Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Got laid off today

Blow :thumbsdown:

said no one ever that's tried it

said no one ever that's tried it

My cousin was on it and drinking the night he wrecked and killed a girl who was a nurse. He was goin 100+ when he went onto the other side of the road and hit her head on, killing her. Hes facing 20 years in prison AT BEST. Hes home right now with an ankle monitor on and can only go to his home, his lawyers office, or my uncles shop and only if my aunt or uncle are with him. Things like that are what drive me to steer clear of it. Of course alcohol had a part to play too but honestly Id rather not risk it. Dont know how Id act on cocaine and dont want to know.

My cousin was on it and drinking the night he wrecked and killed a girl who was a nurse. He was goin 100+ when he went onto the other side of the road and hit her head on, killing her. Hes facing 20 years in prison AT BEST. Hes home right now with an ankle monitor on and can only go to his home, his lawyers office, or my uncles shop and only if my aunt or uncle are with him. Things like that are what drive me to steer clear of it. Of course alcohol had a part to play too but honestly Id rather not risk it. Dont know how Id act on cocaine and dont want to know.

Sounds like meth to me or some other type of speed.

Least he wasn't texting.

sorry mung. hope it results in a better situation for you.

Sounds like meth to me or some other type of speed.

No it was cocaine. Thats what popped up when they tested him and he admitted to it. But hes been wild for most his life. Kept getting in trouble but my uncle would get him out of it. My uncle might not look it but hes pretty loaded so hes dropped a lot of cash keeping him out of jail. Nothing he can do now. He did get get his sentence down to 20 years.

One of my good friends was all geeked up and rolled his car speeding away from the cops. Has permanent loss of memory.

One of my dads friends in law school was ex special forces in nam. Went to law school on the GI bill.

Got coked up to celebrate passing the bar exam and ended up throwing a cop through a McDonalds window.

Amazingly, back in the 70s, that didnt get him disbarred.

One of my dads friends in law school was ex special forces in nam. Went to law school on the GI bill.

Got coked up to celebrate passing the bar exam and ended up throwing a cop through a McDonalds window.

Amazingly, back in the 70s, that didnt get him disbarred.

Sounds like the fast track to partnership.

Gibson right? Or is it still a semi secret

MAGA

Well not for you. Ts and PS :wave:

Are you sh1tting me? each of us could easily afford to piss away 10,000 that wouldn't be missed.

re: crypto thread

Exactly. Weve done this already.

Me and a couple of others.

:(

That sux.

I signed a separation agreement at the end of February.

Did you see it coming or totally blindsided??

how did they inform you?

letter, text, email, boss, or a little yellow post it.

how did they inform you?

letter, text, email, boss, or a little yellow post it.

They're laying people off man... they haven't bought post-its in a year.

Dude still has his Generals pay coming in from his reserve job. Plus Benes.

Doesn't suck.

Plus, those guys were shady from the jump. Not surprised.

Mung will thrive as they fail.

When one of yall's pet dies or gets divorced, or your relative dies.... I don't care. I'm a heartless a-hole and have no compassion. It's in my DNA.

However, this actually bothers me. Mung is a Geek in good standing and work is important.

I'm rooting for ya Mung. Keep us updated.

Financially the company is in bad shape, I was in regular discussions with the owner about layoffs, didnt think she meant me too. Director level guys were whacked and the pricing manager (which I didnt see coming).

Ive already put feelers out and will wait and see on Tuesday. What sucks is for one guy they hired him out of Atlanta and moved him here to Houston. He was hired in October. Thats a shitty situation.

Damn, its just really slow out there right now, I dont know where this great economy is, even most of my friends companies are laying people off.

Had a recruiter today offer this advice, remove the MBA from your resume. WTF?

Damn, its just really slow out there right now, I dont know where this great economy is, even most of my friends companies are laying people off.

Dang.. what's your field again?

Dang.. what's your field again?

Sales, my last position was at the director level, but the owner wouldnt let me direct

:mad: :wall:

keep pluggin. good luck bud

Sales, my last position was at the director level, but the owner wouldnt let me direct ######

You are in sales and can't find a job? Dude, it's you, not the lack of sales jobs.

• Like 1

Dude, move to Research Triangle Park, NC. Raleigh - Durham - Chapel Hill area. Its bananas out here.

Was hoping for a better update. Hope you find something you like.

First off, strike is fully employed so you. You must be wrong about that.

Second, get similar advice. Remove the Director for my title.

Fantastic. Now I have to prove that I'm dumb enough to work with millennials.

My ex's uncle was out of work for years because he was so over qualified for every job

Dude, move to Research Triangle Park, NC. Raleigh - Durham - Chapel Hill area. Its bananas out here.

I've thought about that. Lots of tech jobs, right?

i think this is is your problem ...

Sales, but I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

You played in the MBA?

I've thought about that. Lots of tech jobs, right?

Correct, well lots of big business. Im in Finance but yes.

Sorry Mung. What happened?

How can you afford your lifestyle with no income? :dunno:

B

I

L