Sign in to follow this  
edjr

If this football hit happened today, would there be a lifetime suspension?

Made contact with the helmet. hit a defenseless receiver. Lead with the crown of the helmet. launched himself off the ground. Did not look both ways before crossing the street

I want the game I love back.

I think the Stingley hit might, depending on public outcry, since that is the barometer for NFL punishment

Jack Tatum and Ronnie Lott would just be a couple of regular Joe's in today's game......... Wr's are more protected now than 16 year old virgins at school dances. If I were one I'd never run anything but crossing routes.

Banned for life? No.

If he repeated that...yes...as it should be (similar to Chuck Cecil being blackballed a bit...plus forced to retire due to his own concussions despite wearing the huge helmet pad thing)

No kid should watch that to learn how to tackle. Good way to hurt another person or cripple himself.

Banned for life? No.

If he repeated that...yes...as it should be (similar to Chuck Cecil being blackballed a bit...plus forced to retire due to his own concussions despite wearing the huge helmet pad thing)

No kid should watch that to learn how to tackle. Good way to hurt another person or cripple himself.

Take it to the curly bored :thumbsdown:

Banned for life? No.

I'm using sarcasm to prove a point.

the NFL is a joke when it comes to this stuff.

I'm using sarcasm to prove a point.

the NFL is a joke when it comes to this stuff.

Do you think that hit should be legal?

Do you think that hit should be legal?

It's football, yes.

It's football, yes.

Leading with your helmet is not football. its also the cause of huge lawsuits and a terrible way to try and tackle.

To call the NFL a joke for not allowing that is just dumb.

Leading with your helmet is not football. its also the cause of huge lawsuits and a terrible way to try and tackle.

To call the NFL a joke for not allowing that is just dumb.

If that were the case there would be a penalty on nearly every play. Do you even watch?

Running Backs and tacklers, lower their helmet on every focking attempt at a tackle.

Remember the NFL was going to call a penalty for a RB lowering his head when out of the pocket? :lol: That lasted long, didn't it?

If that were the case there would be a penalty on nearly every play. Do you even watch?

Running Backs and tacklers, lower their helmet on every focking attempt at a tackle.

Remember the NFL was going to call a penalty for a RB lowering his head when out of the pocket? :lol: That lasted long, didn't it?

Actually it was if the led with the crown.

And to compare that hit with other plays because a guy lowers his head to absorb a hit is ridiculous too.

So I hope you are just fishing here.

Yes, doesn't agree with you = fishing

Made contact with the helmet. hit a defenseless receiver. Lead with the crown of the helmet. launched himself off the ground. Did not look both ways before crossing the street

The NFL is the most popular sporting league in the country. Apparently they don't care what you think, nor does it seem like they have to.

The NFL is the most popular sporting league in the country. Apparently they don't care what you think, nor does it seem like they have to.

Yup.

It really only matters what GODdell thinks

Damn I miss that.

Yes, doesn't agree with you = fishing

No...arguing that a hit like that should be legal has to be fishing. Unless you have been in a cave and don't see the danger to each player...nor the legal impact of lawsuits that have already hit the NFL.

I said was hoping you were fishing rather than really arguing that such a thing should be legal in the NFL.

So, if you are not fishing...than you are extremely foolish with that opinion.

Yup.

It really only matters what GODdell thinks

Or the owners that have told him what they want...or the former players that sued the league...aor those on the competition committee who make the rules. Because Goodell is not the one who banned such types of play on his own. You do realize that right?

The NFL has gone so far with rules to protect the players that anytime somebody takes a big hit they throw the flag. That said, these kinds of hits leading with the helmet are preventable and the kind of thing they should be flagging. So yeah it's fun to watch but it's also dangerous and unnecessary to the game.

For now.

Seriously, if they keep trying to pussify it down, it won't be for too much longer.

By too much longer, I mean until the current TV contracts are getting close to ending.

Let's see him do that with a leather helmet. THAT'S football.

:thumbsup:

Yes, he should be flagged one for the hit, and again for the niggrish celebration afterwards.

I blame this guy.

He was white, so what would you call this?

Not sure on the punishment, but it should be obvious that those types of hits should not be allowed anymore.

Not sure on the punishment, but it should be obvious that those types of hits should not be allowed anymore.

SAYZ THUH BIG FARY. :thumbsdown:

That is up. It's football, it's a sport. It's not about injuring people. Injuries are real. If you get injured it's not because you're a . Those days are over. Proper form tackling is what everyone should be taught. Number one it's more effective than just throwing your body around. Number two it lessens injuries, which is what we all should want. Look at the best defenses in football, they are all disciplined tacklers, not hard hitters. The goal is not injure players, it's to bring them to the ground.

Also on that play, instead of injuring the player, the defender could have intercepted that ball and scored. But he wanted to injure the guy, and then celebrate over his corpse. savage.

Jack Tatum and Ronnie Lott would just be a couple of regular Joe's in today's game......... Wr's are more protected now than 16 year old virgins at school dances. If I were one I'd never run anything but crossing routes.

Like there are any 16 year old virgins today.

Also on that play, instead of injuring the player, the defender could have intercepted that ball and scored. But he wanted to injure the guy, and then celebrate over his corpse. ###### savage.

OSU, what do you expect?

That is ###### up. It's football, it's a sport. It's not about injuring people. Injuries are real. If you get injured it's not because you're a ######. Those days are over. Proper form tackling is what everyone should be taught. Number one it's more effective than just throwing your body around. Number two it lessens injuries, which is what we all should want. Look at the best defenses in football, they are all disciplined tacklers, not hard hitters. The goal is not injure players, it's to bring them to the ground.

That cat buck you off on your head?