Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

What exactly did he say that furthered his political ambitions :dunno:

What are his ambitions after being President of the USA? :unsure:

:world domination:

So I see no one wants to discuss the case anymore. They just want to make this a political thing (I have no idea why this would be a political thing) and another reason to biitch about the liberal biased media.

Honestly... you guys are completely right. The most outrageous aspect of this case is what the media is doing. Not that there are laws in Florida that basically let you get away with murder. Nah... the biased media is what we should be all taking out of this.

What law is that? Please....explain it to me. I'd LOVE to hear it.

He could have said he feels sympathy for the family. He could have said it was a local matter and as far as he knew the local and state authorities were working on the case. He could have said we should all wait until they're done before making any judgments. What he shouldn't have said was that if he had a kid it would look just like Trayvon. That was race pandering and, IMO, suggesting that there might be something to the racism theories. Why did he inject race in to his comments? He didn't need to and again, IMO, shouldn't have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efZNgSEpB1k

:dunno:

They have a tape with someone screaming for help, that it took a month for 2 experts to say isn't Zimmerman (but haven't checked to see if they can say it's Martin's, either). Now, if they can get audio of Martin's voice and can positively compare it to the voice on the tape, then they likely have probable cause.

Does it make sense to you, Vikings, that Zimmerman was screaming for help or screaming for his life if he had a gun in his possession? :dunno:

He could have said he feels sympathy for the family. He could have said it was a local matter and as far as he knew the local and state authorities were working on the case. He could have said we should all wait until they're done before making any judgments. What he shouldn't have said was that if he had a kid it would look just like Trayvon. That was race pandering and, IMO, suggesting that there might be something to the racism theories. Why did he inject race in to his comments? He didn't need to and again, IMO, shouldn't have.

I think that people may be reading a little too much into his answer. He did say that he felt for the family and that it was a tragedy. He did say that the authorities were dealing with it. He could have said that it was a local matter, although I think that he would have been skewered by others for not at least keeping an eye on things.

He could/should have said that we should not rush to judge and not splinter on racial lines. However, when he said that if he had a son that he might look like Trayvon, it seemed like he was showing sympathy. That he could relate to the situation and that it affected him. Part of his job is to empathize with people and to bring people together. By saying that his son would look like Trayvon, I saw it more of him relating to the family and not trying to divide people.

Does it make sense to you, Vikings, that Zimmerman was screaming for help or screaming for his life if he had a gun in his possession? :dunno:

So anyone with possession of a gun must be the aggressor? We have no evidence he ever shot it prior to this. It's plausible.

He could/should have said that we should not rush to judge and not splinter on racial lines. However, when he said that if he had a son that he might look like Trayvon, it seemed like he was showing sympathy. That he could relate to the situation and that it affected him. Part of his job is to empathize with people and to bring people together. By saying that his son would look like Trayvon, I saw it more of him relating to the family and not trying to divide people.

Or it could be interpreted that he cares more because the kid was black. Why should it matter that his kid would look like Trayvon? What if something like this happened to a white kid from a black perpetrator under Bush's watch and he had said "If I had a kid he'd look like Mike." Do you think that would have gone over well?

Sure, why not?

Although the story Zimmerman gave went to great lengths to establish that Treyvon noticed the gun initially, while wrestling or whatever.

For the Martin story to be plausible, you'd have expected Zimm to pull the gun, and that would cause Treyvon to scream for his life...

Working for NBC now? Showed 48% or whatever chance of correlation, needs 60% for some confidence factor...

It basically showed it was inconclusive, and thus we couldn't derive any information from it..

Owen used software called Easy Voice Biometrics to compare Zimmerman’s voice to the 911 call screams.

The software returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he would expect higher than 90 percent.

Another expert contacted by the Sentinel, using different techniques, came to the same conclusion.

What law is that? Please....explain it to me. I'd LOVE to hear it.

Strike provided a multitude of examples where it would appear that according to Florida's self defense laws, if you want to kill someone, all you have to do is chase them down, pick a fight with them, wait until they hit you, then shoot. :dunno:

Or it could be interpreted that he cares more because the kid was black. Why should it matter that his kid would look like Trayvon? What if something like this happened to a white kid from a black perpetrator under Bush's watch and he had said "If I had a kid he'd look like Mike." Do you think that would have gone over well?

He could also be making a point that whenever children are the victims of serious crime or injury that adults logically think about their own children in that situation...

Seen it before. What's your point?

He was expressing empathy to the parents. I didn't take his comments as trying to incite a race war. I took his comments as trying to personalize the situation and saying that he could understand why they would want this fully investigated.

And you know what.... if Obama had a son... he probably would look like Trayvon.

He could also be making a point that whenever children are the victims of serious crime or injury that adults logically think about their own children in that situation...

He said that early on. I have no problem with that statement. And really, it's not THAT big a deal to me when he says the thing about if he had a kid it would look like Trayvon. But that's because I don't have a problem differentiating things based on race, unlike people like Peenie who once called me a racist for saying Stacy Dash was hot. But I don't think you can deny that Obama was alluding to being black with that statement, and I don't see how that's appropriate given the circumstances and the racially charged environment this case has caused. The President should be trying to calm racial tensions, not inflame them even more.

He was expressing empathy to the parents. I didn't take his comments as trying to incite a race war. I took his comments as trying to personalize the situation and saying that he could understand why they would want this fully investigated.

And you know what.... if Obama had a son... he probably would look like Trayvon.

Yeah, because they all look alike.

:rolleyes:

So his son would be inked up and gold teeth ?

I would think that it would have gone over just fine. There is nothing wrong with empathizing with people in a time of hurt. Obama's skin color is not this elephant in the room that no one wants to speak about. His detractors surely bring it up (along with a bunch of other things).

I guess I don't get so charged interpreting what may or may not have been the intent of harmless expressions of sympathy. :dunno:

I would think that it would have gone over just fine. There is nothing wrong with empathizing with people in a time of hurt. Obama's skin color is not this elephant in the room that no one wants to speak about. His detractors surely bring it up (along with a bunch of other things).

I guess I don't get so charged interpreting what may or may not have been the intent of harmless expressions of sympathy. :dunno:

I agree that it was a harmlesss expresion of sympathy too. :thumbsup:

However, I must admit, the first time I saw the clip of him saying "If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon". It really did seem odd to me. I remember thinking "What does he mean by that?" What is he trying to say?" It was sort of odd to me. I think it was harmless as well, but it was odd.

Can you imagine if a McCain or a Bush said after a white boy was shot in what was deemed racially motivated something like "If I had a son he'd look like little Johnny". People would look at each other like, "do what?" Jesse Jackson would go ballistic.

However, I must admit, the first time I saw the clip of him saying "If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon". It really did seem odd to me. I remember thinking "What does he mean by that?" What is he trying to say?" It was sort of odd to me. I think ie was harmless as well, but it was odd.

Can you imagine if a McCain or a Bush said after a white boy was shot n what was deemed racially motivated something like "If I had a sone he'd look like little Johnny". People would look at each other like, "do what?" Jesse Jackson would go ballistic.

Jesse goes ballistic over the "Black Eyed Peas".

Are they saying that blacks beat up peas? Why do they call them black eyes, anyway?

However, I must admit, the first time I saw the clip of him saying "If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon". It really did seem odd to me. I remember thinking "What does he mean by that?" What is he trying to say?" It was sort of odd to me. I think it was harmless as well, but it was odd.

Can you imagine if a McCain or a Bush said after a white boy was shot in what was deemed racially motivated something like "If I had a son he'd look like little Johnny". People would look at each other like, "do what?" Jesse Jackson would go ballistic.

Maybe Jesse Jackson would have gone ballistic... it doesn't take much.

I don't see how that means the rest of the country would follow.

I would have seen it as a empathetic statement to the parents of the kid who died. Which is a tragedy for the parents, no matter what color the people are or what the circumstances. :dunno:

When people are hypersensitive to race, they can interpret his statement to project their own bias on BO. I agree it was harmless, and if a white president said a murder victim could've been their kid few would take offense.

BUT, I think he was probably enraged that this kid would question his authority (which only exited in his head) and killed him in a rage.

That isn't Murder One but it's definitely manslaughter and probably Murder Two.

The cops didn't seem to think so. And 4 weeks later, still don't - that speaks volumes to me. I think his story must have really checked out.

Believe me, redneck Sanford cops ain't gonna do a Latino gunman special favors. I'm sure they scanned the evidence with a microscope hoping to find a reason to arrest him.

When people are hypersensitive to race, they can interpret his statement to support their own bias. I agree it was harmless, and if a white president said a murder victim could've been their kid few would take offense.

What's funny is people who are totally tone deaf to their own party's constant race baiting but blow up when the president makes a statement of sympathy. :wacko:

Working for NBC now? Showed 48% or whatever chance of correlation, needs 60% for some confidence factor...

It basically showed it was inconclusive, and thus we couldn't derive any information from it..

What the he!! does this mean? Where did you pull that 60% number from? The lower % means it has less chance of being Zimmerman than if there was 60% correlation. It doesn't mean it was Martin, but I think you'd have to be pretty conspiratorial to think there is an unknown third person screaming, unless there is an as-yet unidentified eye witness.

The cops didn't seem to think so. And 4 weeks later, still don't - that speaks volumes to me. I think his story must have really checked out.

As has been repeatedly noted in this thread, the lead investigator DID recommend that Zimmerman be charged. Apparently the limp-wristed prosecutor overruled him.

Dems. Watcha gonna do? :dunno:

I was thinking of the GOP sending around racist pictures of the president, thinking he was born outside the US, demanding his birth certificate, Newt saying he has Kenyan anti-colonial views (whatever that means), Frothy saying he doesn't want to take money from taxpayers and give it to black people, saying the president is secretly a Muslim and a traitor, etc.

Not nearly as racist as expressing sympathy for the parents of a kid who's shot. :doh:

What was the first thing Zimmerman told the cops when they showed up at the scene of the altercation?

-Ees a ham bush.

As has been repeatedly noted in this thread, the lead investigator DID recommend that Zimmerman be charged. Apparently the limp-wristed prosecutor overruled him.

Was the lead investigator black, or a brown Hispanic? Could just be racism against the white Hispanic. :music_guitarred:

Believe me, redneck Sanford cops ain't gonna do a Latino gunman special favors. I'm sure they scanned the evidence with a microscope hoping to find a reason to arrest him.

The cop who was in charge of the investigation recommended he be arrested and charged. The prosecutor is the one who decided not to pursue the charges, probably because of the self defense laws and thinking they weren't going to get a conviction.

Strike provided a multitude of examples where it would appear that according to Florida's self defense laws, if you want to kill someone, all you have to do is chase them down, pick a fight with them, wait until they hit you, then shoot. :dunno:

Don't forget - it's also legal to kill your small child, stuff them into the trunk of your car, claim you have no knowledge of where they went, bury them in the woods, and party on with your life like nothing happened. :godblessflorida:

The cop who was in charge of the investigation recommended he be arrested and charged. The prosecutor is the one who decided not to pursue the charges, probably because of the self defense laws and thinking they weren't going to get a conviction.

The prosecutor is a pvssy. Do your damn job or give it to someone who isn't afraid to.

Don't forget - it's also legal to kill your small child, stuff them into the trunk of your car, claim you have no knowledge of where they went, bury them in the woods, and party on with your life like nothing happened. :godblessflorida:

Yeah, but she was hot and clearly put out so that one was a little more understandable.

The prosecutor is a pvssy. Do your damn job or give it to someone who isn't afraid to.

Or he knows a lot more of the facts than you ....

Why are you defending this scared little peon? You guys are usually all about prosecuting

Why are you defending this scared little peon? You guys are usually all about prosecuting

Because there's a race / Obummer angle, duh. :doh:

How do you feel now that it would appear that Trayvon Martin was likely the one screaming for HELP as heard on the 911 tapes?

Who's defending anyone ? Are you trying to tell me your privy to all the facts in this case ? You must be the way you talk like a know it all blowhard.

No chance in hell you're a lawyer, if you were you would understand how things work

Do you work in your uncles law office "helping out" when they run out of paper is have to take the trash out ?