Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

Manning Sex Scandal

This is old news, but with all the recent scandals, I hope the NFL puts that a$$hole in his place.

Peyton Manning and sex scandal are two things you might never expect to see in the same article. If so, you don’t know about the incident that happened at the University of Tennessee when Manning was the Tennessee Volunteers star quarterback.

Due to all the negative press the NFL has suffered over the last couple of weeks — self-inflicted, I should add — this story was destined to find its way across the internet.

It’s thought that no one has made that big of a deal over it because, when it reportedly occurred, there wasn’t a Twitter or Facebook or [insert social network of choice here] to make it spread like wildfire.

Yet the young woman this supposedly happened to — a personal trainer for the University of Tennessee athletic program — won a $300,000 settlement from the school for this and other incidents of sexual harassment not perpetrated by Peyton Manning.

I won’t get in to those for the purposes of this article, but will instead focus on what she alleged happened between her and the Denver Broncos quarterback in 1996. The trainer’s name was Jamie Ann Naughright.

Naughright said that she was examining Peyton Manning to see why there was pain in one of his feet. While crouched behind him, Manning, “entirely unprovoked… decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright’s head and face.”

“It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up,” Naughright said in the deposition.

Manning claimed he was in the training room and dropped his pants to moon cross country athlete Malcolm Saxon as a prank. He said he did not know Naughright was in the room until it was too late.

In a later autobiography of the Mannings, Peyton described the trainer as having a “vulgar mouth,” reports The Post Game, and Naughright was demoted from her job at Florida Southern College, the site notes, as a result of the accusation.

Worse yet, a student-athlete who claims to have witnessed the incident wrote Peyton a letter telling him to admit what he’d done.

To date, Manning has downplayed it, though he had to re-settle with Naughright after discussing the incident a second time on ESPN.

What lends credence to this Peyton Manning sex scandal more than the actual settlement figures — the second time, the amount was undisclosed — is how you could be hearing more of this from Naughright, but she has stayed largely silent.

It wasn’t until Peyton brought it up that she took legal action.

Why would the NFL out Manning in his place for something that allegedly happened almost 20 years ago while he was in college? It's been settled.

Why would the NFL out Manning in his place for something that allegedly happened almost 20 years ago while he was in college? It's been settled.

Because he is the face of the NFL and they need to protect their brand.

Because he is the face of the NFL and they need to protect their brand.

Drawing attention to an incident that's already been settled doesn't protect their brand.

I thought this was going to be h0m0 sex story.

The second settlement is interesting. She must've threatened to sue him for defamation or false light. You can't be liable for true statements, so the fact that he settled would perhaps imply his side of the story doesn't hold water. (Although more likely it was just a cost/benefit analysis of publicly fighting a lawsuit versus just making it go away again.)

Not disciplining athletes who've abused women doesn't help it.

Manning supposedly abused her before he was an NFL player.

He didnt have $$$$$$$ then

Yes he did. The Manning family had shitloads of money . Why do you think Dooshbag Eli was able to tell the Chargers GFY when they choose him as the #1 pick and eventually had to trade him off to the Giants? He could have easily sat out a year till the next year.

I can't stand the Mannings. They are the supposed first family of New Orleans and I don't get it based on their actions since both of their brat kids entered the NFL. I admired Archie up until both got out if college, respectively.

Let's just do an anal probe of all celebrities/athletes/musicians, boycott everybody's activities, and watch paint dry instead.

The league should go back and mommy and daddy all of their athletes past history.

Putting a binky in the mouth of politically correct whine bags mouths is the most important thing to the league.

The gay guy didn't make the cut and god darnit the league should be punished

:mad:

Ban football! Promote kale and anal!

No Justice no peace !!!!!

I thought this was going to be h0m0 sex story.

This story is about Peyton not Eli.

I remember hearing about this but forgot the details. If true (big if) seems like a weird story. More like a stupid college prank than some sexual predator type stuff. Not sure I'd label that as a sex scandal. Not sure what to label it as though. :unsure:

Not sure what to label it as though. :unsure:

How about stupid sh!t 19 year old boys do?

Not disciplining athletes who've abused women doesn't help it.

20 years is probably a bit past the statute of limitations..sorry, but this is a giant reach.

[nationwideisonyourside] Squat-ting on your face feels gooooooooood [/nationwideisonyourside]

Sex scandals are a staple of this low rent fantasy football messageboard.

I don't care how rich he is. No woman would ever consciously have sex with that mongoloid.

He should have played soccer or track, or been an MD. Then nobody would care.

My OP wasn't serious. I googled the most wholesome, high profile athlete I could think of with "sex scandal". I'll add the joking/sarcasm emoji more often so you and MDC aren't so confused. :clap:

My OP wasn't serious. I googled the most wholesome, high profile athlete I could think of with "sex scandal". I'll add the joking/sarcasm emoji more often so you and MDC aren't so confused. :clap:

oh a little defensive I see, admit it you molested dudes in med school.

Don't worry, noboday cares what doctors did.

It doesn't fit the pussification agenda.

:cheers:

I'm sure the letter of the law calls it sexual act, but it barely registers as such. It's more of a gross out prank or dare. It's highly inappropriate, ill-conceived and just plain dumb, but I have a hard time seeing this as a sex scandal.

oh a little defensive I see, admit it you molested dudes in med school.

Don't worry, noboday cares what doctors did.

It doesn't fit the pussification agenda.

:cheers:

I didn't molest anyone, though I was a wrestler in high school. :unsure:

Prolly the same that you get when you sit on a guy's face.

Teabagging is more a Republican thing.

HTH

I'm sure the letter of the law calls it sexual act, but it barely registers as such. It's more of a gross out prank or dare. It's highly inappropriate, ill-conceived and just plain dumb, but I have a hard time seeing this as a sex scandal.

Anthony Keidis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers got charged with sexual assault for touching his wang to some chicks face backstage as a joke.

At least that's what he said happened

Anthony Keidis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers got charged with sexual assault for touching his wang to some chicks face backstage as a joke.

At least that's what he said happened

If I want an expert on Anthiny Keidis' wang you are my Huckleberry.

I don't care how rich he is. No woman would ever consciously have sex with that mongoloid.

She'd just have to get past the forehead from what I can tell. As for the rest of him, this personal trainer obviously knows much better than we do. Actually, she knows too much.