Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Stay Klassy Kanye

He has worse? I can't understand one focking lyric.

Oh yeah. It's quite stunning the amount of popularity he enjoys. It's sort of like grey goose vodka. People have convinced themselves that it's great, without a bit of evidence. But the bottle is cool.

Oh yeah. It's quite stunning the amount of popularity he enjoys. It's sort of like grey goose vodka. People have convinced themselves that it's great, without a bit of evidence. But the bottle is cool.

- 33 million albums sold, 100 million digital downloads.....places him just ahead of Bruce Springsteen and Metallica on all time lists.

- His first album got to #2, all seven since have got to #1. If this one gets to #1, he is 8th all time behind only Beatles, Jay Z, Bruce, Streisand, Elvis, Garth, and The Stones.

- 21 Grammys....easily among the most of all time.

And as I've proven before (I think in this thread even), most everything he does is gold critically.....Summarized, he is among the greatest artists of all time by any measure. Sales, awards, critical acclaim, ground breaking, you name it. But obviously he scores poorly with 40+ white males that mostly know him from a handful of crazy pop culture moments that have never listened to his music and pretty much despise all things hip hop/rap in general anyway.

- 33 million albums sold, 100 million digital downloads.....places him just ahead of Bruce Springsteen and Metallica on all time lists.

- His first album got to #2, all seven since have got to #1. If this one gets to #1, he is 8th all time behind only Beatles, Jay Z, Bruce, Streisand, Elvis, Garth, and The Stones.

And as I've proven before (I think in this thread even), most everything he does is gold critically.....Summarized, he is among the greatest artists of all time by any measure. Sales, awards, critical acclaim, ground breaking, you name it. But obviously he scores poorly with 40+ white males that mostly know him from a handful of crazy pop culture moments that have never listened to his music and pretty much despise all things hip hop/rap in general anyway.

So not liking his music, in fact calling it , is a race thing for you?

Keep on keeping on.

So not liking his music, in fact calling it ######, is a race thing for you?

Keep on keeping on.

I'm not claiming that disliking his music in general is a race thing....But I do know that for many, the fact that he is an obnoxious loud black guy with hot opinions that he will yell at the world...that leads to preconceived opinions that his music sucks before it's ever even heard. I feel confident in my stance that even if his album receives universal applause, it won't do nearly as well with 40+ year old white males that mostly know him from a handful of crazy pop culture moments that have never listened to his music and pretty much despise all things hip hop/rap in general anyway.

As for you, I don't know you nearly well enough to put that on you specifically, so if it seemed I was doing so, I apologize.

• Like 1

Didn't notice his concert ticket sales in your stats. And more people have seen one of these stupid fockin super hero movies than The Godfather. Game.