAL problem, not a national problem. Not a random problem. Point being, the school community itself is failing its own students and teachers.

/

• Like 1

A. You are a dumbass and Im handling myself just fine in thatbthread. Helps having facts on my side .

B. You are a dumbass thinking that because cyclone isnt a pro gun not that he must be some lefty against trump.

Keep trolling you ignorant tool.

2 different posters on the cyclone TDS bandwagon, can we get #3?

Max is an idiot too (banned from FBG so he came here to troll...his contributions appear to be following me around and say yeah! to anyone who disagrees with me.

Gov Abbott 2 weeks ago at NRA Natl convention:The problem is not guns. Its hearts without God.

Moments ago:we need to do more than pray for victims and their families.

. Point being, the school community itself is failing its own students and teachers.

/

The school community is a complete mess occupied by whacked out, everyone gets a trophy, no discipline allowed, liberal thinking at the top. Impossible to tie the two together and make it stick but it's quite the coincidence. Back when I went to school, the historic fight was 2 students started it and Mr. Myers finished it. He threw one of them down a whole flight of stairs. Do that today and you get fired and of course sued.

not sure if I have ever or will ever say this again

but I agree with MDC 100%

my kid CANNOT get MY Firearms. If he does its because I was negligent

not sure if I have ever or will ever say this again

but I agree with MDC 100%

my kid CANNOT get MY Firearms. If he does its because I was negligent

Where did your kid buy his trench coat from and does he also have that born to kill shirt? That parent failed miserably at parenting which is a common theme.

Where did your kid buy his trench coat from and does he also have that born to kill shirt? That parent failed miserably at parenting which is a common theme.

trench coats, long hair, piercings, tatts, backwards/sideways/flat brim hats, not allowed in my house.

Sunday best, going out to dinner is slacks or nice jeans, button up shirt or sweater.

Interesting. Connecticut has passed various pieces of legislation including Banning bump stocks and assault weapons and stuff apparently in the last handful of years. And they have seen a 30% reduction in violent crime. 30% more than the next closest state. I'd have to break that number down some more, but that's something interesting.

small sample size, California has passed a ton or laws too, and violent crime is up over the last 5 years

Interesting. Connecticut has passed various pieces of legislation including Banning bump stocks and assault weapons and large capacity mags apparently in the last handful of years. And they have seen a 30% reduction in violent crime. 30% more than the next closest state. I'd have to break that number down some more, but that's something interesting.

I heard one interesting proposal. I mean, at this point I think we have to entertain some outside of the box thinking. We have these incredibly grotesque and graphic warnings on cigarette packs right?

What is, as part of the process of purchasing a firearm, the purchaser has to sign a form that varies by state in terms of the overall increase in likelihood that at least one of their children will die as a result of the firearm their purchasing in that person's home.

Hey, it's not a silver bullet. But if I'm a gun manufacturer? Sort of like a cigarette manufacturer? Hey, they sign the form, they knew what they're getting into. That's one less Avenue for civil litigation. And who knows? Maybe that's tops 5 people a year from purchasing a weapon. Maybe it doesn't.