Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Would you feel comforotable with these two starting RBs

DeMarco Murray

Jamal Charles

I know the potential is through the roof but it scares me.

no

and before you ask, no i don't care to elaborate

no

No elaboration needed

no

What he said

& there's no reason to elaborate, but fantasy owners this year are gonna have to play this form of russian roulette when drafting running backs outside of the top 5

No, but mainly because you probably still had to use a low 1st rounder for Charles and a 2nd rounder for Murray.

no--i'm a risk manager in rounds 1-4. IMO, either of those guys need a solid performer to match up with.

DeMarco Murray

Jamal Charles

these are keepers or drafted?

what rounds?

Honestly, after the top 4 or 5 RB's, I don't feel that comfortable with any of them. As far as upside goes, Jamaal Charles has always been one of my favorites. Elite skills, looks like he could return for beginning of training camp. Murray is another guy with a high ceiling based on what he showed he's capable of last season. Another guy coming off an injury, but he's been cleared to play, and has all of OTA's and training camp to get ready for the season. High risk, high reward.

I would not draft either of them in the first two rounds of a redraft league at this point, but think they both are pretty solid 3rd round picks where I believe their upside outweighs the risk. Depending what I see from them in training camp/preseason, I think one or both of them have the chance to creep in to the 2nd round of drafts.

DeMarco Murray

Jamal Charles

I'd be extremely happy if those were my RBs, but probably not for where they were drafted. People talk about risk management all the time, to me its a bunch of BS, if you can predict injuries and down years, rats off to you. For every one I predict there are two, three, four I do not... These are two guys with top five upside easy. They have all the talent in the world and the surrounding pieces to be incredibly productive and also have a history of being incredibly productive when given the opportunity.

:cheers:

these are keepers or drafted?

what rounds?

Keepers. Took a flier on Murray last year and got Charles in a trade a couple of years ago. They are my only two legit RBs going into the year.

Keepers. Took a flier on Murray last year and got Charles in a trade a couple of years ago. They are my only two legit RBs going into the year.

So do you lose the draft pick for the round they were drafted in?

People talk about risk management all the time, to me its a bunch of BS, if you can predict injuries and down years, rats off to you.

two RBs coming off of major injuries, one of whom is a very young player with an established history of injury problems, count as an above-average risk in any thoughtful drafter's ledger.

if you can't anticipate that compensatory and second-order injuries may play a role, then your opinion doesn't mean much.

Honestly, after the top 4 or 5 RB's, I don't feel that comfortable with any of them. As far as upside goes, Jamaal Charles has always been one of my favorites. Elite skills, looks like he could return for beginning of training camp. Murray is another guy with a high ceiling based on what he showed he's capable of last season. Another guy coming off an injury, but he's been cleared to play, and has all of OTA's and training camp to get ready for the season. High risk, high reward.

I would not draft either of them in the first two rounds of a redraft league at this point, but think they both are pretty solid 3rd round picks where I believe their upside outweighs the risk. Depending what I see from them in training camp/preseason, I think one or both of them have the chance to creep in to the 2nd round of drafts.

I'd be pretty shocked if either Murray or Charles was still available in the third. :dunno:

I'd be pretty shocked if either Murray or Charles was still available in the third. :dunno:

Murray 2.03 and Charles 2.08 over at FFC

Murray 2.03 and Charles 2.08 over at FFC

I could see them both being mid to late 2nd rounders based on upside. 2.03 for Murray seems waay too high though. Is this PPR or non-PPR?

My statement was if I was drafting today, I wouldn't take either of them in the first 2 rounds. Which means I wouldn't get either of them I guess. But training camp/preseason could change my outlook on either or both of them. It's still early in the process...

So do you lose the draft pick for the round they were drafted in?

No there is no limit on how many you can drop. It doesn't matter where they were drafted just how many you keep. If you keep 7 you start drafting in the 8th for example. I'm keeping 4 or possibly 5 as where the other 7 teams will probably keep 7-10. I should get a decent pick of rookies. I can't wait for the possibility of pairing them two with Trent Richardson.

No there is no limit on how many you can drop. It doesn't matter where they were drafted just how many you keep. If you keep 7 you start drafting in the 8th for example. I'm keeping 4 or possibly 5 as where the other 7 teams will probably keep 7-10. I should get a decent pick of rookies. I can't wait for the possibility of pairing them two with Trent Richardson.

What are your other keepers?

Only if they are starting behind Ray Rice, Arian Foster or Shady McCoy, or if I've already drafted Aaron Rodgers and Calvin Johnson ...

Murray helped save my fantasy season last year, but can he last an entire year and will Jason Garrett somehow learn how to not lose 2-3 games a year he should win? I don't think so.

I like Charles in non-PPR, not so much in a PPR league. At least he has a guy backing him up who could become 'the man' if he doesn't play well or gets hurt again.

My other keepers are going to be Stafford and Aaron Hernandez. I'm on the fence about keeping Colston, only because I'm afraid it could cost me the first pick to keep him, though it may not. It is a PPR league with bonuses for long TD plays.

Considering it's a keeper league with no restrictions on how many players are kept, you could do much worse than a starting duo of Charles & Murray. The main thing is making sure you keep less players than your league mates so you ensure your chances of drafting Trent Richardson. Adding him to the mix will give you a respectable stable at the running back position.

no--i'm a risk manager in rounds 1-4. IMO, either of those guys need a solid performer to match up with.

:thumbsup:

I like Charles in non-PPR, not so much in a PPR league. At least he has a guy backing him up who could become 'the man' if he doesn't play well or gets hurt again.

What is wrong with Charles in PPR leagues? He caught 40 or more balls in both 2009 and 2010.

Yeah, Charles is easily a Top-10 running back in PPR leagues considering his role in the passing game. Dexter McCluster filled in admirably for Charles after he went down last year so he may lose a few touches to him this season. Charles homerun threat makes him a very intriguing pick this year but his knee injury last season makes him a person to watch in training camp.

Yeah, Charles is easily a Top-10 running back in PPR leagues considering his role in the passing game. Dexter McCluster filled in admirably for Charles after he went down last year so he may lose a few touches to him this season. Charles homerun threat makes him a very intriguing pick this year but his knee injury last season makes him a person to watch in training camp.

McCluster only averaged 36 yards per game last year, and his 3 highest totals were 72,61, and 61. He did score points in the passing game, but he is no threat to take any of Charles' touches. Hillis is a threat, though, no doubt. Word out of the Chiefs' camp is McCluster is being treated as a WR this year...

I feel more confident in Murray then Charles, but they could work out for you. A ton of risk but a good amount of upside as well.

Stafford and Hernandez would make good keepers as well. Let Colston go.

I feel more confident in Murray then Charles, but they could work out for you. A ton of risk but a good amount of upside as well.

Stafford and Hernandez would make good keepers as well. Let Colston go.

Agreed, releasing Colston & his bionic knees should ensure you the 1st overall pick in your draft since only 4 keepers in this format is pretty minuscule.

i would try to keep as few players as possible in this format. if you think everyone is keeping 7-10, it would ensure you get Richardson at good value and any of your own players you are on the fence about, you would have the opportunity to reacquire them anyway

Hillis is a threat, though, no doubt.

This :thumbsup:

Hillis was brought in to keep Charles fresh and healthy, providing a thunder and lightning attack. Honestly, a 50/50 split would not shock me.

Not comfortable, no.

Charles is coming off an acl tear and now has Hillis coming in and stealing goal-line work at the very least. You just don't know if he'll be as explosive or how much Hillis will cut into his touches.

Murray could be a beast and is a much less risk. His ankle injury last year was a fluke, and it's his backup Felix Jones who has the injury bug in Dallas. Murray is the starter and he'll get 20 or so touches a game, easy. If Dallas is smart, anyways.

I would love Murray as my RB2, but if Jamaal is your RB1, you may be aiming a bit too high with expectations. I'd prefer to get Trent Richardson at the end of the first if possible. Maybe even Adrian Peterson, as Toby Gerhart is no Peyton Hillis, so you know All Day will at least get the ball a ton no matter what when he's fully back.

And I'd rather take a shot in the dark with Darren McFadden than Charles, too. He's healthy and Bush is gone, so he's got way more potential and both are risks.