Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

College savings

Athletic scholarships are such b-spit. It's just cover to get dopes on campus to play football and basketball. They give out some others to women and a few other sports so no one complains. Listen to an NFL player who supposedly went to college. What a joke.

I play the lottery once a week. I also am teaching my sons how to kick a football. Not throw it or run it or tackle for cyring out loud. We are normal sized caucasians afterall. But I figure that if they practice FG's in the backyard starting at age 5 every day for 13 years, they can get a full ride.

Thats my college plan.

:lol:

My brother used to say this too

Have 529 for both my kids, won't even be a drop in the bucket. My daughter is a senior and every school she is looking at is 20-40k a year. Luckily she is a top sprinter and a honor student. We are looking for the best deal right now. Looking at division 2 full ride as long as she has a good and healthy spring track season.

My son, who is a good athlete, will have a much tougher time getting an athletic scholarship. Athletic scholarships are much more competitive among males. He'll have what's in his 529 for school, everything else is on him. I'm not risking my retirement for his education, my parents didn't. He is only 11 and a 6th grader, so silly to talk about anything athletic at the moment but, you can tell when a kid has it. I played college ball (D2) and my wife was a gymnast, his sister is obviously talented, so he is lucky genetically.

What events does she run? All short track or does she do any mid range running? My daughter is in 10th and has been doing well in the track world. Hoping she gets a little help if she keeps improving.

What events does she run? All short track or does she do any mid range running? My daughter is in 10th and has been doing well in the track world. Hoping she gets a little help if she keeps improving.

100, 200, & 4x100. College coaches want her to start running the 400 though. She started working with a personal trainer in the 10th grade, helped tremendously with her form. Now she trains year round.

Under no circumstances should a parent pay a nickle towards their child's post high school education. I can't imagine a child being selfish enough to expect their parents to be saddled with such a financial ruination event. College is willingly sentencing oneself to financial prison for the rest of one's life, with little expectation or hope of finding a decent paying job upon graduating. The government will never allow that debt to be forgiven and it will ruin your life. College is pyramid scheme.

Steer them towards a trade school.

So there you have it kids. If you want to someday be so poor that you can't afford a car or a cell phone and want to ride a bus to work each day, take the advice of this man. He seems to have it going on.

100, 200, & 4x100. College coaches want her to start running the 400 though. She started working with a personal trainer in the 10th grade, helped tremendously with her form. Now she trains year round.

My daughter has done well in 400 Hurdles, and the 800. She was always a soccer player and the fastest on her team. Tried track her freshman year for the first time and ended up finishing in the top 10 at NJ States. Now it's all running for her. XC in fall, track in spring, private training in between.

God those meets are awful to watch. High school aged girls in shorts that are so tight you can read their lips. I stare at the sky so I don't get locked up. :doh:

God those meets are awful to watch. High school aged girls in shorts that are so tight you can read their lips. I stare at the sky so I don't get locked up. :doh:

You ever see a beat up miata in the parking lot or some dude trying to buy a ticket with African beads?

In our state we do the 300 & 100 hurdles for girls but, if she has talent in hurdles sick with it. Easy ticket to college, good hurdle girls aren't very common.

The uniforms they wear are ridiculous. They may as well be in swimsuits. It's worse in college.

You ever see a beat up miata in the parking lot or some dude trying to buy a ticket with African beads?

He said high school-aged. Too old for GFIAFP :thumbsup:

He said high school-aged. Too old for GFIAFP :thumbsup:

GFIAFP's pedophile accusations revolve around Anna Kournokova who was 16 when he made the controversial comment.

GFIAFP's pedophile accusations revolve around Anna Kournokova who was 16 when he made the controversial comment.

he's solidified his reputation 100 times over since then.