Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Tomorrow is opening day of deer season in michigan

I get a kick out of guys who eat cow meat whining about deer hunters.

Funny stuff

:lol:

Yeah because shooting a deer in the woods, is the same exact thing as eating a cow that lives on a farm and was bred for eating

Apparently it's car season for deer here in DC. I see huge red stripes on the road followed by a tangled mess of fur all over the place. Must have seen 30 in the past week alone.

Apparently it's car season for deer here in DC. I see huge red stripes on the road followed by a tangled mess of fur all over the place. Must have seen 30 in the past week alone.

ban cars

Yeah because shooting a deer in the woods, is the same exact thing as eating a cow that lives on a farm and was bred for eating

The cow farm is probably worse. :(

The cow farm is probably worse. :(

but but but edjr says its not. so it must not be.

So it is Ok for a vegetarian to criticize eating meat?

sure, at least they aren't hypocritical.

Its also OK to make fun of vegetarians.

The deer in the woods at least had a natural life before it was taken. That cow on the mass produced farm has lived a miserable existence since day one.

You're fighting a losing battle here. Hell drobeski is beating you, that should say something

That cow on the mass produced farm has lived a miserable existence since day one.

Please let me bury my head in the sand.

I can't say hunting is morally wrong since farm-bred animals live pretty miserable lives. But I think there's something wrong with killing defenseless animals for sport.

I look at it like this: If you met a guy who raised beef cattle for food you wouldn't think much of it. If you found out that he really enjoyed working the throat-splitter you'd think that guy is a focking creep.

That's where I fall in hunters.

I can't say hunting is morally wrong since farm-bred animals live pretty miserable lives. But I think there's something wrong with killing defenseless animals for sport.

I look at it like this: If you met a guy who raised beef cattle for food you wouldn't think much of it. If you found out that he really enjoyed working the throat-splitter you'd think that guy is a focking creep.

Just like anything, there's all kinds.

I knew plenty of hunters in Alaska who were almost spiritual about their sport. They felt closer to the animal/Earth/whatever because they had actually taken a life to feed themselves with their own hands. They'd be sure to use all of the animal to honor its contribution and all of that stuff.

Then you just have the guys with small cacks who want to feel like a man so they shoot Bambi. Those guys typically drive the overly loud completely unnecessary diesel pickup trucks, FYI

Just like anything, there's all kinds.

I knew plenty of hunters in Alaska who were almost spiritual about their sport. They felt closer to the animal/Earth/whatever because they had actually taken a life to feed themselves with their own hands. They'd be sure to use all of the animal to honor its contribution and all of that stuff.

Then you just have the guys with small cacks who want to feel like a man so they shoot Bambi. Those guys typically drive the overly loud completely unnecessary diesel pickup trucks, FYI

Most hunters I've known fall into the latter camp. And all of them also are farm-bred animals so the idea that it was morally superior in some way is bull.

They just liked shooting Bambi. :(

Please let me bury my head in the sand.

how about you just pull a robin williams and hang yourself with a belt.

Hunting is one of those areas where I generally try not to get into debates much. It's one of those things where generally you're either okay with it, or you aren't, and no amount of persuasion ever seems to change anyone's views much. I will say though that in my experience, the guys who really get off on the killing part are pretty rare. I used to hunt with one and actually quit hunting with this whole crew of guys because of the actions of this one doosh. And, even though I call him a doosh, I still like him in every other facet of life, I just won't hunt with him.

It's hard to explain but for a lot of us who were raised with it, it's a family/cultural thing and not really about killing sh!t, or not JUST about that anyway. For most of the guys I hunt with it's mostly about the comradery, or the tradition, or even the challenge (yes I know a lot of people will scoff at that, but come out to Montana and hunt bull elk and then we can talk), more so than the killing. Yes, we're happy when we take an animal but we're pretty happy when we don't too. :dunno:

It's hard to explain but for a lot of us who were raised with it, it's a family/cultural thing

Like whipping your 4 year old son? :dunno:

I guess it's okay, he was raised with it

Like whipping your 4 year old son? :dunno:

I guess it's okay, he was raised with it

Yes, just like that, except not at all. As far as I know whipping a child is illegal in every state in the union, thus the culture has deemed it a bad thing. HTH.

Oh, and the other reason to not debate hunting is the terrible, inane comparisons and analogies people resort to because they are unable to debate the issue on its own merits. :thumbsup:

Yes, just like that, except not at all. As far as I know whipping a child is illegal in every state in the union, thus the culture has deemed it a bad thing. HTH.

Using the "I grew up with it excuse" to justify ones actions.

is the same exact thing.

HTH

Using the "I grew up with it excuse" to justify ones actions.

is the same exact thing.

HTH

I never said that growing up with something excuses you from breaking the law, so keeping casting at shadows.

do all the tree huggers up in here have a problem with fishing?

you'll notice the loudest Bambi defenders usually are big fans of abortion.

Its sort of like a guilt relief I guess. :dunno:

From a physiological standpoint.

My initials aren't DR for nuffin.

Animals are animals...big whipdeedoodah.

As long as they are trying to squash the freedoms of good Americans, they are happy.

As long as they are trying to squash the freedoms of good Americans, they are happy.

do all the tree huggers up in here have a problem with fishing?

It's ok to eat fish because they don't have any feelings. HTH

So it would be okay to hunt Mitt Romney?

You don't have to like hunting, but it's one of those necessary evils.

Now if only they'd open up hunting on the human population. Talk about a herd that needs thinning.

You don't have to like hunting, but it's one of those necessary evils.

Now if only they'd open up hunting on the human population. Talk about a herd that needs thinning.

a nuke on Cali would help a real lot :thumbsup:

Now if only they'd open up hunting on the human population.

:thumbsup:

I'm sure those big tough hunters would enjoy hunting if the animals had weapons too

:thumbsup:

I'm sure those big tough hunters would enjoy hunting if the animals had weapons too

they already do

That's why I support the right to carry.

they already do

That's why I support the right to carry.

wish i had a gun this weekend. one of those animals stole my car :(

If you back up to a preserve you should be fine. My land backs up to state land and I draw them in from that.

:lol: no man I live In Park Ridge - maybe 20 miles from downtown Chicago if that - I don't even own a rifle - I got a Sig Sauer though I bet I could put one down with at close range anyway :)

sure, at least they aren't hypocritical.

Its also OK to make fun of vegetarians.

Fair enough. Should you make fun of their meager waistlines or general lack of toughness/manliness?

Or you could be consistent, and say killing any defenseless animal is immoral. :dunno:

you'll notice the loudest Bambi defenders usually are big fans of abortion.

Its sort of like a guilt relief I guess. :dunno:

From a physiological standpoint.

My initials aren't DR for nuffin.

Animals are animals...big whipdeedoodah.

I bet every Bambi defender would also object to shooting a baby, or even a fetus.

There is a line at which sentience begins. Fish can suffer, I think. Not sure about anything less evolved than a crustacean. Drobeski, for example.

They lack the ability to experience pain/suffer. Ever heard a plant scream?

Yes but I was smoking it.

Fair enough. Should you make fun of their meager waistlines or general lack of toughness/manliness?

only if it can be funny..

Got nothing at the moment.