Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Friday Night Beer Review

Tuesday night. Evolution #3 IPA. I do not know why MD/Del breweries seem to crank out such quality IPAs. It must be the water. Dogfish Head, Flying Dog, Heavy Seas, Evolution. Evolution #3 is just about perfect. 4 out of 5.

Last night I had a Blue Moon Chimp on draft. An Imperial (marketing for Double) Cherry Wheat Ale. I thought it was very good. They also had an Imperial stout on tap but can't remember which one. I had them mix the two in a flight glass. It was pretty good but needed more Chimp and less stout.

Need a good IPA.... Last couple i have really enjoyed were the Lagunitas IPA, and Goose Island IPA...

Need a good IPA.... Last couple i have really enjoyed were the Lagunitas IPA, and Goose Island IPA...

have you tried Firestone Walker? They have a Union Jack and Double Jack IPAs that are tremendous.

Anything from Stone is usually great. Their Enjoy By series is awesome and their RuinTen Double IPA is the best beer I have had in a long time.

I had to stop at the Grocery Store for the family last night on the way home from work, somehow I ended up meandering through the beer aisle. :)

Anyway, the Grocery Store doesn't have an abundant selection of beer but I noticed New Belgium (who makes Fat Tire) had out a fall seasonal already. New Belgium Tour De Fall Pale Ale

6.0 APV

Deep amber colored and bright with billowy foam.Hops dominate with pine, floral, tangerine, lemon rind and tropical fruit notes, honey bread malt character balances out the hop aroma bouquet. Bitter upfront, becomes balanced with malty sweetness, finishes with some light bitterness and fruity sweetness

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=84b6fd56-350d-4c92-86fd-85eee4301211

I'll let you know this weekend how it is, always love the seasonal brews. :thumbsup:

have you tried Firestone Walker? They have a Union Jack and Double Jack IPAs that are tremendous.

I've never tried this. Will be looking for it. :thumbsup:

so I just picked up these two:

Rivertown Ojos Negros

Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher

2013 vintage for Ojos Negros. Brewed by a great brewery down in Cincinnati called Rivertown. Thought this one passed me by as I had given up looking for it... 91 rating on Beer Advocate. An American Wild Ale that comes in at 6.5% ABV. Aged in oak wine barrels with blackberries added.
The Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher is a Double (Imperial) Stout. 11% ABV. 93 rating on BA. Both will age in my "beer cellar" for a bit.

went to the Bodega Bay Seafood and wine festival yesterday. They have a wine and bier tent: lagunitas, 21st amendment, anchor steam, north coast, bear republic, dogfish head, firestone walker, black diamond, hanger 24, lost coast, rogue, sierra nevada, speakeasy, mad river.

everyone had 1 or 2 IPAs. i am a big fan of german and belgian bier and spent some quality time with brother thelonius.

• Like 1

can ya send me some firestone walker?

loaf,

i am sure we can work something out bud.

• Like 1

Merry Football!

Sixpoint Resin. Double IPA. Brooklyn, NY

Citrus hint but with little aftertaste for such a strong hoppy beer.

9.1 ABV

103 IBU

Oh boy.

Recently bought a case of Founders All Day IPA. I mainly got it because I planned to be painting at the new house all afternoon and hoped to find something with flavor, but lower alcohol content so I could drink it all afternoon.

I'm usually not a huge fan of the Session IPA's and like the bolder flavors, but for a 4.7% ABV, this beer has a lot of hop flavor.

Hawai'i Nui Brewing

HAPA Brown Ale

4/5 Very smooth malty taste with very little hops.

:clap:

Many moons ago my dad and his brother were hanging out at a Mardi Gras parade. Waiting for the parade to start. I was ten .It was when the miller Light commercials first came out. "Less filling/Taste great" those two drunks got on each side of the street and started yelling out ....Dad:tastes great. Uncle: Less filling. The crowd of about two thousand on each side joined in the fun. The fat chicks switched sides to the less filling and the old Fawkers hit the taste great side.

I have drank many a beer in my life.

I am now ready to say STOP IT!

There are only so many iterations of beer in this world.

Stop with the nutmeg, the mint, the ginsing, the clove, the chocolate, the pumpkin, the tumeric, stop with the God What The FocK EVER!

Colorado (Trivia Alert) produces more beer than any other state. And, 92.4% is skunk water. "But UNIQUE because Xyyyyyzzzzz."

The only people worse than the producers are the dooshbags (found throughout this thread) who ask for - EVERY BEER ON THE TAPS - then end up ordering PBR.

Find a beer you like, then drink it. And, don't worry about what anyone else drinks. Because, once you leave Jr. High - Trying to prove how "cool" you are by arguing how "cool" you beer is - is just focking stupid. Grow up already.

Yes, I know its a weekday, but dammit I took a half day and played golf. New Belgium has a winter seasonal out. Accumulation. It's a "white" IPA which may seem like an oxymoron but it's my favorite beer this year. Has the hoppy smell and flavor of an IPA but is somehow "lighter" at the same time and doesn't leave as bad of a headache the next day as others. It's a keeper. I rate it 4 edjrs out of 4.

I can't believe the timing... I just sat down with a beer I have never had and this is the top thread.

Thing is, I didn't pick this beer and I am afraid you guys will make fun of me. It's called...

It's called Buffalo Butt. :unsure:

The motto for this beer is "Everything it's cracked up to be". :unsure:

There is a picture of a buffalo's butt on the label. :shocking:

It is made by Rahr & Sons, here in Fort Worth.

It is a strong, dark beer. I will probably move on to a product that does not have the crack of a hairy beast for a name or a label.

I've been drinking Veltins a lot lately - German Pilsner that is suddenly everywhere in my area. It's been around a long time over in Germany though.

Kinda tastes like Stella but with more of a bitter finish. I like it. Then again I am a fan of pilseners generally. Folks that like dark/heavy beer probably wouldn't enjoy it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veltins

I've been drinking Veltins a lot lately - German Pilsner that is suddenly everywhere in my area. It's been around a long time over in Germany though.

Kinda tastes like Stella but with more of a bitter finish. I like it. Then again I am a fan of pilseners generally. Folks that like dark/heavy beer probably wouldn't enjoy it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veltins

If i'm drinking a lighter beer Pilsners, especially German pilsners are a go to. I'll have to bookmark this one.

Uhh...I had a bunch of Keystone Lights after work at work and now that I'm home I opened my first Coors Light :bench:

Uhh...I had a bunch of Keystone Lights after work at work and now that I'm home I opened my first Coors Light :bench:

Phag. That is a ton of piss beer.

T-41 minutes until I'm out. I live about 10 minutes from the Southern Tier Brewing Company (Western NY) whose beers are getting pretty popular in this part of the country.

Can't wait til that first STBC Live on draught. 5.5 ABV. A pale ale with a nice hoppy flavor to start and a clean finish. Got a little bit of a sweet taste to it also. I'm not sure how available it is around the country but everyone I've suggested it to seems to love it. :thumbsup:

Went out with some friends last night to see American Sniper; Before the movie I tried the Samuel Adams Cold Snap -- a seasonal witbier. Meh. Maybe it is the style more than the specific beer, because I usually enjoy them when served with an orange, and this one wasn't.

After the movie we went to BJ's Brewery and I tried a Belgian cask seasonal; also meh. My friend got a whiskey stout seasonal which I tasted and was very good.

Went out with some friends last night to see American Sniper; Before the movie I tried the Samuel Adams Cold Snap -- a seasonal witbier. Meh. Maybe it is the style more than the specific beer, because I usually enjoy them when served with an orange, and this one wasn't.

I've had the cold snap before. Enjoyed it for the most part.

How was the movie? Going to see it today

Bought a six pack of Bell's Hopslam a week or so ago for my son. He was at work and only certain places were carrying the stuff. The store by my house was limiting purchases to a six pack per customer. $20 for a six pack is crazy IMO. 10% alcohol content helps, though.

My son said it was as hoppy as advertised and he felt buzzed midway thru his second beer. He's not a big partier and only goes about 5'7" and 125 lbs.

This. WW must live in middle America. IPA's have been popular in California for over a decade.

I know it's Thursday, but San Diego, California Brewery Ballast Point may be my favorite Brewey. The Big Eye Kolsch is a staple in my fridge. And right now, as we speak, I'm indulging on a Sculpin IPA. My favorite beer.

I love me some Ballast Point Brewing Company.

Cheers!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but just about everything from North Coast Brewing is great. They have beers that range from light (Scrimshaw) to Belgian (PranQster), and dark/stout. Their Amber, Red Seal Ale is awesome too. Anytime you're in the Mendocino area, check them out: http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/home.php

PranQster is among my top two favorite Belgians, it's around 7.6 %. My favorite though is Delirium Tremens, another Belgian, 8.5%. It's pricey, a 4 pack at Total Wine is around $22. So, I don't get it often.

I like beers that are really hoppy, hubby hates them. It's interesting when we order tasters sets, they always assume that the darker tasters are his...but he always tends to go with lighter beers.

This beer sucks. Not a fan. :(

Sierra Nevada isn't one of my favorite brands to begin with. How is their Torpedo, have you tried that one?