Sign in to follow this  
Prof Poopcicle

Gronk Cleared

Pretty impressive that he's already cleared after ACL surgery. I thought for sure he'd miss the start of the season or be totally rusty trying to play himself back into shape. Get him while you can even though, yes, he will probably just get hurt again

This is good news for people who know what they're doing. Tom Brady's stock just went up....I'll let the sheep take him. No way Gronk can stay upright for more than 10 umm 9 ehh 8 games.

But if he does.... ooops!

• Like 1

Oh my soul

Dude is gonna have a monster season. :banana:

He has a monster season every year until he gets hurt. But drafting Gronk hinders you at RB1 or WR1 unless you are picking in the top 3.

He has a monster season every year until he gets hurt. But drafting Gronk hinders you at RB1 or WR1 unless you are picking in the top 3.

stayed away last year on a hunch...this year all signs point to a huge healthy season for gronk...course he's my TE2 so we shall see

so now if FFtoday still ranks Gronk as tier 3 TE I will lose all faith in anything written on this site :bandana:

Wasnt he cleared in training camp before only to sit out until week 10 or so? I dont see why the pats will risk him coming back too early.

^ From what I understand this means he can't go on the PUP list and be inactive for 6 games right?

Not saying they will or there's any risk but they could still sit him out if they choose to.

I will wait and see what happens this preseason . I just pray i have time.

Yeah, he's cleared....but he's not practicing. Weird. Why would you hold a guy out who hasn't worked with the team in such a long time if everything is fine? You'd think if he was fine, they'd get him as many reps as possible. It's not like he's an old man who needs to rest early in training camp.

Yeah, he's cleared....but he's not practicing. Weird. Why would you hold a guy out who hasn't worked with the team in such a long time if everything is fine? You'd think if he was fine, they'd get him as many reps as possible. It's not like he's an old man who needs to rest early in training camp.

He was running drills today :dunno:

Hmm, Boston Globe reported he wasn't in on the 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 drills. You know, the drills where there might be pushing and shoving involved.

They're handling him like some delicate Faberge Egg. I wonder how ready he's gonna be for the opener.

Hmm, Boston Globe reported he wasn't in on the 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 drills. You know, the drills where there might be pushing and shoving involved.

They're handling him like some delicate Faberge Egg. I wonder how ready he's gonna be for the opener.

He was in individual drills though and caught extra passes from Brady after practice. I'd think keeping him away from higher-risk drills makes sense for now as he is only seven months removed from ACL surgery.

I mean, I think Gronk is a tremendous injury risk, don't get me wrong. But the way they're working him in now is hardly unusual

1. drafting gronk doesn't hinder you at any other position. the dropoff in point production at TE is much steeper than at WR or RB, so replacing wr/rb production later in the draft is much more feasible.

2. real beneficiaries are probably brady and aaron dobson, who can thrive downfield if gronk commands middle of the field attention.

3. might hurt ridley/running backs, as some red zone/goal line runs likely become gronk targets instead.

4. risk of re-injury and missed time is real, so adjust accordingly.

A report came out that said he was planting and cutting very well for being 7 months removed from an ACL injury, and showed no noticeable limitation or fear

• Like 1

I don't trust that coaching staff when it comes to injuries; way too many shenanigans.

Who the heck knows what's really going on in New England? With the relatively high pick that'll be required to get him, I'm steering clear of this dude.

1. drafting gronk doesn't hinder you at any other position. the dropoff in point production at TE is much steeper than at WR or RB, so replacing wr/rb production later in the draft is much more feasible.

2. real beneficiaries are probably brady and aaron dobson, who can thrive downfield if gronk commands middle of the field attention.

3. might hurt ridley/running backs, as some red zone/goal line runs likely become gronk targets instead.

4. risk of re-injury and missed time is real, so adjust accordingly.

The beneficiary to me is the run game. I'm not digging into the exact numbers because neither Ridley or Gronk are targets of mine this year but he's the cog that makes that wheel go.

I really think if you look back at the game logs of when he was on the field the pats run game improved drastically.

Has Gronk had any setbacks? I've read that he wasn't practicing the last few days.

Has Gronk had any setbacks? I've read that he wasn't practicing the last few days.

I dont know why, but i started laughing when i read this. Why do people torture themselves with these players? Just dont draft gronk and you wont have to keep worrying about whether he is healthy or not.

Or just go all in and draft foster + gronk to the same team. Boom or bust.

I dont know why, but i started laughing when i read this. Why do people torture themselves with these players? Just dont draft gronk and you wont have to keep worrying about whether he is healthy or not.

Or just go all in and draft foster + gronk to the same team. Boom or bust.

Not quite that, really need him as a keeper in a league, a lot of crap on my roster.

I'll draft him one pick before I'd take Darren McFadden, Danny Amendola, Vick or Percy Harvin.

I kid - there's a point where the risk is worth it, but a top-25 ADP is waaaay too rich for my blood.

Anyone can get bitten by the injury bug but using first four round pick on a guy that risky is just asking to get burned.

i am keeping 2 wr's for my 1st 2 picks in a 12 team ppr... what if gronk is there for me in the 3rd round pick 8 ? there are a ton of mid range rb's with high upside, makes me wonder if I should take me chance. What would you guys do ?

I like consistent high floor players w my first 4 picks

I won't be taking him.

I ended up taking Gronk as my keeper this year. Gave up a 5th round pick for him in a 12 team league.

Yeah i'm doing the same thing-- worth the risk for a 5th round easily imo

Yeah i'm doing the same thing-- worth the risk for a 5th round easily imo

That's the thing. 5th round is about where risk-reward breaks even for him. At that point you have already drafted 4 what you hope to be impact players, so if you whiff on Gronk you'll still be okay.

But if he crawls up the board he's not worth it. Certainly not at Round 3 which is where a healthy Gronk probably goes. So right now is not a bad time to draft him, but in 3 more weeks if you're drafting I bet he goes in the first 3 rounds. And then he's too risky imo.

He's still a risk in the 5th, I expect him to get injured after half a season, if he even manages that. So you have to back him up with another TE. But do you really want to blow two picks on a TE? Take Graham and you only worry about the position at the bye week, or even just eat the goose egg during the bye. Take another crappy TE and you don't care about backing him up either, you just cut him if he doesn't produce or is on bye for someone else.

But with Gronk you have to give him that roster spot, but you realize he might get injured and then you take a shot at TE for that. I feel like you have to back him up.

That's the thing. 5th round is about where risk-reward breaks even for him. At that point you have already drafted 4 what you hope to be impact players, so if you whiff on Gronk you'll still be okay.

But if he crawls up the board he's not worth it. Certainly not at Round 3 which is where a healthy Gronk probably goes. So right now is not a bad time to draft him, but in 3 more weeks if you're drafting I bet he goes in the first 3 rounds. And then he's too risky imo.

He's still a risk in the 5th, I expect him to get injured after half a season, if he even manages that. So you have to back him up with another TE. But do you really want to blow two picks on a TE? Take Graham and you only worry about the position at the bye week, or even just eat the goose egg during the bye. Take another crappy TE and you don't care about backing him up either, you just cut him if he doesn't produce or is on bye for someone else.

But with Gronk you have to give him that roster spot, but you realize he might get injured and then you take a shot at TE for that. I feel like you have to back him up.

theres pretty much no way you're getting him in the 5th, even now. at least if you're drafting with knowledgeable people.... and if he were drafted under the assumption of full health and production he is an early 2nd rounder.

I assumed it was sarcasm. Take A-Rod.

Safe bet, high floor logic has me sticking with Rodgers. Seeing Gronk ranked 13th overall by the likes of Rotoworld's Evan Silva, and the fact that, IF healthy, he provides a much greater advantage at TE than any QB, has made me strongly consider Gronk. That said, still likely rolling with the Bernard, Julio, Rodgers trio.

Thanks for the response and your confidence.