Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Barkley?

In a PPR league high would you go to get him? I have the 8th and 13th thru a trade. Is the 8th to early?

I'm thinking he would be gone

I've seen him go as late as 2.03. But if you want him you'll need to take him at 1.08.

Personally I'm not convinced he's the BPA at 1.08. I don't think he'll bust, but I do think your drafting at ceiling prices there.

In a dynasty rookie draft he's the unquestioned 1.01. In redraft with 1.08 and 2.01 I'm likely going WR/RB or WR/WR

If you ended up looking at Kamara and Barkley, who do you take?

I grab Kamala all day. Proven commodity.

• Like 1

I'd take him in front of AK. I don't think after a single season you can call him a proven commodity. There is a chance that his efficiency doesn't hold up. I think Barkley has more volume. A 350 touch type back.

I'd take him in front of AK. I don't think after a single season you can call him a proven commodity. There is a chance that his efficiency doesn't hold up. I think Barkley has more volume. A 350 touch type back.

Yeah, I totally get it.....but did you watch Kamara play last year? No fluke..the kid is spectacular. Averaging only 12 touches a game, that is bound to increase in his 2nd year.

Barkley could be gold, but I have just seen too many hyped 1st round RB's bust their first season. Could be that I just trust the Giants less than I trust him.

Kamara for me (although I would't be disappointed to own Barkley).

Every day we wait for the draft hes going higher. I want to draft him even more as a Giants fan, wish I was drafting today

Average draft position here at FFToday is 1.07.

where did u get that.. i'm apparently missing the mock draft stats

Like everyone else said. If he's the guy you really, really want. If he's still there at 8, get him. He certainly won't be there at 13.

The only way he kinda slides, is with a very bad preseason. Even then, 13 is way to risky.

Don't take chances with what your heart desires.

I think he will be good.

but he is still playing on a bad team.

that wont turn around overnight.

and when bad teams fall behind they stop running the ball.

if you need to guarantee yourself that you will get him, 1.07 or 1.08 is where you need to draft him.

but hes probably gonna be a high end RB2 this year.

In Dynasty or keeper leagues he is gold. Bright future for this kid.

I smell Joe Mixon from last year. This year Eli Manning is undraftable according to the experts and most people. I can land him at the end of a draft and believe with a healthy Beckham and Shepard he can be top 7. Ray says he is on a bad team which is why Eli will be forced to pass and means no trash yards for Barkley. Sleeper is what 1 determines it to be, I personally love the guys everyone forgets about, Eli to me is a sure sleeper in 2018 in my opinion if you choose to go QB late.

• Like 1

I won't disagree with your conclusion but I will point out that you are calling the player with 1 year of NFL experience not the 'proven commodity' and instead advising to draft a rookie because of that.

• Like 2

I personally love the guys everyone forgets about, Eli to me is a sure sleeper in 2018 in my opinion if you choose to go QB late.

Granted, I can see where one could draw this conclusion. However, several years ago I finally broke myself of the temptation to ever draft Eli again, and I will stick with it. Additionally, if you watched him last year, you saw a QB who appeared to simply not be able to make the throws anymore.......kinda like some dude named Peyton late in his career.

Granted, I can see where one could draw this conclusion. However, several years ago I finally broke myself of the temptation to ever draft Eli again, and I will stick with it. Additionally, if you watched him last year, you saw a QB who appeared to simply not be able to make the throws anymore.......kinda like some dude named Peyton late in his career.

I respect your aspect also, maybe a few homers have some feedback. But in fairness you broke yourself of ever drafting him again because he did pan out in some years. Put this together with better receivers and a running game and it depends on his arm.

I won't disagree with your conclusion but I will point out that you are calling the player with 1 year of NFL experience not the 'proven commodity' and instead advising to draft a rookie because of that.

I can see how you would read it that way, and that may have truly been his intent, but I read it differently. I read that neither player is proven, so take the guy you think has the higher upside. Higher upside being 'in your personal opinion', not the general consensus. But again, I could be wrong.

Don't think I could pass on Kamara for Barkley. I don't expect the huge games from Kamara as much as last year because teams I think will concentrate and focus on shutting down Kamara and making i their #1 priority. But based off what I saw last year, there's no way I can pass up on the playmaking ability.

Not for some rookie. Barkley ADP is at 1.6....too high for me.

His Oline isn't the best, but Will Hernandez is a beast. He's got a non-athletic, old and again QB. Can't wait to see some preseason from this guy though.

Don't think I could pass on Kamara for Barkley. I don't expect the huge games from Kamara as much as last year because teams I think will concentrate and focus on shutting down Kamara and making i their #1 priority. But based off what I saw last year, there's no way I can pass up on the playmaking ability.

Not for some rookie. Barkley ADP is at 1.6....too high for me.

His Oline isn't the best, but Will Hernandez is a beast. He's got a non-athletic, old and again QB. Can't wait to see some preseason from this guy though.

I'm not concerned about their offensive line short comings as Barkley makes people miss.

I'm not concerned about their offensive line short comings as Barkley makes people miss.

That's true. Soon after my post, I saw a video that showed poor O-line play last year from Penn St. and Barkley still did great.

That's true. Soon after my post, I saw a video that showed poor O-line play last year from Penn St. and Barkley still did great.

According to Football Outsiders website, Penn State's offensive line ranked in the mid-60's last year and mid-80's the year before. Playing in the Big-10, again - according to Football Outsiders website - Penn State played 7 in-conference games against defensive lines ranked in the top 30 where 4 were ranked inside the top 15. In the NFL, that kind of disparity doesn't exist.

I'm honestly considering him at #3 in .5 PPR.

Assuming Gurley and Bell go 1 and 2, and Kamara is being kept. David Johnson's team could be one of the worst in the league this year and Zeke has never been a huge threat catching the ball out of the backfield, plus I would imagine teams are going to be loading up on the run and making Dak beat them.

Am I overthinking?

The cards wont be that bad. David Johnson is the best rb in the league. His team is good enough to make him a pretty safe pick. 1.03 is insane for an unproven when the top 6 or so RBS are fairly safe this year

In a single QB redraft, it may be too late. I've seen him go as high as 6th.

I took him 5th overall in an early redraft league that is a higher than most entry fee. Do I think he's the 5th best player? Nope. Do I realize the serious shortage of full time running backs and what they mean to your team? Yep. In a high fee league, Alvin Kamara went #2 overall. Gurley went #1, Bell #3 and Johnson #4.

Also - Zeke went at the 1.07. DeAndre Hopkins went ahead of him. I'm not sure why the other guys passed on him. I took Barkley over him because I believe the other weapons in New York are greater than those in Dallas. Even without much of an offensive line, you can't stack the box with Shepard, Engram and OBJ. You also can't simply use man coverage on OBJ and teams will learn not to use a linebacker on Engram. So.... No doubt Zeke has the best line to run behind in the game, but what weapons will Dak have to keep them from stacking the box? 6 in one, half dozen in the other.

I always respect a guy taking who he thinks he needs to win, oldtimer. Pretty bold....Hope it works out. Personally, I would go Zeke ahead of him all day, as I believe that he will have a monster year, and catch more passes too. Zeke (and his o-line) is definitely a "proven commodity". I also expect Hurns to be much better than people are given him credit for. Good luck!

Also - Zeke went at the 1.07. DeAndre Hopkins went ahead of him. I'm not sure why the other guys passed on him. I took Barkley over him because I believe the other weapons in New York are greater than those in Dallas. Even without much of an offensive line, you can't stack the box with Shepard, Engram and OBJ. You also can't simply use man coverage on OBJ and teams will learn not to use a linebacker on Engram. So.... No doubt Zeke has the best line to run behind in the game, but what weapons will Dak have to keep them from stacking the box? 6 in one, half dozen in the other.

I can see why some avoid zeke.

His life is a train wreck.

I wouldnt personally pass on him, but I can see why some do.

its the concern about when the next suspension is coming. I also see this getting worse and not better with time.

while I think he will be good this year, I do think its only a matter of time til he lands in hot water again.

Oh, why don't you all just take Barkley at #1? Nothing better than a ny giants running back.

I think he will be good.

but he is still playing on a bad team.

that wont turn around overnight.

and when bad teams fall behind they stop running the ball.

if you need to guarantee yourself that you will get him, 1.07 or 1.08 is where you need to draft him.

but hes probably gonna be a high end RB2 this year.

In Dynasty or keeper leagues he is gold. Bright future for this kid.

I don't think the Giants will be that bad. The wheels fell off last year but could see a bounce back to something respectable.

I always respect a guy taking who he thinks he needs to win, oldtimer. Pretty bold....Hope it works out. Personally, I would go Zeke ahead of him all day, as I believe that he will have a monster year, and catch more passes too. Zeke (and his o-line) is definitely a "proven commodity". I also expect Hurns to be much better than people are given him credit for. Good luck!

Isn't every pick someone makes the player they think he needs to win (or help him win)?

The Giants had the biggest upgrade of any team at head coach imo. They replaced possibly the most inept coach in recent memory, with a guy who made keenum look like a top QB at times. I think he'll be able to overcome some of their deficiencies.

Isn't every pick someone makes the player they think he needs to win (or help him win)?

Not if it is a girl drafting.....

The Giants had the biggest upgrade of any team at head coach imo. They replaced possibly the most inept coach in recent memory, with a guy who made keenum look like a top QB at times. I think he'll be able to overcome some of their deficiencies.

I think the Bears win in upgrades of coaching. I have a hard time believing in the giants at all. The oline is done. Manning is done and was never really good in the first place. Beckham is a loon. The defense is not good. And everyone thinks a rookie RB is going to vault them into the promise land. I will let someone else spend the big bucks on Barkley.

Much more concerned about the Giants Defense and the other Eli, Mr Apple than the offense. They have arguably the best weapons they have ever had on offense, and overpaid just to make the O-line respectable. As for the OP after the top 4 RBs and AB, Barkley is right there with anyone else Kamara, Hunt, Hopkins, et.al. especially in ppr

All them weapons at receiver and everyone expects 25 carries all of a sudden out of a GIANTS running back.