Sign in to follow this  
scottsind

Buy low TE candidates / Streaming TE?

Just throwing this out there as I am having a real tough time after Walker went down. Not much on the waiver wire. I was wondering if you thought streaming a tight end is a viable option or if a trade for someone like Kittle or Burton would be necessary? Any other waiver wire finds at TE or buy low TEs that are solid options for the remainder of the season? Thanks.

all just depends on what you have to give up. The kittle and burton owners prob have another TE rostered if they are willing to trade...I wouldn't give up much for either.

I'd target the Reed owner and pay a bit more to get him if you can. he's been good but not amazing and has big upside (and injury risk). Maybe spend a bit more and see if the Ertz owner will budge? If Olsen was dropped, scoop him up and play waivers until he comes back.

• Like 1

Dissly, Jesse James & Virgil Green all owned in <25% I'm going to be picking up one of those guys probably, Njoku blows

Stream.

Don’t trade.

Just not enough in return.

Thanks.

If OJ Howard is available go get him. Not a lot of targets but he's making the most of them. He's overtaken Brate as the starter, is lining up as a WR and gets the sorry Steelers D that Kelce just killed.

TE has been a struggle to say the least. Even those who invested a high draft pick in Gronk can't be pleased right now. Olsen, Delanie, Engram, Eifert, OJ Howard, hell even Dissly have all come and gone.

Who do we like out of this scrap pile for this week and the foreseeable future?

Geoff Swaim -- caught a TD last week and getting targets from Dak. Good matchup vs HOU this week.

Nick Vannett -- the only healthy TE left in SEA right now.

Rhett Ellison -- Eli always relies on the TE. More of a blocker but did catch a TD and gets a good matchup with CAR.

Ricky Seals Jones -- nice matchup. Rosen in at QB now but Gresham also back.

Jeff Heuerman -- he's getting targets and Keenum likes the TE.

Jesse James -- odd man out with Vance back in PITT.

Bengals TE -- is it Kroft? is it Uzomah? if there was a clear cut answer they could be a great add in that offense.

Hayden Hurst -- probably the most talented of the bunch but has missed entire regular season, could be limited and joins 3 other TE's in Baltimore.

Hurst and Kroft are the only two that are intersting at the moment.

TE has been a struggle to say the least. Even those who invested a high draft pick in Gronk can't be pleased right now. Olsen, Delanie, Engram, Eifert, OJ Howard, hell even Dissly have all come and gone.

Geoff Swaim -- caught a TD last week and getting targets from Dak. Good matchup vs HOU this week.

Rhett Ellison -- Eli always relies on the TE. More of a blocker but did catch a TD and gets a good matchup with CAR.

Bengals TE -- is it Kroft? is it Uzomah? if there was a clear cut answer they could be a great add in that offense.

Hayden Hurst -- probably the most talented of the bunch but has missed entire regular season, could be limited and joins 3 other TE's in Baltimore.

For the foreseeable future, going out on a limb and picking up Hurst. I know it was pre-season but that guy was impressive. May take him 3 or 4 games to outshine the other 2 TEs.

• Like 1

I like Njoku, hopefully he gets some consistency with Mayfeild and cuts down on some of the drops. He has a pretty favorable schedule.

I've rostered Njoku in hopes of an uptick with the new QB, will give it a couple more weeks to see what happens.

Olsen has been dropped in some leagues, seems like he is returning this season. Tough to trust him with his injury but I've got him on my watchlist.

I just traded peanuts for J. Reed. I saw him score week one. Otherwise it seems he has been quiet. Does he look Ok?

What was the trade so I can get an idea of what Reed is worth? His numbers look fine, especially when you compare him to the other TE's, and his QB loves throwing to the position. Only problem historically is health and he seems healthy so far.

If your league has I.R. spots. Keep Ed Dickson in mind.

Grab him, stash him on the I.R. for a couple weeks, then activate him and see what happens.

As of right now, he's all set and ready to go for week 8.

TE trouble myself this week in my standard league (I've got Engram on IR). Available:

Clay - 8 catches, 7 points this season but a good matchup. Ertz just went for 10/112 against TEN

RSJ - 11 catches, 13 points

ASJ - 10 catches, 20 points

Hooper - 12 catches, 18 points

TEs have been terrible this season for streaming.

Outside of a small few, there are no real great or reliable options at TE,

Just stream whomever has a good match up or has the hot hand

TE trouble myself this week in my standard league (I've got Engram on IR). Available:

Clay - 8 catches, 7 points this season but a good matchup. Ertz just went for 10/112 against TEN

RSJ - 11 catches, 13 points

ASJ - 10 catches, 20 points

Hooper - 12 catches, 18 points

TEs have been terrible this season for streaming.

Ertz has been pretty darn good this year. I'm surprised he is available.

Regarding the Bengals TE - I think Kroft is the one to own. He's more the receiving threat that Uzomah and he did good work in the red zone for them last year. But he'd definitely TD dependent.

I'd grab Hurst for sure, he's really the only one with upside here. He's an older rookie and the other Ravens TE's haven't done much with the opportunity, so I think he steps in as the primary receiving TE.

Seals-Jones may have some upside with the QB change, but I'm not sure that's a good offense even with Rosen starting.

Regarding the Bengals TE - I think Kroft is the one to own. He's more the receiving threat that Uzomah and he did good work in the red zone for them last year. But he'd definitely TD dependent.

Uzomah has run 65 routes to Kroft's 21 per PFF. Of course, both will increase with Eifert out, but this would suggest Uzomah is much more likely to benefit.

TB has a bye but you might get a few weeks out of brate, oj is out 2-4 weeks

let's keep that on the low down for now...