Sign in to follow this  
HenryHill9323

Philthy Beagles find their QB Savior.

:banana:

The Philadelphia Eagles will sign Tim Tebow on Monday, according to a report from Jay Glazer of Fox Sports. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the two sides began working on the framework of the deal when Tebow worked out for the Eagles in March. The deal was then finalized on Sunday, allowing Tebow to join the team ahead of the start of offseason workouts.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/19/8243729/tim-tebow-philadelphia-eagles-contract-free-agent

0-Forever will be a distant memory soon. :clap:

:lol:

Whoo Hooo!

My dream of seeing a Tebow vs Manziel Super Bowl is as strong as it's ever been!

• Like 1

I figured this for a Tebow thread, and see the humor, but I don't think he is the joke a lot of people do. He is a competitor and has worked to improve his mechanics. I am not even a Christian, and would love to see someone who works hard and will not give up succeed. :thumbsup:

As good as any other third stringer

He's better than what the jets, bills, browns, and texans have.

As good as any other third stringer

He has had winning seasons and has won a playoff game.

Sure his passing is below average, but in an innovative offense he could catch some teams off guard and win a few games. I was always surprised he never caught on as a gadget player.

I was SOOOO happy when Elway took over and immediately made it clear Tebow wasn't going to be a long term experiment. They had to tailor an offense to his particular set of skills which, while an interesting experiment, aren't going to get you deep in the playoffs. And the last thing I want is a guy who is going to win enough games to be competitive and/or make the playoffs but never sniff the superbowl. I'm surprised he's giving up his broadcasting career for this. Anyone know what Philly is paying him? Can't be much, and he's not going to be their starter.

Depends what the rules committee does with the 3rd QB rule.

If they make it where you can bring in the 3rd QB for something and still go back to #1 or #2...with the rules changes coming on extra points possibly wanting to encourage more 2pt conversions...I could see him being used in 2 pt conversion packages.

Other than that...not so much.

I was SOOOO happy when Elway took over and immediately made it clear Tebow wasn't going to be a long term experiment. They had to tailor an offense to his particular set of skills which, while an interesting experiment, aren't going to get you deep in the playoffs. And the last thing I want is a guy who is going to win enough games to be competitive and/or make the playoffs but never sniff the superbowl. I'm surprised he's giving up his broadcasting career for this. Anyone know what Philly is paying him? Can't be much, and he's not going to be their starter.

You do realize you just described the current Qb Elway has starting for the broncos right? The one who replaced Tebow lol

You do realize you just described the current Qb Elway has starting for the broncos right? The one who replaced Tebow lol

The current guy in Denver has sniffed the Super Bowl plenty. And he doesn't always fail when he gets there, he has actually won one, too. Considering how many home playoff games he's lost over the years to teams he was favored to beat, it does seem like playoff frustration follows him around.

Seems as though he is piecing together some of his favorite college players from back in the day....

Okay? :dunno:

I'm assuming the coaching staff thinks he can help the team in some way after working him out. Considering he's a Heisman winner and national champion, in the prime (age wise) of his career, I don't find it shocking that he makes a teams 53 man roster.

Whats all the fuss about?

Okay? :dunno:

I'm assuming the coaching staff thinks he can help the team in some way after working him out. Considering he's a Heisman winner and national champion, in the prime (age wise) of his career, I don't find it shocking that he makes a teams 53 man roster.

Whats all the fuss about?

Cowboy fans butthurt that Philly stole their best player.

Cowboy fans butthurt that Philly stole their best player.

Totally riskless move by Philly. He may not even make the team, but he could be a valuable backup and gadget player in an offense that is much more suited to his skillset than any he's played on in the NFL before.

Agreed.

Too bad he has to try to do it with a classless organization.

He joined the Dall-Ass Crackboys?

Yes, the Cowboys are a class act. They give second chances to known abusers and thugs as long as the price is right. Then Jerry trots out his own DAUGHTER to defend it. Remember when fathers protected their daughters? Yes, cowboy fans calling anyone classless is comical.

good for him, class act, great role model, hope he does well

This. I hope the Eagles crash and burn, but I hope they doing despite him playing well.

Tebow and Aaron Hernandez were Florida teammates correct?

I guess it is true. Sometimes a sacrafice must be made, to be Born Again!@#!

Yes, the Cowboys are a class act. They give second chances to known abusers and thugs as long as the price is right.

WHAT, there is an NFL team that has thugs on it??? :shocking:

In other breaking news - the sun will rise in the East 2morow...

WHAT, there is an NFL team that has thugs on it??? :shocking:

In other breaking news - the sun will rise in the East 2morow...

The cowboys do it a lot.

The cowboys do it a lot.

There are 32 teams in the league - pick one, and he same can be said.

There are 32 teams in the league - pick one, and he same can be said.

All teams have them. Sometimes you draft a guy and he goes bad, that happens. But the Cowboys sign these guys after they go bad. PAC man says what's up.

No team in the league has as long a history of employing crackheads, wife beaters, cold molesters and all other forms of human dogsh1t as the Cowboys. I'm not even sure they target those players, I think being a Cowboy makes you more likely to snort coke and fock minors.

No team in the league has as long a history of employing crackheads, wife beaters, cold molesters and all other forms of human dogsh1t as the Cowboys. I'm not even sure they target those players, I think being a Cowboy makes you more likely to snort coke and fock minors.

Raiders? Bengals? Ravens?