Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

***NFL Draft/ NFL Combine talk

Yea, outside of Payne - the chances of the other 3 being there are slim to none.

And yes, I really want (and we really need) a MLB. With all apologies to Jaylon Smith - he's been a wonderful feel good story, but the kid can't cut it. He was a disaster of a pick then, he still is today.. Not to say we don't need OLB too, we do - but the value is better at MLB in the 1st than OLB. One of those we can better find later.

Where you guys pick not sure there is any value at MLB. A trade 6-10 down will be spots where Evans and Vander Esch will probably go. I have heard Dallas is into Vander Esch a lot, I think at 17 that is a reach. Some teams have medically flunked him. They said he has size and speed but plays way too weak for MLB. Poz is/was a guy like that. Poz had ability. Sure he made a lot of tackles......4 or 5 yards downfield.

The thing that I have heard about Bama defenders is a lot of them are already almost a finished product. I can speak of Haha Clinton Dix, he really had no business in the pro bowl the other year. He came in ready to play, but has gotten maybe marginally better. Solid starter for sure but seems like he has a low ceiling. The coaching in Bama is always top notch. They play a physical game and practice physically. Play in a physical conf. It has been said while of course you have misses and hits with all schools, but a lot of Bama's players come in as damaged goods, or wore down.

Lets say Dallas can't find a good trade down partner and sit at 17. Maybe they should just go BPA. They seem like a candidate for that play. Whoever that may be.

I like the potential at CB in the back third of the 1st round. Alexander from Louisville, Josh Jackson from Iowa, Mike Hughes UCF. And you have a mix of styles. Alexander the most athletic of the bunch and man to man cover corner. Jackson a bigger corner who had a ton of picks, Mike Hughes offers elite kick return ability.

I'm still deathly afraid the powers that be are targeting Ridley.... I think if he falls - they jump all over him. My 2nd fear is that we take a Guard..... I think (once again) they think the defensive front 7 is already pretty solid - and it's not.

* If Da'Ron Payne or V. Vea is there - I take them.

* If not and Roquan Smith or Derwin James is there, I take them.

* If none of the 4 above are available I entertain trading down, picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd - and taking Rashaan Evans (Bama MLB).

After that - I look to find a WR in the 2nd. It's a deep draft for that position - will still be plenty good players to pick from... I also look to find a FS, a LG a swing Tackle and a TE.

Damn Cruzer.....I just looked up highlights on all the players you listed, all of them seem quick, smart & aggressive. I think I was impressed by Vita Vea the most.

What order do you have the top WR's in?

Damn Cruzer.....I just looked up highlights on all the players you listed, all of them seem quick, smart & aggressive. I think I was impressed by Vita Vea the most.

Vea is amazing. If Seattle ever did move up, I'd love it to be for him. I think he's gonna go right around that 10-12 area.

Gonna be an interesting first round. If 4 QB's and Barkley go with the first 5 picks, some serious talent is gonna slide.

Where you guys pick not sure there is any value at MLB. A trade 6-10 down will be spots where Evans and Vander Esch will probably go.

Agreed - that's why I said (if all 4 are gone) - trade down and pick up Evans later.

If you can get Evans at the bottom of the 1st - and still pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd - homerun, take that all day.

Vea is amazing. If Seattle ever did move up, I'd love it to be for him. I think he's gonna go right around that 10-12 area.

Gonna be an interesting first round. If 4 QB's and Barkley go with the first 5 picks, some serious talent is gonna slide.

Kopy that. :thumbsup:

This WR class appears to be kind of deep with "really good" players - but no real "superstar" players.

1. Ridley - prolly the most polished, and I do like him........ but I do not like him at 19 and he won't be there much later than that.

2. DJ Moore - kid is solid, fast, can catch.......and most importantly, can get separation... Playing at Maryland hurt his exposure.

3. Courtland Sutton - kid is raw, but wow does he check all the boxes for star potential... and at 6.4" - I like him...........Playing at SMU hurt his exposure.

4. DJ Clark - if not for playing for pass sucking LSU, this kid would be higher... 6'2" with burner speed - yes please.

There are about 4 still on the board after this - all would be more than acceptable in the 2nd or 3rd.

1-Darnold

2-Barkley

Although the immediate impact would be nasty - I think most Dallas fans (myself included) hope NY does in fact take Barkley.

Franchise QBs don't grow on trees, they're so hard to find, And you only get so many chances to pick in the top 2 of a draft - especially for a team like the Giants... With the 15 year nightmare of Wentz looming in the Division - it would absolute hell if NY got a Wentz type franchise QB right behind them too.

Agreed - that's why I said (if all 4 are gone) - trade down and pick up Evans later.

If you can get Evans at the bottom of the 1st - and still pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd - homerun, take that all day.

Yeah I agree with that. So Jaylon Smith has no shot? I hear they will probably move him to strong side.

This WR class appears to be kind of deep with "really good" players - but no real "superstar" players.

1. Ridley - prolly the most polished, and I do like him........ but I do not like him at 19 and he won't be there much later than that.

2. DJ Moore - kid is solid, fast, can catch.......and most importantly, can get separation... Playing at Maryland hurt his exposure.

3. Courtland Sutton - kid is raw, but wow does he check all the boxes for star potential... and at 6.4" - I like him...........Playing at SMU hurt his exposure.

4. DJ Clark - if not for playing for pass sucking LSU, this kid would be higher... 6'2" with burner speed - yes please.

There are about 4 still on the board after this - all would be more than acceptable in the 2nd or 3rd.

My favorite WR is Anthony Miller out of Memphis. I am hoping Packers grab him up in the 2nd. Only 5'11 but has solid speed and very good route runner and very quick. Competitive at getting the ball.

In today's NFL I like smaller quick WRs.

Yeah I agree with that. So Jaylon Smith has no shot? I hear they will probably move him to strong side.

Bcoz of the lack of talent in our LB corps., bcoz A. Hitchens left, bcoz of the lack of depth at that position and bcoz he was a 2nd round pick - yes, he has a shot. If for no other reason than necessity - he will get on the field... But Jaylon is noticeably slow, is limited on the stop-and-go burst and is just overall not worthy of a starting job... This team got lucky as hell on S. Lee - if not for him, our recent LB history would be pathetic.

Yes...then again, you have a QB who can hit a moving target... We have Dak. :D

Although the immediate impact would be nasty - I think most Dallas fans (myself included) hope NY does in fact take Barkley.

Franchise QBs don't grow on trees, they're so hard to find, And you only get so many chances to pick in the top 2 of a draft - especially for a team like the Giants... With the 15 year nightmare of Wentz looming in the Division - it would absolute hell if NY got a Wentz type franchise QB right behind them too.

I'm of the mind set that the Giants can make another run. No dominant teams out there, hence I want Barkley. But if Cleveland doesn't take Darnold I'd like to see a trade

I would agree with this assessment also. Good and deep, but not great up top.

Now if your in desperate need for the great part. Next year is the year.

• Like 1

Pretty much agree with your position and the highlights I've seen. And Man, now with Dez gone we need something good to fill his spot, not that he had much production since Dak came to town.

My favorite WR is Anthony Miller out of Memphis. I am hoping Packers grab him up in the 2nd. Only 5'11 but has solid speed and very good route runner and very quick. Competitive at getting the ball.

Sadly we have 2 already

Cowboys need somebody like a Julio Jones for instance............WAIT!!! :shocking:

Pretty much agree with your position and the highlights I've seen. And Man, now with Dez gone we need something good to fill his spot, not that he had much production since Dak came to town.

Abbott & Costello (aka Red & Linehan) could have Rice and Moss in their primes - and fock it up.

That being said, you just can't pay a guy with Dez's #'s, who can't catch and get separation - that kind of money........ It had to be done.

Abbott & Costello (aka Red & Linehan) could have Rice and Moss in their primes - and fock it up.

That being said, you just can't pay a guy with Dez's #'s, who can't catch and get separation - that kind of money........ It had to be done.

Cruzer, they were a miraculous throw by Rodgers away from hosting the NFC championship a year ago. Last season was a cluster from jump with all the EE drama. You gotta have a little more faith. There is no dominant NFC team right now, it's up for grabs and the Cowboys have as good a chance as any.

Sad but true :huh:

Agreed, it had to be done! Now that he's gone we can hopefully find the 3rd Triplet. :headbanger:

Panthers needs:

Cornerback

Safety

Guard

DE

RB (Compliment to McCaffrey)

WR

TE (Olsen backup)

Id be shocked if we didnt fill those top three needs in 3 of our 4 1-3 round picks.

We shall see

Draft rumors: Cowboys locked in on Vita Vea, Leighton Vander Esch, and D.J. Moore - in that order?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/4/25/17279130/2018-draft-rumors-dallas-cowboys-locked-in-on-vita-vea-leighton-vander-esch-and-d-j-moore

I'm thrilled, and shocked, that rumors center around Vea... This franchise values DT about as much as it does affordable parking.. It's cute that they think Vea will still be there - he won't. I just wish they valued Payne in near the same regard - I do.

I'm thrilled, and shocked, that rumors center around Vea... This franchise values DT about as much as it does affordable parking.. It's cute that they think Vea will still be there - he won't. I just wish they valued Payne in near the same regard - I do.

:lol:

TOMORROW :banana: :banana: :banana:

Im seriously considering calling in sick Friday morning, as thats when the draft will be on here. The draft is my favorite sports event of the year.

I liked it better with the old format of three rounds on Saturday though.

Im seriously considering calling in sick Friday morning, as thats when the draft will be on here. The draft is my favorite sports event of the year.

I liked it better with the old format of three rounds on Saturday though.

What rounds are what days? :dunno:

Thanks in advance!

What rounds are what days? :dunno:

Thanks in advance!

First 20 picks today, the rest of the first 3 rounds Friday, off Saturday and wrap up the final rounds Sunday.

First 20 picks today, the rest of the first 3 rounds Friday, off Saturday and wrap up the final rounds Sunday.

Really? Theyre not even doing the whole first round tonight? Thats new, and stupid if true

:lol:

:doh:

So is tonight just the 1st round?

I feel bad for the Eagles fans who stay up until midnight to see the pick only to have Philly trade down.

No one seems to be talking about the Redskins making a move. I could see it.

No one seems to be talking about the Redskins making a move. I could see it.

If I were Wash - I'd stay put.. There's going to be at least 2, if not 3, top defensive prizes there at 13 - notably V. Vea and D. James. No way I give a way picks when I can land one of them.

If I were Wash - I'd stay put.. There's going to be at least 2, if not 3, top defensive prizes there at 13 - notably V. Vea and D. James. No way I give a way picks when I can land one of them.

I'm thinking QB

I'm thinking QB

The Skins just inked Alex Smith to a $94m deal..........$71m of that guaranteed.

They're not moving up to grab another one.

The Skins just inked Alex Smith to a $94m deal..........$71m of that guaranteed.

They're not moving up to grab another one.

Didn't know that. That was stupid. Nice job skins.