Sign in to follow this  
xxxdog

Hot Waiver Watch...Dan Bailey...

Two Teams that could contend for the Super Bowl , Vikings & Rams both with great offensive weapons , yet gifted with top NFL defense.....Each need a kicker replacement likely this week, although unlike the Vikings kicker who seems to be goal post blind , the Rams need to add a kicker due to injury....

Free agent Dan Bailey, one of the best NFL kickers for several years likely will be kicking again in week #3 .....Instantly with either offense you will be adding a top-5 weekly fantasy kicker, a great waiver add , my hunch he will be wearing Purple sometime this week.....

I am not spending a waiver priority on a kicker.

Depend on what type of waiver setup you have in a league....closed bid in several FF-leagues, and free waiver pickup after a set deadline in bid and priority.....Hard to imagine a team owner turning down a top-5 player even if its a kicker and you might be able to add him for free.......

Depend on what type of waiver setup you have in a league....closed bid in several FF-leagues, and free waiver pickup after a set deadline in bid and priority.....Hard to imagine a team owner turning down a top-5 player even if its a kicker and you might be able to add him for free.......

Fair enough. I just know I'm not spending part of a limited budget, or sacrificing a priority in a rolling system, for a kicker. In systems like that (which I play in), I'll wait till waivers clear and grab someone from Free Agency for free. There's so little variance between the majority of them. But if you think the points make sense, and it's not going to cost you getting an impact player at a more important position later, sure. (Didn't mean to shut you down with my response, just speaking my opinion :) Good luck

He's a great kicker, he would be a good one to add if you don't already have one

I don't see any problem with it

Vikings make the move and sign bailey.

Per Ian Rappaport

MAYBE.........The only missing link to vault the Vikings as a real threat playing in the Super Bowl....simply a dependable Kicker.....Now they signed one of the very best in Bailey.....

bailey is the dez of kickers: a once-great cowboy who did great things for the team, but who has been less than average over the last couple of years.

upside is 90% conversion and 54 yard range...if he has miraculously gotten healthy. floor is 75% and a 45 yard range. reality will probably be in the low 80s, with a groin or knee injury sidelining him around week 12.

It was a total shock Dallas cut him, going a new direction to save close to 3-mil......last year after his injury return in late Nov. he kicked a pair-50+yard FG's against Seattle, showing no problem with his leg strength due to whatever concerns...Bailey's history in kicking accurate has always been near the top of the NFL and at 30 years old he is still in his prime.....Without question, he is the BEST KICKER the Vikings signed in the last 10-years....

No one is discussing health..Hammy maybe? I think that may be one of the reasons DAL let him go.

Are you just guessing?

Are you just guessing?

It wasnt hamstring, it was groin at the end of last season.

As to the reason why DAL letting him go this season? Yes, complete guess, as I cant think of any other reason why theyd cut him.

It wasnt hamstring, it was groin at the end of last season.

As to the reason why DAL letting him go this season? Yes, complete guess, as I cant think of any other reason why theyd cut him.

Maybe because of his salary was so high.

Bailey's history in kicking accurate has always been near the top of the NFL and at 30 years old he is still in his prime.

i don't understand how people can post things like this. i mean, the stats are right here on the internet for anyone to see.

league rank by FG%, minimum 10 attempts:

10th

2nd

5th

14th

2nd

18th

26th

so only 3 years in the top 5, trending down for 2 straight years, baffling misses from inside 50 during TC, and still the 6th highest cap number from what was--at signing--the highest kicker contract in the league.

i hated to see him go, but cutting him was a very reasonable choice.

• Like 1

I’m going to just stick to streaming a kicker.

Am I the only one that noticed Robbie Goulds fantasy ascension last year once JimmyG took over? I made a mental note of it at the time and then laughed 8 months later on draft day when my league mates started taking kickers in the 13th round. Who did I draft in rounds 13, 14 & 15? James Conner, Matt Breida & Keelan Cole. And for my very last pick in round 16 -- Robbie Gould! I cant take someone seriously if they draft a kicker before the 15th round. Fantasy championships are won in the back half of the draft.

What if your league only has 14 rounds, we have short benches, so we only have 14 rounds.

Do you still respect us?

Stream

Given the moves Dallas made, it appears they were playing for next year. Unloading Dez but not replacing him with a viable WR. Also not having a viable replacement for Witten, then cutting Bailey. I'm not sure what their cap situation was, but it appears they were clearing space for next season.