Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Perhaps a resident member of PETA can help me out.

Saw a news item where there was pig rescue and they sent a sow and 8 piglets to a farm to live out their days. I get the dog and cat thing. Pigs? WTF do pigs bring to the table besides deliciousness?

Pigs are I think smarter than dogs? So there's that. And don't knock dog or cat until you've tried it. :banana:

How could a PETA member help you not watch retarded fluff pieces on your sh!tty local news broadcast? :dunno:

Saw a news item where there was pig rescue and they sent a sow and 8 piglets to a farm to live out their days. I get the dog and cat thing. Pigs? WTF do pigs bring to the table besides deliciousness?

Why do you arbitrarily think some animals should suffer, while others are pampered house pets?

Why do you arbitrarily think some animals should suffer, while others are pampered house pets?

i think they should all suffer equally as long as it benefits the human species

Animals suffering saddens me a hell of a lot more than people suffering.

If animals could communicate with us, then mebbe I'd change my tune a bit.

Also, PETA is a terrorist organization. They took a good idea and went lunatic fringe with it.

I will never donate a cent to those fuckchops. I donate instead to reputable animal sanctuaries.

And yes, assdarts, I do donate money every year to a certain animal sanctuary in Oregon.

• Like 1

i think they should all suffer equally as long as it benefits the human species

:lol:

Possums are surely straight from Hell right?

:dunno:

Possums are surely straight from Hell right?

:dunno:

I've got some that wander around in my backyard a few nights a month.

Scary looking, but cute as hell. I wish they would let me pet them and give them loves. :wub:

Good, now they can grow up to be big and strong and bacon. :thumbsup:

After they eat the birkenstockers out of house and home and destroy everything in their path, something tells me they will live out their days at another farm and finish up at IHOP.

:lol: Pigs are food, they have no other purpose.

:lol: Pigs are food, they have no other purpose.

They can procreate, eat and breathe, just like house pets. And potbellied pigs are kept as pets too. Other pigs are used to locate truffles. Most importantly, they can suffer.

But you think pigs' only purpose on this planet is to feed humans?

PETA is too extreme in their total opposition to animal use, but they are right to oppose cruelty and suffering in how animals are treated and killed. There is no reason or place for that.

They can procreate, eat and breathe, just like house pets. And potbellied pigs are kept as pets too. Other pigs are used to locate truffles. Most importantly, they can suffer.

But you think pigs' only purpose on this planet is to feed humans?

I suppose they have also been beneficial for research. Isn't that right Dr.?

PETA is too extreme in their total opposition to animal use, but they are right to oppose cruelty and suffering in how animals are treated and killed. There is no reason or place for that.

This.

:pointstosky:

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them taste so good? :thumbsup:

:pointstosky:

should i kiss and hug and give the tuna a last meal before i bleed and gut?

focking loons :wacko:

No one is saying that. Just that they shouldn't be treated inhumanely while they're in our care.

Use some common sense.

no shitforbrains, but you shouldn't pull its eyeballs out and run a cheese grater over it a few times first. Are you saying you're into a cruelty and suffering? It figures from a worthless POS like you.

I don't get the animal charities thing at all. Cats and dogs are fine. I had both growing up and liked them all well enough.

How people can throw so much money at that PETA, as opposed to any number of worthy charities that help humans is beyond me.

I know we all tune it out daily, but there is so much human suffering in the world. I just don't see it as money well spent.

no shitforbrains, but you shouldn't pull its eyeballs out and run a cheese grater over it a few times first. Are you saying you're into a cruelty and suffering? It figures from a worthless POS like you.

You are the biggest dumbfuck on the bored. And that's saying something with all the fuckchops we have here. HTH

You are the biggest dumbfuck on the bored. And that's saying something with all the fuckchops we have here. HTH

RMFF! Here you all come to your asinine comrade's defense :lol:

This.

Whiners whining about cruelty and suffering. The thread is about the idiocy of rescuing an animal that gives absolutely nothing back unless you are a truffle hunter. The only reason to rescue pigs is so you can feel like you did something humane when actually you did nothing of the sort.

focking loons

:wacko:

How is a pig any different than a dog or a cat? Just because we eat them, you people veiw them differently? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And even if you don't care from a humane standpoint... And yes, now I'm going to switch gears and talk about it from a livestock point of view-just in case some of you have trouble following along. Let's look at it from the quality side. Which animal would you rather consume? The one that was kept in squalid conditions and was scared it's whole life- who had unnecessary antibiotics and adrenaline pumped through it's system? Or the one that didn't have any of those chemicals?

People like to give to these charities, because unlike humans, they have absolutely no way to change their plight without our help. Doesn't seem stupid to me. :dunno:

• Like 2

First question would be, what were they rescued from? My understanding of sanctuaries for animals like these (ones we would typically consider farm animals) is that they tend to take in animals that have been abused or are diseased, have ailments due to factory farming and genetic engineering and the like. If they meet those criteria, I'm not sure they're considered suitable as a food source.

How is a pig any different than a dog or a cat? Just because we eat them, you people veiw them differently? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And even if you don't care from a humane standpoint... And yes, now I'm going to switch gears and talk about it from a livestock point of view-just in case some of you have trouble following along. Let's look at it from the quality side. Which animal would you rather consume? The one that was kept in squalid conditions and was scared it's whole life- who had unnecessary antibiotics and adrenaline pumped through it's system? Or the one that didn't have any of those chemicals?

People like to give to these charities, because unlike humans, they have absolutely no way to change their plight without our help. Doesn't seem stupid to me. :dunno:

Instead of accepting wedding gifts, we encouraged people to donate to one of three charities: The American Diabetes Association, Leukemia Foundation and Animal Care Foundation. While part of it may have been that the animal charity was local, people donated the most money to it, by far.

For once I am 100% on board with what the wench says

because that's what peta is fighting against :rolleyes: .ur an idiot.... that's common sense...

i've had them come up to me at dock and tell me that hooks hurt fishies mouths. i asked them how slicing their artery and letting bleed out on the deck for 5 minutes feels?

then i tell them to stop worrying about me catching fish which man has done for thousands of years...there's an abortion clinic around the corner where they suck out baby human brains all day....so take your hemp sandals and knap sack and go fight for a real cause

because that's what peta is fighting against :rolleyes: .ur an idiot.... that's common sense...

i've had them come up to me at dock and tell me that hooks hurt fishies mouths. i asked them how slicing their artery and letting bleed out on the deck for 5 minutes feels?

then i tell them to stop worrying about me catching fish which man has done for thousands of years...there's an abortion clinic around the corner where they suck out baby human brains all day....so take your hemp sandals and knap sack and go fight for a real cause

I think most people can agree that PETA takes things too far. They don't even believe in keeping an animal for a pet. :wacko: But their underlying message comes from a good place. Too bad the founder is batshit insane.

• Like 2

I think most people can agree that PETA takes things too far. They don't even believe in keeping an animal for a pet. :wacko: But their underlying message comes from a good place. Too bad the founder is batshit insane.

:thumbsup:

First question would be, what were they rescued from? My understanding of sanctuaries for animals like these (ones we would typically consider farm animals) is that they tend to take in animals that have been abused or are diseased, have ailments due to factory farming and genetic engineering and the like. If they meet those criteria, I'm not sure they're considered suitable as a food source.

The story indicated that they were rescued from an old man who was not taking proper care due to his age My guess is that he was raising them as pets in his back yard. These are your standard 300lb+ hogs.