Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Front line - Weinstein

Sure, he's a sleaze to be sure, but at least what Frontline is presented sure as hell does not add up to rape or sexual assault. At best it's indecent exposure. And even then that would be hard to prosecute in a private hotel room.

His career is likely over, at least based upon what frontlines presenting, I don't see him seeing any jail time.

I was just thinking, run this scenario through your head and tell me I'm wrong.

Most press junkets are done in suite-style hotel rooms. So imagine Jennifer Lawrence is doing press for her latest film. There's a 25 year old male reporter from variety set to interview her when she accidentally spills wine on her beautiful white silk blouse.

The story:

" the usually composed Miss Lawrence utters an expletive I can't print here, she shuffles away and comes back moments later clutching a teal blouse to her chest. In one Fell Swoop she drapes it across her shoulders and begins to button the blouse halfway up before reaching 4 a fresh glass of wine. fully exposing herself to this young gobsmacked reporter without a care in the world.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is Jennifer Lawrence. Brash, confident, sassy and Unapologetic. It is why America and the rest of the world love her."

Tell me that's not the gist of the story that gets told. The story that further endears her to her fans and critics alike.

Tell me that the young male reporter wouldn't be laughed out of Hollywood if he claimed that hed been sexually harassed to the point that it felt 'almost like rape' and he's not sure he can continue in the industry any longer.

- further, that he had tried to tell his bosses and co-workers and they all laughed and brushed the incident aside saying well that's just j-law!

And therein lies the double standard plain as day.

Ill have to watch it at some point. It was never clear to me where the legitimately bad or criminal behavior and the witch hunt began

Respectfully I disagree. They will make sure he does some jail time regardless of what they have to do to see that happen.

Well I like the respectfully part.😉

At least the New York cops already had this guy on tape and a solid witness willing to testify and they still refuse to bring charges. So far, I haven't heard of a stronger case. But it will be interesting to see.

• Like 1

Ill have to watch it at some point. It was never clear to me where the legitimately bad or criminal behavior and the witch hunt began

Frontline is usually pretty thorough. But there was literally no there there. The worst they had him on was a pattern of walking out of the bathroom with an open bathrobe and then trying to cajole a shoulder massage out of a particular actress.

Maybe the worst is a glancing grab of some Italian actresses boob? Even that doesn't really fit the outrage. And the D A refused to bring charges. So it's not just my misogynistic butt downplaying things.

Interesting statement coming from you

I know I have issues. Glad jerking off into a potted plant isn't one of them.

• Like 2