Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

So what if the Chargers win HFA in the AFC title game? They won't!

Rivers is most underrated QB in the NFL. If anybody says he's a choker stop yourself, wise up a bit, and look at the teams he's had around him and the teams he's lost to in the playoffs. He get's rid of the ball quick as anybody and has a better defense than ever, this is their year. And ANOTHER thing, you won't catch him beating on any women, Rivers is a real man, a good man.

• Like 1

And ANOTHER thing, you won't catch him beating on any women, Rivers is a real man, a good man.

He doesnt beat women, he impregnates them. Doesnt he have like 12 kids?

Philip Rivers IS the Chargers, which is why they'll be an afterthought again this NFL season. Reason why? He can't handle the playoff pressure. In nine playoff games Rivers has averaged 216 yards passing with 11 TDs and 9 INTs, and an 84 passer rating. Until he proves he can get it done when it counts I can't take that team seriously.

Rivers lost to the Patriots twice, the Steelers once, the Broncos once and the Jets once. All of them but the Jets had phenomenal defenses. Rivers won't face any defense close to that in the AFC playoffs this year. There is one elite defense in the AFC and its on HIS team so he doesn't have to play against it.

Rivers lost to the Patriots twice, the Steelers once, the Broncos once and the Jets once. All of them but the Jets had phenomenal defenses. Rivers won't face any defense close to that in the AFC playoffs this year. There is one elite defense in the AFC and its on HIS team so he doesn't have to play against it.

Ravens D > Chargers D

Chargers look to be getting back Melvin Gordon, Brandon Mebane, Austin Ekeler and Keenan Allen for the Ravens game.

All the talking heads are jumping on the Chargers bandwagon now with power rankings putting them #1 or #2 mostly. They are all coolers too. Makes me almost worried we lose somehow. We see this almost every year. They refuse to give a team credit then finally give in and the team immediately lays an egg. Hope we avoid it.

Chargers lost to the Ravens in a game which really told us very little. Just don't give up fumble returns for TDs in the 4th quarter.

The Chiefs will play twice before the Chargers play again, which may be a blessing in the event the Chiefs win the division before next kickoff. The Chargers at least could use the Broncos game as a bye week and rest the starters. Still this has been a great season winning 11 games and beating the Seahawks, Steelers and Chiefs all on the road.

Chargers lost to the Ravens in a game which really told us very little. Just don't give up fumble returns for TDs in the 4th quarter.

The Chiefs will play twice before the Chargers play again, which may be a blessing in the event the Chiefs win the division before next kickoff. The Chargers at least could use the Broncos game as a bye week and rest the starters. Still this has been a great season winning 11 games and beating the Seahawks, Steelers and Chiefs all on the road.

too bad they really don't have a home field advantage

too bad they really don't have a home field advantage

The Chiefs are quite possibly the weakest #1 seed we've seen in a while should they beat the Raiders. They have no defense and may have lost 2 of their last 3 to get in.

The Chiefs are quite possibly the weakest #1 seed we've seen in a while should they beat the Raiders. They have no defense and may have lost 2 of their last 3 to get in.

Nah, they're not weak at all for a #1 seed. Defense is improving with players getting healthy.

Nah, they're not weak at all for a #1 seed. Defense is improving with players getting healthy.

I'd say all of the #1 AFC seeds from 2009 on were stronger. Most of those were either Peyton Manning led Broncos with that terrific defense or Belichick teams. The 2008 Titans were the last #1 seed that were probably worse.

Seahawks should run the Chiefs out of the gym. Seahawks have a excellent offense, a very good defense, and elite special teams. Just an outright better team and at home too.

Seahawks should run the Chiefs out of the gym. Seahawks have a excellent offense, a very good defense, and elite special teams. Just an outright better team and at home too.

keep it up

Seahawks gave us the help we needed. Now let's look at week 17.

The Chiefs-Raiders game has been moved to the afternoon which helps the Chargers a little bit as now the Chiefs will be scoreboard watching while they play. The Raiders are 3-3 in their last 6 and playing their best ball of the year. Derek Carr has been at his very best as of late, not throwing a pick in over 300 attempts. Meanwhile, the Chiefs are obviously slumping / choking and playing their worst ball of the year. Raiders are catching them at the perfect time and Oakland might very well treat this as their own personal Super Bowl determined to knock the Chiefs out of the #1 seed. The Chiefs might just choke it away yet.

early playoff thoughts:

I have the Steelers knocking off the Bengals and the Browns knocking off the Ravens which means the Steelers are the #4 and the Ravens miss the playoffs. Mobile QBs cause problems for the Ravens defense & I think Baker Mayfield will beat the Ravens. So If we are just a wild card then I have a return trip to Pittsburgh in the first round.

If we are a wild card, I have the seedings as:

#1 Chiefs

#2 Patriots

#6 Colts @ #3 Texans

#5 Chargers @ #4 Steelers

I actually would favor the Colts to beat the Texans because the book is out on the Texans and you beat them by bombing the hell out of their secondary and Andrew Luck will beat them. So you actually get Colts @ Chiefs and Chargers @ Patriots.

If a miracle occurs and the Chiefs LOSE to the Raiders, I have the seeds as:

#1 Chargers

#2 Patriots

#6 Colts @ #3 Texans

#5 Chiefs @ #4 Steelers

I'll pick the Steelers and Colts to win, meaning the Chargers play at home vs the Colts in the second round.

Chargers lifetime playoff record vs possible playoff opponents:

2-1 Steelers

2-1 Colts

0-2 Patriots

1-0 Chiefs

1-0 Titans or 1-3 Titans/Oilers

never met the Texans nor Ravens/Browns in the playoffs

The Chargers are the best team in the AFC.

They always find a way to screw it up. I will believe it when I see them beat a good team in the playoffs

They always find a way to screw it up. I will believe it when I see them beat a good team in the playoffs

That's fair.

The Chargers are the best team in the AFC.

most balanced team.they do not have the best offense, nor the best defense.

True. Your guys have the best offense, but the worst defense. the playoffs should be fun this year.

I grade the Chargers out as the best defense in the NFL, not the Ravens. Ravens have some significant flaws such as being terrible against mobile QBs and a lousy turnover ratio. Lamar Jackson fumbling a whopping TEN times doesn't help but they don't have many picks and don't have many fumble recoveries on defense. But again, I grade teams differently than everyone else and I still have it 1. Saints 2. Chargers 3. Seahawks and then the other teams and the Ravens....are not a playoff team. Most likely the Ravens will lose in a blowout Sunday because I have zero confidence they will stop Baker Mayfield and once the Ravens fall behind by 2 scores they are going to start abandoning their running game and Lamar will get exposed pretty quickly.

I grade the Chargers out as the best defense in the NFL

We get it, you consistently overrate the San Diego Peak-Too-Sooners.

Browns / Ravens isn't over yet. Browns could score again and Lamar Jackson fumbles like crazy.

The bigger issue is Melvin Gordon hurt his ankle. But what a defensive display by the Chargers vs the Broncos!!

We get it, you consistently overrate the San Diego Peak-Too-Sooners.

Chargers defense is suffocating the Broncos. Its awesome.

Good luck in Baltimore.

If you believe in jinxes, this might have just ended the Ravens season. Browns just chewed up the Ravens "defense" and spit it out on that drive. Yikes!

If you believe in jinxes, this might have just ended the Ravens season. Browns just chewed up the Ravens "defense" and spit it out on that drive. Yikes!

whether you travel to pit or bal your season is about to be over

I even called that, I said Browns score and Lamar fumbles and that's just what happened. Now can Baker do it?