Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

MAGA daughter!

Promoted to assistant manager at 19 years old making 40k. Still going to college and paying her own way. ( I offered to pay and she said "NO, I got this Dad" I couldn't be more proud. :banana: :overhead: ( Still hate the boyfriend :mad: )

• Like 4

Promoted to assistant manager at 19 years old making 40k. Still going to college and paying her own way. ( I offered to pay and she said "NO, I got this Dad" I couldn't be more proud. :banana: :overhead: ( Still hate the boyfriend :mad: )

Lesson #1 in life. You work as family to get ahead. That means sharing resources and pulling together. Lesson #2 in life is to convince everyone ELSE that the correct way to get ahead is to try to be self-sufficient and do as much as you can on your own. With lessons #1 and #2, your family gets ahead of all the rest.

She refused resources from the family. She failed lesson #1. You actually think it is a good thing. You failed lesson #2.

Life is brutal and unfair, but those are really the ONLY 2 lessons to get. You failed them both. What that means is your family is much more likely to make stupid errors that can be avoided if you learned how to work together, and even tho you think you've done life the correct way, you will oddly find your family falling behind the curve.

Let me tell you, the people in the original 13 colonies that founded this nation didn't believe in doing things on their own. In fact it was the COMPLETE opposite. The founding fathers succeeded because they learned to collaborate, share resources, pull together. Everything you are cheering is the OPPOSITE of MAGA.

Lesson #1 in life. You work as family to get ahead. That means sharing resources and pulling together. Lesson #2 in life is to convince everyone ELSE that the correct way to get ahead is to try to be self-sufficient and do as much as you can on your own. With lessons #1 and #2, your family gets ahead of all the rest.

She refused resources from the family. She failed lesson #1. You actually think it is a good thing. You failed lesson #2.

Life is brutal and unfair, but those are really the ONLY 2 lessons to get. You failed them both. What that means is your family is much more likely to make stupid errors that can be avoided if you learned how to work together, and even tho you think you've done life the correct way, you will oddly find your family falling behind the curve.

You have a 131 posts. Do what you can to keep 132 from happening. Really bad take.

• Like 1

Let me tell you, the people in the original 13 colonies that founded this nation didn't believe in doing things on their own. In fact it was the COMPLETE opposite. The founding fathers succeeded because they learned to collaborate, share resources, pull together. Everything you are cheering is the OPPOSITE of MAGA.

I hope we can meet up someday and discuss this.

• Like 1

Stop

Look at Thomas Jefferson. His dad had little to nothing and carved out some successful business in the colonies to make something greater. Did he then turn to young Thomas and impress upon him to start from scratch and do the same? NO! He said I'm going to give my son wealth and opportunity so HE can take the next step. Thomas was given Monticello by his dad and wealth and dedicated himself to make himself even greater by going to university, leading Virginia, and writing the Declaration of Independence. If he was instead taught to start from scratch, he might have been mildly successful but our nation would have been impoverished because his dad would be holding him back.

That's how it works, you build as a family, to rise higher and higher with each generation and make something great. Not force each generation to start over at zero.

When each generation starts over at zero, they just make unforced errors and mistakes that could be avoided with family aid. You become lesser. You don't reach your potential.

I'm sorry if this lesson is tough. I'm sorry if you don't like it. But its a lesson that needs to be learned.

Look at Thomas Jefferson. His dad had little to nothing and carved out some successful business in the colonies to make something greater. Did he then turn to young Thomas and impress upon him to start from scratch and do the same? NO! He said I'm going to give my son wealth and opportunity so HE can take the next step. Thomas was given Monticello by his dad and wealth and dedicated himself to make himself even greater by going to university, leading Virginia, and writing the Declaration of Independence. If he was instead taught to start from scratch, he might have been mildly successful but our nation would have been impoverished because his dad would be holding him back.

That's how it works, you build as a family, to rise higher and higher with each generation and make something great. Not force each generation to start over at zero.

When each generation starts over at zero, they just make unforced errors and mistakes that could be avoided with family aid. You become lesser. You don't reach your potential.

I'm sorry if this lesson is tough. I'm sorry if you don't like it. But its a lesson that needs to be learned.

Thomas Jefferson sounds a lot like Donald Trump when you put it like that.

Not sure that shorepatrol has a Monticello to give her.

But..it's still funds in the family. Parents (presuming two in the picture) are holding onto it. She's doing well, just needs to keep the momentum. I know some mid-later middle-aged parents not having a great time due to paying for their kids college. Mom and dad better off than otherwise would be will get kicked back to her ultimately.

While this is an interesting topic, you are being a kvnt.

Congrats to shore's daughter. :cheers:

• Like 1

Wow.....good for you!

And the boyfriend will be gone sooner or later

You have a 131 posts. Do what you can to keep 132 from happening. Really bad take.

This.

Seriously, if Mike wants to gin this place up a bit, we should have like a monthly Survivor kind of pole.

no I wont

Sperm off: In high school, if I was aware that my girlfriends dad visited a lightly trafficked message board, I would come here to troll him. I was a smart a$$ little . I really needed my a$$ kicked.

that's a good job out of your daughter.....

but I thought riversocks had some semi-interesting posts.

Sperm off: In high school, if I was aware that my girlfriends dad visited a lightly trafficked message board, I would come here to troll him. I was a smart a$$ little ######. I really needed my a$$ kicked.

His daughters name was fire?

If you have kids, they will never compete

If you have kids, they will never compete

Everything you just said is wrong.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jpg/1280px-Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Gadsden_flag.svg/900px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png

Its critically important to impress upon the youth the need to pull together. You either hang together or hang separately in this world.

Really bad take.

Agreed.

just dont let her settle, at 19 I was making 100k a year. Fast forward to the time I was 42, I was making 100k a year

I think you're being type cast. Don't be afraid to take a chance..........look what it's done for some of the guys here.

Earning your keep (even partially) is an important lesson for kids to learn. So kudos to shore's daughter.

But, as you said, it's not the easiest path to success. After spending some with a few Italian and Greek families in the northeast, I saw firsthand how meaningful family support can be. I also saw a few examples of the silver platter model gone wrong.

My goal is to help each family member achieve their highest earnings and savings potential with whatever resources we have. But they have to contribute so they have some skin in the game.

You can look at shore's example as you did, or you could consider that shores's daughter is actually helping build the familys wealtth by earning and contributing that $40K toward her education/living expenses. Now, the $40K is working capital. It can be invested in the education of another family member, the stock market, real estate, daily ff, cryptos, mom's jewelry business, fledgling lingerie stores, or Bills season tickets.

It's not so black and white.

Promoted to assistant manager at 19 years old making 40k. Still going to college and paying her own way. ( I offered to pay and she said "NO, I got this Dad" I couldn't be more proud. :banana:

Wow! I'm so proud of her. That is great money for her age! As a parent you can exhale knowing she can support herself.

(Gosh, I'm always amazed how and why I made such little money in my life with a biology degree.)

Everything you just said is wrong.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jpg/1280px-Benjamin_Franklin_-_Join_or_Die.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Gadsden_flag.svg/900px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png

Its critically important to impress upon the youth the need to pull together. You either hang together or hang separately in this world.

Agree to disagree.

In the real world, when you want something, you compete for it. Sometimes you are part of a team and sometimes you are not. Rest assured the others around you are not going to just let you have opportunities or advantages without competing for them. Instilling a sense of competitiveness in your children might be the best gift you can give them.

I worked my way through my last 3 years of school (had a scholarship for the first year). It made me a better worker and a better student. I had skin in the game towards my education. If I flunked, it cost me money. If I did well, then I got some of the costs reimbursed by my employer.

Being a hard worker, learning the value and importance of hard-earned money and being mature by the time you get out of school are good things. No one is going to convince me otherwise.

• Like 1

Agree to disagree.

In the real world, when you want something, you compete for it. Sometimes you are part of a team and sometimes you are not. Rest assured the others around you are not going to just let you have opportunities or advantages without competing for them. Instilling a sense of competitiveness in your children might be the best gift you can give them.

Exactly. The faster they learn that everything in life is a competition the better off they will be. Some things you will compete in and care about others you wont.

It's like my dad told me with sports. I will help you but I will not feed you.

Now that doesn't mean when they fail and they will fail that you don't help them off the ground doing whatever you need to do... But this kumbaya, working on a farm together, family build each other up garbage is complete nonsense. Might be applicable if this is the 1800s I suppose.

• Like 1

Now that doesn't mean when they fail and they will fail that you don't help them off the ground doing whatever you need to do... But this kumbaya, working on a farm together, family build each other up garbage is complete nonsense. Might be applicable if this is the 1800s I suppose.

that's a good job out of your daughter.....

but I thought riversocks had some semi-interesting posts.

He's a millennial that wants his parents' money because he has delusions that he'll build on it, but we all know that he'll squander it all, be thrice divorced by the time he's 45, and leave his bastard children with nothing.