Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Amari Cooper is overrated.

Dude is just too talented to perform like this forever. You really can't forget how to catch a football...can you?

He's got the dropsies. That's why Carr goes to Crabtree in the red zone and on 3rd down. Because Crabtree doesn't have the dropsies.

I got him in the 2nd round of a start up dynasty league draft this year.

I was pretty stoked about it. Now...not so much.

He had 150 catches for 2200++ yards his first 2 years??? I can't imagine he would just bust. I saw some sick preseason catches even. I do remember him being very streaky so I could easily see him start a good streak.

I say buy low. I sold in one league and kept him in another.

His last 16 regular season games that he's played in.

69 rec 811 yards 11 yards per and 5 tds.

In his last 16 reg games played, he's had 7 or more rec twice, and 100 or more yards twice.

In most ppr leagues that would be 180 points scored and based on last season he would have been 37 in ppr ff points.

And he was what a second or third round pick.

Bust.

His last 16 regular season games that he's played in.

69 rec 811 yards 11 yards per and 5 tds.

In his last 16 reg games played, he's had 7 or more rec twice, and 100 or more yards twice.

In most ppr leagues that would be 180 points scored and based on last season he would have been 37 in ppr ff points.

And he was what a second or third round pick.

Bust.

AC's reception percentage is currently 39%.

Crabtree's is 79%. Seth Roberts is at 69%. Patterson is at 82%.

Cooper is the outlier on that team.

Nobody is starting him now unless forced to do so because of byes. He will have a great game at some point and everyone will plug him back into their line-ups hoping that was his breakthrough game. All will be disappointed as he slowly makes his way back to the bench.

I had him last year and this is exactly why he was on my DND list this year. He is the 2nd best receiver on a team that is really struggling right now. Owners would save themselves headaches by just dropping him for another receiver who puts up consistently ok numbers. IMO, a guy like Amendola minus injuries is a better PPR option.

Is today the day he gets out of his slump?

I hope so, I'm starting him. If he gets one catch for 8 yards I'm dropping him

calling it now, with Carr back in the lineup the Raiders make an effort to get Cooper right again. 5/65/1TD.

• Like 1

Wow surprised there was no discussion on Coop's breakout tonight...

Is he back or not?

He can't catch.

Wow surprised there was no discussion on Coop's breakout tonight...

Is he back or not?

Not

He'll have more stinkers than big games.

Haters gonna come in here and hate. The Crabtree boys and whoever else.

Don't care what you say today, last night was sweet, deal with it :thumbsup:

One really good game out of how many stinkers.

Sale high this is the time.

Going against terrible cheifs d, and a concerted effort to get him the ball, won't always be the case, but last night was an incredible turn around. Sold one week too soon, but still got a good player for him.

Going against terrible cheifs d, and a concerted effort to get him the ball, won't always be the case, but last night was an incredible turn around. Sold one week too soon, but still got a good player for him.

Effort to get him the ball worked real well for a slumping team. Maybe it's a good recipe they'll stick with.

The Jets he turned on to outrun the defense and score his second TD...... impressive

One really good game out of how many stinkers.

Sale high this is the time.

No one in my league suddenly going to give their studs for Cooper. He's a hold

A guy in our league sat him out. I am sure he is not alone in that decision.

I was surprised to see that, even before the game had started, KC had been the 3rd most generous defense to WRs. But I wonder whether they had an injury to one of their DBs, or had a change in coverage philosophy, or what in the world happened to create the conditions where OAK/Carr decided to send 19 targets Cooper's way. The most he's ever had in a game before was 13, with a handful of 12's and 11's sprinkled in.

calling it now, with Carr back in the lineup the Raiders make an effort to get Cooper right again. 5/65/1TD.

Man, I was WAY low on this! Last week I picked up McFadden when Zeke TRO was overturned, then traded McFadden for Amari Cooper, didn't start him but glad I pulled that off. Also picked up Carr the week before and did start him last night.

So, the Raiders are a MUCH better team when they are throwing downfield, and Crabtree isn't the guy to do that to, he's more of a possession/redzone guy. Cooper has to be more involved in the deep passing game if they are going to be successful and last night showed it. That ending was absolutely wild, one of the most entertaining endings I've seen in a while.

Looked like peters was covering crabtree all night, not surprised they forced targets on cooper. Will other teams use their top corner on Crabtree or will they go back to Cooper since he had this big game? As a Crabtree owner I hope for the latter.

Looked like peters was covering crabtree all night, not surprised they forced targets on cooper. Will other teams use their top corner on Crabtree or will they go back to Cooper since he had this big game? As a Crabtree owner I hope for the latter.

Later in the game KC actually left Peters on Crabs but starting doubling Cooper. Cook started finding seams then. There's too much talent on offense for them to be as bad as they have been. Cooper is like one of only 3 guys in NFL history with two 1000 yrd receiving seasons before his 23rd birthday. He's still ONLY 23 yrs old. With Carr healthy and them seeing how successful they were last night getting him more involved, I anticipate better days ahead (not better than last night, but better than 5 previous weeks).

Lol Crabtree still 5th highest scoring WR in my league... and we all said this monster week was coming. Enjoy the headache ROS :)

Lol Crabtree still 5th highest scoring WR in my league... and we all said this monster week was coming. Enjoy the headache ROS :)

Zing! You're talking about the past. Only thing that matters is this week and beyond, friend.

My league gives out bonuses for TD's over 40 and we have a large payout for the overall weekly score. Exactly why Cooper is a fit for me.

Don't know if you watched last night but your boy Crabs dropped a TD he should have had.

ETA: with all the above said, I'll probably never draft him again

Zing! You're talking about the past. Only thing that matters is this week and beyond, friend.

My league gives out bonuses for TD's over 40 and we have a large payout for the overall weekly score. Exactly why Cooper is a fit for me.

Don't know if you watched last night but your boy Crabs dropped a TD he should have had.

Can definitely expect 19 targets each week going forward.

I would much rather have a weekly consistent 13-22 point player than a guy who gets 7 points 5 weeks in a row, then breaks out for 50. The latter is not a recipe for winning your league.

A guy in our league sat him out. I am sure he is not alone in that decision.

I didn't even think about starting him, and I don't regret it. That's one of those "Oh, well" decisions. I'll probably still leave him on my bench next week and see what happens.

I didn't even think about starting him, and I don't regret it. That's one of those "Oh, well" decisions. I'll probably still leave him on my bench next week and see what happens.

Theoretically, it was a smart decision not to start him. But what can you say after what he did except "nice". Or "crap" if you didn't start him?

In my league he had a the following points scored per week.

Week 1: 17.2

Week 2: 7.3

Week 3: 1,6

Week 4: 2.9

Week 5: 1.8

Week 6: 7.8

I don't see him trading roles with Crabtree. Crabtree even scored while Cooper was having his day in the spotlight.

I would much rather have a weekly consistent 13-22 point player than a guy who gets 7 points 5 weeks in a row, then breaks out for 50. The latter is not a recipe for winning your league.

I'm with you. I like PPR target monsters. Give me the WR who's going to get 10 targets a game.

Welcome back Mr Cooper. And he left some on the field.

yes he certainly left some on the field.... with all those down field targets that went right through his mitts.... his numbers should have been truly record breaking, but no.... he still has the dropsees.... and until that stops; unless you believe he'll get 19 targets on a regular basis..... sell high while you still can....

No one in my league suddenly going to give their studs for Cooper. He's a hold

Smart move

Five absolute stinkers in a row and then one explosion.

Im not liking that ratio.

I tried to trade for him but the owner wouldn't bite... although he left him on the bench this week during our matchup... haha