Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bryson DeChambeau has a new putting stroke. If it's legal, I am 100% adopting.

The ol side saddle. A guy ive golfed with and who lives at my course has tried it. Not with that grip I dont think.

Needless to say he is a headcase and has too much time in his hands.

The ol side saddle. A guy ive golfed with and who lives at my course has tried it. Not with that grip I dont think.

Needless to say he is a headcase and has too much time in his hands.

I am the worst putter in the world. I will do anything to hit the focking ball straight

I am the worst putter in the world. I will do anything to hit the focking ball straight

I'm not seeing this stroke as all that helpful though.

I'm not seeing this stroke as all that helpful though.

For me it is. I can LOOK down the line, straight on.

Seems much easier to hit the ball straight

I have always seen some merit in a side saddle stroke on short straight putts for people who struggle with them. Think of a shot in pool. Would you rather be facing a straight on shot from behind the ball or would you rather be looking over the ball from the side?

I don't struggle with medium and long putts but I do tend to have issues with short straight in putts. I'm almost more comfortable with a little break.

While side saddle doesn't get you right behind the ball, it does set you up with more of that kind of sight line

You'll look like an idiot.

like I give a chit what I look like?

I used to putt like happy gilmore.

I have always seen some merit in a side saddle stroke on short straight putts for people who struggle with them. Think of a shot in pool.

ED ZACHARY!

It's the short ones, not the long ones

Lay off the coke...that might help.

Seriously though, as long as he isn't straddling the line of the putt I this this is legit.

Cruzer would know the rule for sure, I would guess.

Seriously though, as long as he isn't straddling the line of the putt I this this is legit.

That reminds me. we can't do vegas for the geek golf meet. I am going to need to drive, for obvious reasons. ;)

It's not illegal.

Like you said as long as he's not straddling the line of the putt. But he can do that before address.

Straddling the line was banned when they banned the croquet style putting

Wowzers, what a reach... I guess as long as he's not straddled, he's good. But no thanks for me.

Thing about all these gadgetry type, snake oil fixes - they've no natural, instinctual feel. You grow up and play your whole life with an inherent stroke that feeds your feel sensors. These astrophysical, cosmic remedies have no feel reference to fall back on - and ultimately, that's what you run to under pressure... I'd b shocked if he makes it to 2018 doing this still.

yeah but cruzer, you have to remember this is the guy who signs his name backwards and plays irons that are all the same shaft length. imo, he just like to show off his uniqueness and the fact that he thinks hes smarter.

as far as side saddle putting, I have no issues at all. Putting is pure feel and comfort. its not nearly as technical as the golf swing itself. Some guys like a 33 inch putter. Some like a 35 inch. some prefer a mallet to get the standing more directly over the ball. some like a straight back and straight through stroke while others like an open to closed stroke. Side saddle is really just a very wide open stance. Like putting using a deep bunker shot stance. there are people who feel having that open stance gives them a better read

Im with Cruzer. Unless he has practiced this for a while I dont see how it would really work. To get to that level assuming pretty standard putting stroke all the way there....takes time to just go funky all of a sudden. We arent talking Ed skilk level where a couple of lines and putting with a hockey stick may actually help.

But by all means Im not against whatever anyone wants to try to get the ball in the hole. I do feel he tries to be different much more than he is. Ive tried to like the guy. Didnt know he signed his name backwards. I think he has the game to compete big. We will see if he gets so goofy that is ruins it or not. If he wins a major putting on 1 foot...more power to him.

I always wanted to putt like shooting pool.

yeah but cruzer, you have to remember this is the guy who signs his name backwards and plays irons that are all the same shaft length. imo, he just like to show off his uniqueness and the fact that he thinks hes smarter.

If anyone can do it, he's as good as any to pull it off... It is crazy how smart this dude is - he could be designing satellites or rocket boosters or something with this brain... I wish him well, I like his flair.. He's going to need it if he ever gets invited back to Augusta with that stroke.

I didn't see his putting yesterday, I was too busy looking at Lexi Thompson :wub:

I didn't see his putting yesterday, I was too busy looking at Lexi Thompson :wub:

She's kind of got a unibrow thing working, that kind of creeps me out........ But damn almighty, what a body.

as far as side saddle putting, I have no issues at all. Putting is pure feel and comfort. its not nearly as technical as the golf swing itself. Some guys like a 33 inch putter. Some like a 35 inch. some prefer a mallet to get the standing more directly over the ball. some like a straight back and straight through stroke while others like an open to closed stroke. Side saddle is really just a very wide open stance. Like putting using a deep bunker shot stance. there are people who feel having that open stance gives them a better read

I love the idea of having irons the same length.

Im with Cruzer. Unless he has practiced this for a while I dont see how it would really work. To get to that level assuming pretty standard putting stroke all the way there....takes time to just go funky all of a sudden. We arent talking Ed skilk level where a couple of lines and putting with a hockey stick may actually help.

But by all means Im not against whatever anyone wants to try to get the ball in the hole. I do feel he tries to be different much more than he is. Ive tried to like the guy. Didnt know he signed his name backwards. I think he has the game to compete big. We will see if he gets so goofy that is ruins it or not. If he wins a major putting on 1 foot...more power to him.

Based on his personality type I am positive he has practiced this stroke for a while. In fact I think I read something where he was quoted as saying he has been working on it for a while and he believes it is more efficient just like he believes irons of the same length are more efficient.

I find it hard to believe that stroke on a 65 foot putt is better for anyone. I get the lining up better but seems like distance control will be tough. I guess we will see. Hope he uses it.

I love the idea of having irons the same length.

Im intrigued by that as well. I assume it would help me maintain a consistent set up.

Wowzers, what a reach... I guess as long as he's not straddled, he's good. But no thanks for me.

Thing about all these gadgetry type, snake oil fixes - they've no natural, instinctual feel. You grow up and play your whole life with an inherent stroke that feeds your feel sensors. These astrophysical, cosmic remedies have no feel reference to fall back on - and ultimately, that's what you run to under pressure... I'd b shocked if he makes it to 2018 doing this still.

I found it funny that you made fun of this as being an astrophysical, cosmic remedy but at the same time talked about your current method feeding your feel sensors.

I find it hard to believe that stroke on a 65 foot putt is better for anyone. I get the lining up better but seems like distance control will be tough. I guess we will see. Hope he uses it.

Again. Putting is very personal. I wouldn't ever side saddle on medium or long putts but what would make the stroke any harder for distance control than what we have been told is a convenational stroke

Who knows. We will see. Id bet it wont work out for him. No one else seemed to think it is a good way to putt for oh....pretty much ever.

Speaking of putting... Both DJ and Rory made major changes in their gear and set up this past year. And both rocked it.. I expect a ton of fireworks out of these two in 2017.. I think Rory is going to go off.

She's kind of got a unibrow thing working, that kind of creeps me out........ But damn almighty, what a body.

Those legs

:drool:

Those legs

:drool:

she's got a belly thing going on I ain't liking.

did she have a kid?

did she have a kid?

I don't think so :unsure:

She's only 22, but looks much older for her age. It makes me feel less creepy :)

did she have a kid?

And what the hell are you talking about by the way? I just was watching the golf channel and she looks skinny as can be without looking unhealthy

And what the hell are you talking about by the way? I just was watching the golf channel and she looks skinny as can be without looking unhealthy

she got a belly or something, maybe it's the baggy clothes

it's the shirt

Who knows. We will see. Id bet it wont work out for him. No one else seemed to think it is a good way to putt for oh....pretty much ever.

A fairly famous golfer by the name of Sam Snead tried putting croquet and the style was banned.

Golfers are constantly tinkering with putting. Nit just equipment and fat grips but left hand low, claw, up against the forearm... the now illegal anchoring... some still use broom stick putters and keep he anchored until the last minute.

I'm not saying it will work for him. Frankly I don't see the advantage to his same length iron gimmick and he hasn't done much if anything since turning pro.

We shall see

A fairly famous golfer by the name of Sam Snead tried putting croquet and the style was banned.

Golfers are constantly tinkering with putting. Nit just equipment and fat grips but left hand low, claw, up against the forearm... the now illegal anchoring... some still use broom stick putters and keep he anchored until the last minute.

I'm not saying it will work for him. Frankly I don't see the advantage to his same length iron gimmick and he hasn't done much if anything since turning pro.

We shall see

He's putting miserably today. like me bad.

We shall see

I really don't care what kind of tricked up putting style a guy has, as long as he does it quick. This J. Furyk back off crap drives me bat shiit crazy. :mad: