Sign in to follow this  
Ohio Student Suspended for Refusing to Leave Classroom During Gun Control Walkout...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ohio-student-suspended-for-staying-in-class-during-walkouts/ar-BBKikzU?ocid=st

HILLIARD, Ohio — An Ohio high school student says he tried to remain nonpolitical during school walkouts over gun violence and was suspended for a day because he stayed in a classroom instead of joining protests or the alternative, a study hall.

Hilliard senior Jacob Shoemaker says school isn't the place for politics, and he wasn't taking sides Wednesday.

The district says it's responsible for students' safety and they can't be unsupervised.

Jacob's citation for not following instructions was shared online by a friend, prompting a flood of messages to his father.

Scott Shoemaker says some people thought his son was suspended for walking out, and angry comments accumulated, including some that mistook Scott for the principal. He says he also got a couple death threats and had to consider switching phone numbers.

So, the teachers walked out too? Why would he have to be left alone in the room? Sounds like the teachers used this as an excuse to head down to the loading dock to suck down a few heaters.

So, the teachers walked out too? Why would he have to be left alone in the room? Sounds like the teachers used this as an excuse to head down to the loading dock to suck down a few heaters.

No sh*t. Why weren't the teachers doing their focking jobs, teaching? You want to walk out and protest, fine. But I'm still teaching and you're responsible for the material.

• Like 1

It's what liberals have created. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

You know, unless things have changed radically, for legal and insurance purposes, a kid can't leave the school during school hours without a signed permission slip.

You know, unless things have changed radically, for legal and insurance purposes, a kid can't leave the school during school hours without a signed permission slip.

You don't say.

No sh*t. Why weren't the teachers doing their focking jobs, teaching? You want to walk out and protest, fine. But I'm still teaching and you're responsible for the material.

If I were a teacher I'd be inclined to teach a life lesson and run an experiment at the same time. Hey students, I'm going to go over all of the problems and solutions to our next test in class today. You can protest or attend, your choice.

I'd probably get reprimanded because I allegedly didn't let little Johnny do his SJW protest, but whatever. :cheers:

• Like 1

not true my local HS has an open campus

Can we just be happy that the kid that stayed back wasn't a sexually assaulted by a teacher for once?

I think I saw a headline today wear some black School Janitor use this fantastic opportunity to Rob all the kids of all the they left behind in the school like that. That's fantastic.

Ive talked to some parents who are pretty pissed their kids were forced out of the classrooms and not allowed to even stay in the hallways- they were told they had to join the others on the walkout.

Antioch High School in Nashville had a mini riot, with kids tearing down an American flag and jumping up and down on a police car.

Can we just be happy that the kid that stayed back wasn't a sexually assaulted by a teacher for once?

Not sure if we can but, I'm willing to bet the student is. :)

Ive talked to some parents who are pretty pissed their kids were forced out of the classrooms and not allowed to even stay in the hallways- they were told they had to join the others on the walkout.

Antioch High School in Nashville had a mini riot, with kids tearing down an American flag and jumping up and down on a police car.

The cops should have shot them. :bandana:

That isn't right at all... There should be hell to pay with that administration...

who even organized this event?

Teachers Union via Leftards?

who even organized this event?

Teachers Union via Leftards?

Probably Soros...or Hillary...or Obama.

Leftists have gotten out of control - and this merely scratches the surface of how out of control they can get.

• Like 1

Probably Soros...or Hillary...or Obama.

or all of the above

Schools (even in the same district) handled this differently. Ostensibly to be a true student walkout the terms need to be defined by the students. Students where I work set the agenda for the time during the walkout. Teachers with preps that period helped monitor things, and administrators monitored it, but that was it. It was their thing. At another nearby HS, the principal took an active role in it.

Unless CA did it weird these walkouts were ~20 mins long. I noticed from a Daily Mail article that people are under the impression it was a full day thing.

Anyway, so maybe this kid's school called on all teachers for monitoring the two groups - kids who wanted to participate and those who didn't. This kid is saying the group who didn't want to participate was the "pro gun violence" group. That's a weird way to look at it.

No one cared where this kid politically stood, but there was no one to monitor him if he got his way with a classroom to himself. That was the problem. If the school could do it over, they probably wouldn't go the route of having all hands on deck and two different groups. Just let the walkouts walkout and have some adults monitoring for safety.

I think I saw a headline today wear some black School Janitor use this fantastic opportunity to Rob all the kids of all the ###### they left behind in the school like that. That's fantastic.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/custodian-stole-cash-students-personal-items-school-walkout-article-1.3878499?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

A custodian at a South Carolina school rummaged through students’ book bags during a school walkout Wednesday — and took their cash.

Aisha Evans stole $180 from three Richland Northeast High School students while they participated in a national protest against gun violence on March 14, according to the Richland County Sheriff’s Department.

School administrators and the school resource officer conducted an investigation, and Evans was charged with three counts of petty larceny.

The 32-year-old was employed by Service Solutions, an agency that provides custodial services to the school, CNN reported.

Evans is no longer employed by the agency, according to CNN-affiliate WIS.

“On Thursday, March 15, Service Solutions notified Richland Two that Evans is no longer an employee of the company and was informed that she cannot come on any Richland Two property,” the school district said in a statement.

Students across the country marched in a National School Walkout one month after 17 people were shot to death at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

Schools (even in the same district) handled this differently. Ostensibly to be a true student walkout the terms need to be defined by the students. Students where I work set the agenda for the time during the walkout. Teachers with preps that period helped monitor things, and administrators monitored it, but that was it. It was their thing. At another nearby HS, the principal took an active role in it.

Unless CA did it weird these walkouts were ~20 mins long. I noticed from a Daily Mail article that people are under the impression it was a full day thing.

Anyway, so maybe this kid's school called on all teachers for monitoring the two groups - kids who wanted to participate and those who didn't. This kid is saying the group who didn't want to participate was the "pro gun violence" group. That's a weird way to look at it.

No one cared where this kid politically stood, but there was no one to monitor him if he got his way with a classroom to himself. That was the problem. If the school could do it over, they probably wouldn't go the route of having all hands on deck and two different groups. Just let the walkouts walkout and have some adults monitoring for safety.

Does anyone even read naomi's post now that we know chronicweltcher makes most of them? 😠

Kid apparently wasnt suspended for not participating...butbfor not going to the designated area where those who chose not to participate were asked to go. He refused...was suspended...then claimed what you all had read and immediately believed.

His teacher should have been in the classroom teaching, then he would have been supervised.

Story falls apart..so change the narrative. Typical

You know I'm right.

Not really at all.

If they have a certain amount protesting...was the teachers hob to be doing something else to ensure safety?

Kid made a choice...then whether it was him or his parents...he chose to make it news (similar to the lyrics by family in Florida about the CNN town hall question).

I would love to meet up with Pen and Sho in person. :wave:

I dont like you that way man.

Shocking not one of the usual team trump can admit they were duped again by Fox and their ilk.

Shocking not one of the usual team trump can admit they were duped again by Fox and their ilk.

I posted an article from AP that was posted on MSN...

I posted an article from AP that was posted on MSN...

And where did this play the most?

And were you wrong? Yes.

Congrats for not posting a fox link...

Kid apparently wasnt suspended for not participating...butbfor not going to the designated area where those who chose not to participate were asked to go. He refused...was suspended...then claimed what you all had read and immediately believed.

Wow. That's a switch.

I'm sure don lemon will grill and shame the kid , right?

Right?

I mean, apple, banana...

Snowflake should have just gone to the study hall like everybody else.

Snowflake should have just gone to the study hall like everybody else.

Everybody wants their 15...