Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

The ***Official*** Carolina Panthers 2017 NFL Season Thread

We're 2-1 :dunno:

sf

buf

nos- could hardly do much against that awful defense

Up until now I'd not opened this thread as I'm not terribly interested in the team. But then this week, that's changed.

Nine Detroit Lions and the sh1tbag singer they invited to publicly piss on the national anthem all knelt. This set me the hell off beyond words and my lifelong love of this team is really all up in the air and on hard times.

So, I'm thinking "fock them" I need a new team. Unfortunatly, 95% of the league is also sh1tbag scum. Maybe I'll just tune the whole NFL out. Fock them all.

There's nowhere to turn to get away from these protestors. Actually there is. One place. The way it seems to me is that the NFL is comprised of 31 sh1tbag teams and the Carolina Panthers. And so, here I am, I've opened your thread for the first time as this us the only team out there that has still has integrity, dignity, and class coming out of week three.

Three things holding me back...

1) Although I've always admired Jerry Richardson and I've said nothing but kind words about him in the past, before this anthem flap occurred, I've never actually cared about his team at all one way or the other.

2) It's hard to break up with the Lions. They're the hometown team and for 45 years I've stuck with them. Through gawd-awful QB Scott Mitchell and even worse GM Matt Millen. Through 0-16. I've been rewarded with one playoff win in 1991 for my lifelong loyalty.

But this 2017 version of the team is actually pretty good. Edjr's brother and Jim Caldwell have assembled the most competitive Lions team in recent memory. It's hard to leave now, when things are finally clicking, for a team that isn't as good, frankly.

3) I really don't like the south. I do relate to them better than to the east and west coast freaks but meh. The slavery, Confederate, Jim Crow heritage was a bad enough national embarrassment but before my/our time. The evangelical infestation and sticking us with George W. Bush is unforgivable.

But anyway, fock the kneelers, go Panthers.

Up until now I'd not opened this thread as I'm not terribly interested in the team. But then this week, that's changed.

Nine Detroit Lions and the sh1tbag singer they invited to publicly piss on the national anthem all knelt. This set me the hell off beyond words and my lifelong love of this team is really all up in the air and on hard times.

So, I'm thinking "fock them" I need a new team. Unfortunatly, 95% of the league is also sh1tbag scum. Maybe I'll just tune the whole NFL out. Fock them all.

There's nowhere to turn to get away from these protestors. Actually there is. One place. The way it seems to me is that the NFL is comprised of 31 sh1tbag teams and the Carolina Panthers. And so, here I am, I've opened your thread for the first time as this us the only team out there that has still has integrity, dignity, and class coming out of week three.

Three things holding me back...

1) Although I've always admired Jerry Richardson and I've said nothing but kind words about him in the past, before this anthem flap occurred, I've never actually cared about his team at all one way or the other.

2) It's hard to break up with the Lions. They're the hometown team and for 45 years I've stuck with them. Through gawd-awful QB Scott Mitchell and even worse GM Matt Millen. Through 0-16. I've been rewarded with one playoff win in 1991 for my lifelong loyalty.

But this 2017 version of the team is actually pretty good. Edjr's brother and Jim Caldwell have assembled the most competitive Lions team in recent memory. It's hard to leave now, when things are finally clicking, for a team that isn't as good, frankly.

3) I really don't like the south. I do relate to them better than to the east and west coast freaks but meh. The slavery, Confederate, Jim Crow heritage was a bad enough national embarrassment but before my/our time. The evangelical infestation and sticking us with George W. Bush is unforgivable.

But anyway, fock the kneelers, go Panthers.

Welcome! :pointstosky:

Also we're not the Deep South. Hell, we turned blue in 2012 and went Obama. Most of us have all our teeth too. We're very cosmopolitan.

So far as week one on the Panthers bandwagon, that's about as good as it gets.

Cam is going to make this more exciting than I anticipated.

Patriots won by at least 30 right? Drobeski had them winning by 77

It's football season, I can only assume you mean let Cam keep pounding you from behind?

I bet you can't wait for Lebron to get back there. Choo CHoo

Solid win for them. After that 1st INT I figured Cam would hide under a towel, but he came back strong.

Pats really have some problems. Should have lost to a 1st time starting rookie QB at home last week. Then lose to Cam at home the following week anyway.

I really wish newbie were here to gloat

Cam somehow turning himself around quickly. It has been 2 games but am surprised. He has had 1 season over 60% completion in his career. Right now he is over 68% for the season.

i'd trade wiffleball for newbie back for reals.

in a heartbeat

Cam somehow turning himself around quickly. It has been 2 games but am surprised. He has had 1 season over 60% completion in his career. Right now he is over 68% for the season.

:thumbsup:

My FF squad Thanks him.

Panthers - 3

o/u is 44.5

• Kurt Coleman, Demetrious Cox and Ryan Kalil are out, everyone else is not on injury report. Kalil is and has been a major blow with this unexplained neck injury. He is the pro bowl center and leader of the O-Line.

• Eagles starting right tackle Lane Johnson is OUT, as expected. Johnson suffered a concussion on Sunday and still hasn’t passed through the mandatory concussion protocol.

Carson Wentz is going to get a big helping of the Panthers front 4. This may get ugly and fast. I for see a blowout win at home for Carolina. Look for the Eagles to make the score somewhat respectable in garbage time but the game never in doubt. I like the Panthers and the over.

30 - 17

Panthers - 3

o/u is 44.5

• Kurt Coleman, Demetrious Cox and Ryan Kalil are out, everyone else is not on injury report. Kalil is and has been a major blow with this unexplained neck injury. He is the pro bowl center and leader of the O-Line.
  • Eagles starting right tackle Lane Johnson is OUT, as expected. Johnson suffered a concussion on Sunday and still hasnt passed through the mandatory concussion protocol.

Carson Wentz is going to get a big helping of the Panthers front 4. This may get ugly and fast. I for see a blowout win at home for Carolina. Look for the Eagles to make the score somewhat respectable in garbage time but the game never in doubt. I like the Panthers and the over.

30 - 17

would you start newton over ryan?

Right after the mixed feelings of UM/MSU that happen every year, the next day was Detroit/Carolina.

Wasn't so bad.

Still p*ssed at the way the organization has handles the kneelers but at least the Lions are only down to two now.

Philly offense better than I thought.

Panthers must get the running game shored up. Ryan Kalil getting heathy will help that.

Hopefully Lukes concussion protocol is just precautionary. If not, we focked.

Cant have pro bowl center Kalil and all pro mlb Luke both out. Thats killer.

There is the little over 50% 3 pick cam we all know and love

Cam is back, bud.

Difference is injuries on the online and inabilty to run the ball.

Panthers are good.

Cam is back, bud.

Difference is injuries on the online and inabilty to run the ball.

Panthers are good.

Back to 50% passer. Panthers have a nicr team no doubt, they should make the playoffs.

Lets not chalk up injuries to anything tho. Every team has them. Rodgers hasnt had either tackle for most all thr year thus far. With zero run game until last week. With injuries to all 3 of his top WRs here and there. With now a rookie 5th rounder at RB.

Philly offense better than I thought.

Panthers must get the running game shored up. Ryan Kalil getting heathy will help that.

Hopefully Lukes concussion protocol is just precautionary. If not, we focked.

Cant have pro bowl center Kalil and all pro mlb Luke both out. Thats killer.

I can't believe Luke is still playing, his brain has been fried since last year. It's irresponsible of the league to let him continue playing. :(

still produced fantasy wise though

That must be why people think he's a good QB.

Watched the game last night, sadly the Panthers let me down. The game went pretty much the way I thought it would. Where would they be without McCaffrey? The dude is an absolute stud!

And as for the Eagles, they're the real deal! Not only do they seem to be have all the weapons needed for a Super Bowl run, they're hustling their arses off on both sides of the ball. Could this be the year? Damn, I knew Wentz was special, I really like the guy.