Sign in to follow this  
OldMaid

Is This Mean?

Did you ever think your wacko home cooked meals are killing it ?

Its a cat, they eat cat food.

HTH

I'm not even going to try to explain the intricacies of feline IBD to you. And if you knew what ended up in most pet food you'd be :shocking:

One of our cats has IBD that has now morphed into small cell lymphoma. She gets various medications/herbal remedies throughout the day, and weekly B12 injections. She probably has only a couple of years left.

Get rid of the cat, problem solved.

I'm not even going to try to explain the intricacies of feline IBD to you. And if you knew what ended up in most pet food you'd be :shocking:

It Be Dead

Says the guy who would rather spend his entire day in an endless circle jerk with RP. I think I'll take what you say with a GIANT grain of salt.

No offense...

I am willing to leave my circle jerk to travel with my family for the holidays.

Although fortunately I don't have to. God bless the internet :wub:

drobs cleans sh!tters for a living. I doubt he's surprised by much

Every year my BF and his sister go back to Pittsburgh for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Usually, they try to alternate holidays every year; Thanksgiving one year and Christmas the next. (I stay home, because we have a sick pet that has a complicated medication routine.)

Somehow they ended up doing Christmas the last two years in a row... so my BF had mentioned that he wanted to go for Thanksgiving this year; because not only does he end up missing X-Mas with me, but my birthday, as well.

Of course, she wanted to go for Chistmas, and booked the tickets without asking... so, he's going to be gone AGAIN for X-Mas and my birthday. And I suspect she did it on purpose... but that's a whole 'nother story.

So, I called the airline and upgraded his ticket to first class and left her in coach.

Mean? Maybe... but I feel better.

happy birthday.

Most men would certainly give their seat in first class to their sister. Just picture her gloating across the friendly sky and them sharing the secret that you have been had.

:wave:

It has your facial hair. :wub:

Also, can size of 1/2 sister? Presuming she is 18...

Let's see a pic too. I'd like to know if your BF has good taste in fock buddies

Id like to have a dog...sure...might someday when the kids are a little older and can help take care of it.

But the point where the dog needs medication that often and dictates that much of my life...its either euthanized or I find someone willing to do such things that wants a dog.

Sorry, I'm with OM on this one. I you are willing to euthanize a pet simply because its care is inconvenient (but not suffering), you shouldn't have a pet. But she is being ridiculous in her unwillingness to relinquish cat care duties.

1) I suppose I could find someone, but it wouldn't be easy. Not only does she get several medications, but I also homecook all her meals, as well as making her a few herbal concoctions. Then she also gets a B12 shot every week. It's not something that I'd trust just anyone to do. And yes, I could board her, but I've never really liked that idea, either. I wouldn't want to live in a cage for 2 weeks, so... I'm not going to subject her to that.

2) They do go home seperately at other times of the year, but it's nice for their mother to get to see them both at the same time, at least once a year.

Homecooked meals for a pet is a bit much. And I doubt the weekly B12 shots are necessary, and some of the herbals as well. But I'm sure you could find a pet-savvy housesitter, maybe someone who works at a vet/animal hospital?

Homecooked meals for a pet is a bit much. And I doubt the weekly B12 shots are necessary, and some of the herbals as well. But I'm sure you could find a pet-savvy housesitter, maybe someone who works at a vet/animal hospital?

We've gone homecooked because she seems not to be able to tolerate canned food anymore. The Dr. thinks it may be the preservatives. And the chronic inflammation has caused her intestines to thicken to the point where she does not absorb vitamin b12 from her food. It also improves her appetite- which is why it's given weekly at this point. The herbs are a slippery elm bark syrup, which aides in soothing her digestive tract, and also helps combat diarreah. Then she has a probitic to help aid the good bacteria in her gut. Then there's the prednisolone twice a day and luekeran every other day.

The point here isn't that the cat is keeping me home. And it's not like it's a trip to St. Bart's, or anything. It's that his sister had no regard for what he had said about wanting to be home with me this Christmas.

We've gone homecooked because she seems not to be able to tolerate canned food anymore. The Dr. thinks it may be the preservatives. And the chronic inflammation has caused her intestines to thicken to the point where she does not absorb vitamin b12 from her food. It also improves her appetite- which is why it's given weekly at this point. The herbs are a slippery elm bark syrup, which aides in soothing her digestive tract, and also helps combat diarreah. Then she has a probitic to help aid the good bacteria in her gut. Then there's the prednisolone twice a day and luekeran every other day.

The point here isn't that the cat is keeping me home. And it's not like it's a trip to St. Bart's, or anything. It's that his sister had no regard for what he had said about wanting to be home with me this Christmas.

What does the boyfriend think about all of this?

What does the boyfriend think about all of this?

He's in 100% agreement about the cat.

He's in 100% agreement about the cat.

:lol: how about sis?

Dec. 20th All presents should be sent via PM's paypal. :cheers:

Also, I know you guys are just trying to rile me up. If it were your pet, you'd be sobbing like little girls. :wave:

I don't know about this group getting riled up about their pet, if they even have one----except Sux who has intimate relations with them... :D

Amen. I hope none of those people own pets. But you could find someone to care for your cat, or board it at the vet.

If it's a complicated routine and it's not done just once a day, I can see her not feeling comfortable leaving her cat. For those of us that don't have kids, our pets are our kids. My guinea pig is my kid in every way that matters. Given her cat could be gone any day now, may have up to 2 years to live, I certainly can see sticking around.

As for boarding your pet, even at the vet's, no one is there all the time. They only check in on your pets like 2 x a day- even the sick ones. With Mooshy I wound up paying an expensive price to have her boarded at her vets house because it was a complicated situation that I couldn't handle and she really needed to be watched closely. The vet would take her to work while she was there and was with her at home.

Now about the getting your bf upgraded on the plane, :lol: Hilarious! I don't know if I'd have the guts but only you know how your bf will react. Maybe he'd find it humorous too. We don't know him. But it is a good laugh, unless he gives his seat to his 1/2 sis then. :doh:

If I understand her career right, it sounds like she has a flexible job so she can go home to check on things. I don't think the cat has to be monitored 24/7 or it would make sense to have him hospitalized. It's a different feel when you are away but close by vs being out of the area and unable to check in--- much less states away.

If I understand her career right, it sounds like she has a flexible job so she can go home to check on things. I don't think the cat has to be monitored 24/7 or it would make sense to have him hospitalized. It's a different feel when you are away but close by vs being out of the area and unable to check in--- much less states away.

You are correct... and Jerry's just being a dunce.

I run my business out of my home, so aside from client meetings, I'm there. And she doesn't need 24/7 care.

She gets a pill in the morning, and I give her breakfast, then slippery elm syrup a couple of hours after that. Then more slippery elm before I give her dinner (with probitics added), and then another pill around 8:00. Luekeran is given every other moning. I cook a batch of food every 3 days and add the appropriate supplements, and I make the slippery elm bark syrup every 5 days. And b12 injections once a week.

You guys are awful. :(

Also, you're missing the point... HAVE ANY OF YOU PEOPLE BEEN TO PITTSBURGH?!#@! :lol:

Pittsburgh is nice.

B12 accumulates over time, such that weekly injections shouldn't be necessary for very long. The steroids could probably given once daily as well. And I'm sure your kitty appreciates the home cooking, but bet there are pre-prepared high end pet food alternatives. Making those changes would simplify your cat care considerably.

Though I know giving cats meds can be tough, I still contend you are choosing to be held hostage by your pet's care. If you enjoy it, great, but don't fool yourself into thinking no one else can provide the care.

If it's a complicated routine and it's not done just once a day, I can see her not feeling comfortable leaving her cat. For those of us that don't have kids, our pets are our kids. My guinea pig is my kid in every way that matters. Given her cat could be gone any day now, may have up to 2 years to live, I certainly can see sticking around.

As for boarding your pet, even at the vet's, no one is there all the time. They only check in on your pets like 2 x a day- even the sick ones. With Mooshy I wound up paying an expensive price to have her boarded at her vets house because it was a complicated situation that I couldn't handle and she really needed to be watched closely. The vet would take her to work while she was there and was with her at home.

Now about the getting your bf upgraded on the plane, :lol: Hilarious! I don't know if I'd have the guts but only you know how your bf will react. Maybe he'd find it humorous too. We don't know him. But it is a good laugh, unless he gives his seat to his 1/2 sis then. :doh:

She has the cash to afford an in-home cat sitter. And caring for sick animals isn't rocket science. You may be right that she wants to maximize time with the kitty though.

Sorry, I'm with OM on this one. I you are willing to euthanize a pet simply because its care is inconvenient (but not suffering), you shouldn't have a pet. But she is being ridiculous in her unwillingness to relinquish cat care duties.

I stated if it ever got that bad I would euthanize if I couldn't find someone willing to care for it that way.

If I want a pet, I realize its not a child and should not require as much attention in that way as a child needs.

Sorry...its a pet...and a cat at that. There are thousands of them out there for free if I want another.

Oh, and I hate cats and am allergic to them so...pretty much wouldn't have one anyway.

B12 accumulates over time, such that weekly injections shouldn't be necessary for very long. The steroids could probably given once daily as well. And I'm sure your kitty appreciates the home cooking, but bet there are pre-prepared high end pet food alternatives. Making those changes would simplify your cat care considerably.

Though I know giving cats meds can be tough, I still contend you are choosing to be held hostage by your pet's care. If you enjoy it, great, but don't fool yourself into thinking no one else can provide the care.

Ok... after reading this, I'm convinced you didn't even read what I wrote. So, I'll help you out and put the stuff you missed in ALL CAPS.

B12 is given weekly, not only because she has trouble absorbing it, BUT BECAUSE IT HELPS STIMULATE HER APPETITE.

As far as the food goes, no... there is no high end food, that doesn't contain PRESERVATIVES, that I am aware of. She also seems to do better on a low fat, all meat diet, which doesn't exist commercially (except for raw) which she will not eat, and the Dr. is hesitant because of bacteria concerns. (On a side note: You should read up on some of the practices on the pet food industry... even the high end ones... and then you'd be praising me for feeding homemade.)

Pred is given twice a day because he feels it is easier on her liver to give her 2 smaller doses, than 1 large one.

Sure, I could probably hire somone, but that's a whole other hassle. Finding someone who isn't flaky, who is available over the holidays, who you can trust to follow directions and that you feel comfortable enough to allow access to your home, etc. But I do not feel I am being held hostage by my pet's care. That was never the issue here. You guys made it about that.

• Like 2

Let me point the Geek Club's perspective in all caps for you: IT'S A CAT.

:wacko:

Like I want the Geek Club to be in agreement with me. :lol: That's pretty much the kiss of death.

:wave:

Ok... after reading this, I'm convinced you didn't even read what I wrote. So, I'll help you out and put the stuff you missed in ALL CAPS.

B12 is given weekly, not only because she has trouble absorbing it, BUT BECAUSE IT HELPS STIMULATE HER APPETITE.

As far as the food goes, no... there is no high end food, that doesn't contain PRESERVATIVES, that I am aware of. She also seems to do better on a low fat, all meat diet, which doesn't exist commercially (except for raw) which she will not eat, and the Dr. is hesitant because of bacteria concerns. (On a side note: You should read up on some of the practices on the pet food industry... even the high end ones... and then you'd be praising me for feeding homemade.)

Pred is given twice a day because he feels it is easier on her liver to give her 2 smaller doses, than 1 large one.

Sure, I could probably hire somone, but that's a whole other hassle. Finding someone who isn't flaky, who is available over the holidays, who you can trust to follow directions and that you feel comfortable enough to allow access to your home, etc. But I do not feel I am being held hostage by my pet's care. That was never the issue here. You guys made it about that.

I'm sure you posted this thread to entertain this ever so boring and slow bored, but I know there is seriousness in it too and I am probably the only one who is on your side. May be a chic thing or a big animal lover thing. Good luck with your cat and do tell how your bf reacts to his first class seat or does he know yet?