Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**2012 Baseball talk thread**

Rangers sign Roy Oswald - not sure if that's good or not. His record in the Ballpark kind of stinks.

Or Roy Oswalt...

As a Ranger fanatic, I hate the Oswalt move. May prove to be beneficial (in terms of wins) in the long run, but what do they do with Feliz when he returns? He ain't closing with the way Nathan is pitching. He ain't taking the 8th or 7th with Ogando and Adams basically money. Is he gonna be a utility/swing/long guy?

Daniels is a mensch but I don't like this at all. Somebody that figures into the medium/long range plans take a digger here.

As a Ranger fanatic, I hate the Oswalt move. May prove to be beneficial (in terms of wins) in the long run, but what do they do with Feliz when he returns? He ain't closing with the way Nathan is pitching. He ain't taking the 8th or 7th with Ogando and Adams basically money. Is he gonna be a utility/swing/long guy?

Daniels is a mensch but I don't like this at all. Somebody that figures into the medium/long range plans take a digger here.

I would guess...

5-man rotation: Feliz and Oswalt in, Feldman and Harrison out

6-man rotation: Feliz and Oswalt in, Feldman out

I would guess...

5-man rotation: Feliz and Oswalt in, Feldman and Harrison out

6-man rotation: Feliz and Oswalt in, Feldman out

Harrison - 2012

* 10 starts: 6-4 record

* 7 times he's given up 3 or less earned runs - one of those in a loss

* 8 times he's given up 4 or less earned runs - 2 of those in losses

* Won his last 2 outings giving up a total of 3 earned runs.

Left handed power pitchers who throw in the upper 90's do not grow on trees - he's not going anywhere, staying in the rotation...... Feldman is the clear man out - he has sucked when stretched out over longer outings. Owswalt is an insurance policy - even if Nefti comes back fine we all remember how Ogando ran out of gas at the end of 2011. With deep pockets and the Texas summer ahead of us - you can never have enough arms here.

Possible history in the making. A certain team is about to reach a certain achievement that they are the only team in baseball not to accomplish.

And no, I don't mean Tampa Bay selling out a game. :lol:

Possible history in the making. A certain team is about to reach a certain achievement that they are the only team in baseball not to accomplish.

And no, I don't mean Tampa Bay selling out a game. :lol:

The Padre's don't have any either!

Poor San Diego, I always forget they exist. If Johan finishes this, expect to see a certain blatantly blown call replayed over and over. Always good when the ball bounces off the chalk, leaves a clear imprint, and the ump calls it foul.

And done, Johan Santana no-hitter.

And then there was one. 50 fuckin years of Mets baseball. Finally I don't have to say there goes this chance every time a Met pitcher gives up his first hit.

:cheers:

Poor San Diego, I always forget they exist. If Johan finishes this, expect to see a certain blatantly blown call replayed over and over. Always good when the ball bounces off the chalk, leaves a clear imprint, and the ump calls it foul.

And done, Johan Santana no-hitter.

After the armando Galaraga fockup it seems they are overly cautious to make judgment calls that would cost a pitcher a perfecto or a no no.

My Rangers are falling, and things are not looking any better. Ogando is now headed to the DL - will join Holland and Feliz. The Angels could over take the division by the end of the month.

And what has happened to Tim Lincecum? Holy crap is he getting lit up this year - good thing the Giants only singed him to a 2 year extension instead of a long ass contract.

And what has happened to Tim Lincecum? Holy crap is he getting lit up this year - good thing the Giants only singed him to a 2 year extension instead of a long ass contract.

I am positive that he injured himself in the offseason and did not tell anyone. He signed a 2 year contract after electing to go year to year for the 2 years before and just HAPPENS to have the worst year of his career. I am not buying it at all. Mark my words. He is hurt.

Andrew Cashner will be optioned to Double-A San Antonio after his 2.1-inning start Saturday, the Padres' official site reports. Although he did not pitch deep into Saturday's game, Cashner racked up five strikeouts while walking two and giving up one run on two hits. He's still a work in progress as a starter (two wild pitches Saturday) will likely make a couple of starts in the minors before rejoining the Padres' rotation.Although he did not pitch deep into Saturday's game, Cashner racked up five strikeouts while walking two and giving up one run on two hits. He's still a work in progress as a starter (two wild pitches Saturday) will likely make a couple of starts in the minors before rejoining the Padres' rotation.

This is going to be a fun thing to watch. IF he can make the leap to the rotation at the end of the month he has the chance to be the best pitcher in the second half of baseball. If he can get to 5-6 innings a start he is going to have 10ks+ a game AND he pitches at the best pitchers park in baseball so his era should be small.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that Jorge Soler's deal with the Cubs is for nine years and $30 million.

It's a massive chunk of change for such a raw player, but new Cubs president Theo Epstein was desperate to make a splash and Soler has the look of a potential major league slugger. The Yankees and Dodgers were also heavily involved in the bidding for the 20-year-old Cuban defector but likely bowed out somewhere around the $25 million mark. Soler is expected to begin his professional career at a low level of Single-A.

After kosuke, I'm nervous about signing the international guys, hope it works out

The rules change after this year for signing latin players. So this was the last big push by clubs to blow their latin market money before it becomes more of a slotted system. The signing is good for the cubbies. I am far more wary of Japanese players translating than i am with latin players.

I like the signing, I just heard that he is immediately a top 50 prospect. The years are good too, give him some years in the minors to make sure he's ready.

The kid is a physical specimen, 6-4 225 at 20? That's a big dude

I like the signing, I just heard that he is immediately a top 50 prospect. The years are good too, give him some years in the minors to make sure he's ready.

The kid is a physical specimen, 6-4 225 at 20? That's a big dude

20........ish. Ya really never can tell with latin players lol. could be 20.......could be 25

Andrew Cashner will be optioned to Double-A San Antonio after his 2.1-inning start Saturday, the Padres' official site reports. Although he did not pitch deep into Saturday's game, Cashner racked up five strikeouts while walking two and giving up one run on two hits. He's still a work in progress as a starter (two wild pitches Saturday) will likely make a couple of starts in the minors before rejoining the Padres' rotation.

This is going to be a fun thing to watch. IF he can make the leap to the rotation at the end of the month he has the chance to be the best pitcher in the second half of baseball. If he can get to 5-6 innings a start he is going to have 10ks+ a game AND he pitches at the best pitchers park in baseball so his era should be small.

2.1 innings, 2 walks, 2 hits, 2 wild pitches. Google Bobby Witt.

5k and one run are the things you should be looking at. The fact he uncorked a few changeups in his first career start is not all that bad. Thats why they are sending him down for 3 weeks to get him more comfortable with the feel of a starting pitcher. He is Aroldis Chapman with a starting gig. In 182 innings pitched in the farm system for the Cubs, he surrendered only three home runs, or 0.016 per inning and his park is going to help him a lot in allowing him to power pitch.

Ha, as a Rangers fan I can attest to this! :lol: ....... :(

Bryan LaHair is starting in right field Monday against the White Sox.

This would seem to indicate that the Cubs are preparing LaHair for the arrival of prospect first baseman Anthony Rizzo. Steve Clevenger is making the start at first base Monday while Tony Campana plays left field and David DeJesus starts in center field. Alfonso Soriano is serving as the DH.

R.A Dickey.

Enough said.

:cheers:

Andrew Cashner tossed five innings of one-run ball Tuesday in his second start with Double-A San Antonio.

Impressive. Cashner gave up just three hits while fanning nine and walking none. He threw 54 out of 75 pitches for strikes. It shouldn't be much longer until he joins the Padres' starting rotation

He went from 3 to 5 and he should do 7 the next time around. If all goes well his next start could be his last in the minors.

There is no cure for a slumping team like playing the Diamondbacks and Astros - whew, we needed that!

0.18 ERA last six starts. Ridiculous

I love to see the knuckleball float.........even though his is not a traditional knuckleball

Were at the point in the season that the big rookie names are in line to get called up.

Will Myers, Trevor Bauer, Anthony Rizzo should all be making their debuts within the next 2 weeks as teams don't have to worry about super 2 status with their rookies. Its going to be fun watching some of these players shine.

All this baseball talk and not a word about the red hot Yankees, winners of 10 in a row, and it's all about the starting pitching. Starters ERA for June:

Sabathia: 3.60

Hiroki Kuroda: 1.80

Andy Pettite: 1.77

Phil Hughes: 1.69

Ivan Nova: 0.79

Those numbers are just ridiculous, and while they obviously won't all keep that up, it's a lot of fun to watch. :pointstosky:

I love to see the knuckleball float.........even though his is not a traditional knuckleball

Were at the point in the season that the big rookie names are in line to get called up.

Will Myers, Trevor Bauer, Anthony Rizzo should all be making their debuts within the next 2 weeks as teams don't have to worry about super 2 status with their rookies. Its going to be fun watching some of these players shine.

Rizzo should be up this saturday, I sure hope he doesn't fizzle like last year, but I'm sure that Petco was part of the problem. Castro, Rizzo, and Soler are the reason I still have hope for a WS in my lifetime.

Rizzo should be up this saturday, I sure hope he doesn't fizzle like last year, but I'm sure that Petco was part of the problem. Castro, Rizzo, and Soler are the reason I still have hope for a WS in my lifetime.

Oh I am 100% sure that petco played a huge part in his failure last year. A full years worth of minor league at bats has shown he can hold his own.(going back to last year)

Got my tickets for the Indians Astros series in the mail today :banana:

Mungette likes the cubs, but she likes American league ball better, so we get to go for the series

Dude Kipnes is a beast....I love watching him play and I am a tigers fan.

For shizzle my Rizzo?

One of the top power-hitting prospects in the game hits a key service-time mile marker this weekend, when he finally can be recalled from Class AAA Iowa without the Cubs risking him becoming eligible for free agency a year earlier.

Dude Kipnes is a beast....I love watching him play and I am a tigers fan.

Tigers in town starting next week - I'll be there Monday night to see Porcello hopeully give up some long balls. B)

Tigers in town starting next week - I'll be there Monday night to see Porcello hopeully give up some long balls. B)

He may lose but I doubt he will give up bombs. He averages less than 1 homer a game this year and exactly 1 for his career. Its often like that with sinkerball pitchers. I personally think he was a waste of a draft pick.

He may lose but I doubt he will give up bombs. He averages less than 1 homer a game this year and exactly 1 for his career. Its often like that with sinkerball pitchers. I personally think he was a waste of a draft pick.

Dombrowski is a pro at wasting draft picks.

Dombrowski is a pro at wasting draft picks.

I am not really impressed with turners minor league numbers either. At this point I think we should trade his ass for Jose Altuve and Brett Myers before he is exposed as a mediocre pitcher at best in the majors.

The Royals interest in trading Jeff Francoeur has "waxed and waned in recent weeks," according to FOX Sports' Jon Morosi.

"Back and forth, every other week," an opposing club official told Morosi. Top prospect Wil Myers is seemingly ready for a jump to the bigs, but apparently KC is reluctant to move Frenchy while they are just 5 1/2 games out of first place. Francoeur inked a two-year, $13.5 million extension last August

LIES....ALL LIES. Don't listen to a thing this says. This might as well have been a press release for the royals. I assure you that they have already had talks with a few teams and this is a maneuver aimed at jumpstarting the talks. "oh yea..you dont want to do that/give me that player? Ok....ill just keep my frenchy and delay myers." except they are lying and everyone knows it. Myers will help out their team far more than francour coming off a career year ever could.

Speculation is that Rizzo is going to join the Cubbies tuesday against the mets.

Kevin Youklis to the White Sox for utility player Brent Lilliquist and minor league pitcher Zach Stewart. Oh and the RedSox sent 5.5 mil. to the OtherSox.

I guess the market for injured, underperforming malcontents aint what it used to be.