Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Grilled Shrimp Recipe

Anyone got any good ones? Grilling out with some steaks and was gonna throw some shrimp skewers on there too but need a good recipe for a marinade for them

Fresh lime juice, onion powder and cayenne. Baste with garlic butter.

Measurements?

Anyone got any good ones? Grilling out with some steaks and was gonna throw some shrimp skewers on there too but need a good recipe for a marinade for them

Tough to cook. Such a fine line between perfect and rubber. I too appreciate any grilled shrimp,tips.

1 tablespoon celery salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon dry mustard, ⅛ teaspoon each allspice, cloves, and a pinch of ground ginger...3 tbs of butter.

I put them in tin foil. Grill about 8-10 on one side, flip for about another 5. Then skewer them.

Put some buttet in a pan on medium high...until the butter is amber color...drizzle it on after

Measurements?

I usually just eyeball it. I would go 2 large limes, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder in a ziplock bag. For garlic butter take 4 cloves of garlic. Mince garlic then sprinkle with salt and with the side of a wide knife make a paste with the garlic. Mix paste with half a stick of butter and let sit for at least 2 hours.

I don't grill shrimp often, but when I do, I marinade in a Chimichurri sauce.

Tough to cook. Such a fine line between perfect and rubber. I too appreciate any grilled shrimp,tips.

Or dried out shrimp which is equally bad. I had a good recipe years ago but lost in between moves when I was in the military. I started writing stuff down and putting it in a binder after that

I don't grill shrimp often, but when I do, I marinade in a Chimichurri sauce.

I don't normally either but been out at the lake since 10 and felt like grilling out today. So in addition to steaks I wanted to do some shrimp

I do something similar with fresh corn in the summer. Grill it in foil, last couple mins out of foil for some grill marks. Then I cut a lime and rub over Cobb. Sprinkle with salt and a little cayenne.

For the shrimp, just some oil s&p toss on grill, then baste with some honey teriyaki with some cayenne in there as well. Make a little extra to serve as dipping sauce with it.

As you can tell I make pretty much everything spicy

As you can tell I make pretty much everything spicy

Chile de Arbol powder.. If you can find it up there, try it... I use in lieu of Cheyenne - has more kick, bit smokier finish.

Chile de Arbol powder.. If you can find it up there, try it... I use in lieu of Cheyenne - has more kick, bit smokier finish.

Love me some spice. However, my wife and mom can't do a lick of spice at all. My dad can to an extent but he's not real big on it. Me I LOVE spicy foods. So I want to make some spicy shrimp. However, I have to tone it down for them

:cheers:

shrimp grills quickly. a few things i do:

- brush with melted butter, cajun/creole seasoning

- brush with melted butter, hawaiian seasoning i posted recently

- brush with melted butter, chili/lime seasoning

- brush with bbq sauce

- brush with teriyaki

- tequila/lime/garlic marinade

- orange/lemon/lime/garlic marinade

- evoo/thyme/rosemary/lemon juice

- brush with bbq sauce

- brush with teriyaki

How long and at what temp on a standard Weber gas grill?

Thanks again!

i usually have it around 450-500. only a cook a couple of minutes per side. pretty much get the grill marks and turn. nice thing about them is that you can see their color well, and they start to curl.

something else i like doing is grilling the lemons, limes, and oranges..... then juicing. so you are getting the juice of caramelized citrus.

- brush with bbq sauce

- brush with teriyaki

I've got some I'm putting on skewers marinating right now. Others, I'm putting melted butter on and seasoning with my BIL and sisters restaurant seasoning Carolina Rub. (By the way if anyone wants a bottle to try just PM me and I'll mail you a bottle of it)

1 tablespoon celery salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon dry mustard, ⅛ teaspoon each allspice, cloves, and a pinch of ground ginger...3 tbs of butter.

I put them in tin foil. Grill about 8-10 on one side, flip for about another 5. Then skewer them.

Put some buttet in a pan on medium high...until the butter is amber color...drizzle it on after

i usually have it around 450-500. only a cook a couple of minutes per side. pretty much get the grill marks and turn. nice thing about them is that you can see their color well, and they start to curl.

2 different cook times. What are Cyclones credentials?

Edit, I see his are cooked in the foil pack.

I've got some I'm putting on skewers marinating right now. Others, I'm putting melted butter on and seasoning with my BIL and sisters restaurant seasoning Carolina Rub. (By the way if anyone wants a bottle to try just PM me and I'll mail you a bottle of it)

What's the restaurant again.

I've got some I'm putting on skewers marinating right now.

as long as they are submerged you are fine. i typically marinate the items by themselves, then skewer before grilling. you just want them well coated. sometimes that doesn't happen if you skewer first.

in the foil, it is more like steaming. i could see that then finish on the grill for texture. also i did not read his post... did he keep them in shell?

butterflying, and leaving the shell on is another way to go. can coat with melted butter and seasonings. keeping the shell on can help keep more flavor for the shrimp.

What's the restaurant again.

Carolina Wings. It's around mostly the Columbia area. Their rib seasoning is focking excellent too but they don't have that in the small bottles like they do the Carolina rub seasoning

i will use either U10 or 16/20ct

I've eaten 7 corndogs in one sitting....soooo..

I've eaten taken 7 corndogs in one sitting....soooo..

was mrs shots involved?

It's official. The buttered shrimp with the Carolina rub seasoning kicks the hell out of everything I end up doing. I'm telling you guys this seasoning is so freaking good and can be put on steak, chicken, and shrimp as well as things like potatoes

Shrimp only takes a couple minutes a side, when they turn orange and curl they are done. Hard to screw up

Shrimp are so delicious they make me forsake anything similar. Calamari? Why would I eat that when I can just have shrimp? The ideas in this thread and that Carolina rub are making my mouth water.

It's official. The buttered shrimp with the Carolina rub seasoning kicks the hell out of everything I end up doing. I'm telling you guys this seasoning is so freaking good and can be put on steak, chicken, and shrimp as well as things like potatoes

you have a link where it can be purchased ?

Shrimp are so delicious they make me forsake anything similar. Calamari? Why would I eat that when I can just have shrimp? The ideas in this thread and that Carolina rub are making my mouth water.

Longostinos.

butterflying, and leaving the shell on is another way to go. can coat with melted butter and seasonings. keeping the shell on can help keep more flavor for the shrimp.

Never understood this. You end up seasoning that which you don't eat. Crawfish rubes do that too.

you have a link where it can be purchased ?

I don't think they have begun distributing into stores yet or if they are even going to distribute this particular seasoning in the stores. I know my BIL was saying he was gonna do their hot sauce but I'm not sure about this. I just get it directly from them cause my sis will just give me bottles of it

- brush with bbq sauce

- brush with teriyaki

^^

- brush with bbq sauce

- brush with teriyaki

So, BM brushes scrimps with 3 different types of butter and then shellacks them with five different sauces.

Jesus, the Navy doesn't put that many layers on its warships.

Probably finishes them in Thompson's water seal too.

Shrimp are about the easiest thing in the world to cook. Just dont over cook it. Pink and curl, its done.

So, BM brushes scrimps with 3 different types of butter and then shellacks them with five different sauces.

Jesus, the Navy doesn't put that many layers on its warships.

Probably finishes them in Thompson's water seal too.

this thread was about grilling sparky.