Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

John McCain: Brain cancer

Barack Obama

@barackobama

John McCain is an American hero & one of the bravest fighters I've ever known. Cancer doesn't know what it's up against. Give it hell, John.

7/19/17, 7:49 PM

Pure class.

McCain was one of the few politicians on either side of the aisle that actually understood the process of Reaching Across the aisle. That's why idiots like Lim blob exhorted all the Republicans not to vote for him. But then it became McCain and Obama and the GOP lost their s***. Unfortunately, it was too little too late. And as I've mentioned years ago, over seven million Republicans who voted for Bush? Just dropped off the voting rolls entirely for the McCain Obama election. Way to go you extreme nutjobs. You cost your party easily a good eight years of presidency and spent the rest of the time bitching about Obama.

Perfect example of the careful what you wish for.

Best of luck to John McCain. One of the few real men who actually served in combat walking Congress.

McCain was one of the few politicians on either side of the aisle that actually understood the process of Reaching Across the aisle. That's why idiots like Lim blob exhorted all the Republicans not to vote for him. But then it became McCain and Obama and the GOP lost their s***. Unfortunately, it was too little too late. And as I've mentioned years ago, over seven million Republicans who voted for Bush? Just dropped off the voting rolls entirely for the McCain Obama election. Way to go you extreme nutjobs. You cost your party easily a good eight years of presidency and spent the rest of the time bitching about Obama.

Best of luck to John McCain. One of the few real men who actually served in combat walking Congress.

Everything you posted is true.

The McCains, Paul's, Kasichs stand no chance on the National stage. A. They aren't "charismatic" (aka American Idol) enough. and B. Once the media gets a hold of them its drive by sound bite political death.

One of my favorite politicians. I didn't vote for him in 2008 because I can't abide neocons and following eight years of Bushtardation was a particularly bad time to be a neocon, but on other issues I found him to be one of the most reasonable voices out there.

He was a hero and an honorable man decades ago. I honor his service and sacrifice and dedication to our great country. In saying that, fawk him. He became a grand detriment to us. As a candidate for POTUS who pretended to be a conservative or a moderate that nominated a dumb ass milf. He was a horrible political figure for decades. Good riddance. Go away. He, Shummer, Pelosi, Clintons, Ryan's, and all others who have graced congressional halls as career politicians need to go the fawk away.

His future passing needs to spread like Ebola through congress. Honor the man. Honor his service. Honor the fact it's time for him to go and let new blood move this country in a different direction.

Like I said, republicans can't stand the guy because he doesn't just grab the script each morning and spend the say repeating the Fox News rightie talking points. Any Republican who has the balls to speak out against conservative wrongdoing is hated by the right. McCain, Graham, Shepard Smith...

I watched a Frontline show about Bush's war on terror. At one point they mentioned a special meeting between McCain and some Bush advisors about "enhanced interrogation techniques." The official being interviewed said McCain listened quietly for a while before finally standing up and saying "I don't care what you call it, I call it torture" and then walked out.

God bless McCain. He would've been a great president.

I watched a Frontline show about Bush's war on terror. At one point they mentioned a special meeting between McCain and some Bush advisors about "enhanced interrogation techniques." The official being interviewed said McCain listened quietly for a while before finally standing up and saying "I don't care what you call it, I call it torture" and then walked out.

God bless McCain. He would've been a great president.

I do agree with you about McCain. He would have been a very good president. Unfortunately, after the lie that was weapons of mass destruction, plus the fact that we were heading into a depression, there wasn't a republican on the planet that had any chance of winning that election. I will say that choosing Sarah Palin as a running mate does make me question McClain's thought process somewhat, but he definitely would have been a president that put country ahead of party. And God what a breath of fresh air that would have been.

This post irritates me.

Q: What makes a good politician?

A: Being a "wolf in sheeps clothing" lawyer who can woo the masses.

I've always gravitated towards non Lawyer politicians. McCain (Military), both Pauls (Medicine), even Carson (Surgeon).

Why are all the public servants elected either Lawyers or focking actors / reality tv stars?

Where are the engineers, accountants, doctors, military, etc. You know, the people who know real world shiot? Our "representatives".

But they are eaten alive in the stupid 24 hour news, social media and sound bite only news of today.

Like Trump?

I have mentioned here before that I am politically Independent. Even though I voted (once) for Bill Clinton, I was prepared to vote John McCain in 2000. That was the primary that W. Bush hammered McCain with all kinds of nasty misinformation.

If somebody spoke about me the way Bush did Mccain, I'd have to challenge them, face to face. But McCain did not.

I saw McCain at an Eagles concert in Washington, D.C. MCI Center (now Verizon Center) and as he walked past our section I reached out to shake his hand but wasn't close enough. I did yell to him that I'd vote for him if he'd confront W. Bush and rip him.

McCain did hear me and smiled at me and nodded his head as if to say he would run against W. and get even for all the nasty lies.

BUT when Kerry ran against W. and even offered McCain the V.P. position, McCain never once stood up to W.. He even spoke glowingly of Bush. I never got over that. Never !

I do agree with you about McCain. He would have been a very good president. Unfort unately, after the lie that was weapons of mass destruction, plus the fact that we were heading into a depression, there wasn't a republican on the planet that had any chance of winning that election.

I forgot who said something like "McCain never stood a chance" in the past - and then challenged me to provide facts refuting that.

I think it's 538.com or - pretty much any site that keeps track of such stuff. The truth is, McCain was in the lead for most of the way - pretty much through summer and before as I recall. People have a funny way of re-writing history, but Obama was far from a lock.

As much as I hated Palin and Joe the (not really) Plumber bullshiit - it was the economy cratering that fall - and McCain's move to 'suspend his campaign in order to focus on the bail out' that (statistically) killed him. Poll numbers never recovered.

I forgot who said something like "McCain never stood a chance" in the past - and then challenged me to provide facts refuting that.

I think it's 538.com or - pretty much any site that keeps track of such stuff. The truth is, McCain was in the lead for most of the way - pretty much through summer and before as I recall. People have a funny way of re-writing history, but Obama was far from a lock.

As much as I hated Palin and Joe the (not really) Plumber bullshiit - it was the economy cratering that fall - and McCain's move to 'suspend his campaign in order to focus on the bail out' that (statistically) killed him. Poll numbers never recovered.

Think of it...4 years of McCain and we may be looking at 2nd term of Obama now rather than T. Or :puke: , McCain goes4 Years and Hillary edges O for the nomination in 2012 and pulls it out then.

Think of it...4 years of McCain a

and we may be looking at 2nd term of Obama now rather than T. Or :puke: , McCain goes4 Years and Hillary edges O for the nomination in 2012 and pulls it out then.

Reminds me of the Family Guy where Brian prevents 9/11.

Bush can't exploit the fear and xenophobia, loses re-election, etc..

Like a lot of SP,it managed to make you LOL and then :blink: :huh: :o all at the same time.

I'll try to find bits on YT, there's actually some funny bits there.

"Well,I suppose...taken out of context..." LOL

"Coming up - Pat Tillman, tackled by his own Teammates?"

- still too soon.

Like I said, republicans can't stand the guy because he doesn't just grab the script each morning and spend the say repeating the Fox News rightie talking points. Any Republican who has the balls to speak out against conservative wrongdoing is hated by the right. McCain, Graham, Shepard Smith...

Funny you never complain about Dems repeating the party line. Lol what a focking hypocrite.

McCain and Graham. Two of the biggest hawks in Congress. They'd have us in wars all over the planet if they could. No thanks.

Funny you never complain about Dems repeating the party line. Lol what a focking hypocrite.

Fock off shadow. Go buy your uncle a valentine's day card.

Exactly. From the same party that doesn't go take a leak without each other doing it together.

McCain and Graham. Two of the biggest hawks in Congress. They'd have us in wars all over the planet if they could. No thanks.

If there's one good thing I can say about the Trump cabinet, it's that it's devoid of neo-cons. Unfortunately, he replaced neo-cons with racists, billionaire crooks and general retards (Devos, Perry, etc.).

Exactly. From the same party that doesn't go take a leak without each other doing it together.

I was complimenting two guys who aren't afraid top speak out against their party. Are you disputing my claim? :dunno:

Are you also disputing that McCain is disliked by many Republicans because of it?

I was complimenting two guys who aren't afraid top speak out against their party. Are you disputing my claim? :dunno:

Are you also disputing that McCain is disliked by many Republicans because of it?

Not disagreeing at all. I've always liked McCain.

Just saying we have a Democratic Party that essentially hold hands in a group walking down the hall together. I wouldn't exactly say they break Party Line much. Seems the Republicans break far more and that's the only reason we don't have health care right now.

Both sides are shiit.

If there's one good thing I can say about the Trump cabinet, it's that it's devoid of neo-cons. Unfortunately, he replaced neo-cons with racists, billionaire crooks and general retards (Devos, Perry, etc.).

I agree to a point. All cabinets have extremely wealthy crooks, or wall street friendly individuals. All cabinets have individuals who are out of there league. I'd bet we could find "racists" or people who would be considered racist. I mean Obama took conference or advise from the likes of Rev. Wright and the race peddler Sharpton.

I guess I'd have to agree with you as far as the cabinet goes.

But, it's pretty much the same general retards as far as the base goes.

I bet more of them grieved Dale Earnhardt than will grieve John McCain.

I agree to a point. All cabinets have extremely wealthy crooks, or wall street friendly individuals. All cabinets have individuals who are out of there league. I'd bet we could find "racists" or people who would be considered racist. I mean Obama took conference or advise from the likes of Rev. Wright and the race peddler Sharpton.

I've mentioned this before, but if you're ever so inclined look into exactly how long and how many cabinets GoldMan Sachs has held influential roles in- regardless of party. Fock me, it's scary.

I've mentioned this before, but if you're ever so inclined look into exactly how long and how many cabinets GoldMan Sachs has held influential roles in- regardless of party. Fock me, it's scary.

Yep. :thumbsup: Goldman Sachs influences everything. That's what kills me about the "wall street" rhetoric. Both parties do it.

A fan of the man and a fan of the politician he was about 3 terms back. I hope he beats it.

McCain lost the plot years ago as a politician but he's a good man and war hero, I wish him well.

Pragmatically, and it sounds weird, but in a strange back-handed way, I'm glad they found something.

His word salad at the Comey hearing was hard for anyone to watch.

I actually give Comey credit for treating the guy and the question with dignity.

There's probably a few late-nite comics who want their yuk yuks back on that one.

McCain lost the plot years ago as a politician but he's a good man and war hero, I wish him well.

A lot of vets disagree with that.

Geesus, you suck. 'A lot of vets' would agree that now's not the focking time, you classless fock. :thumbsdown:

Do you actually know any vets who've voiced this opinion?

The biggest bunch of focking hypocrites. Ever.

Fock off shadow. Go buy your uncle a valentine's day card.

I hope you didn't hit anyone with that gun toss dooshbag...

Do you actually know any vets who've voiced this opinion?

Tons of vets don't think he's a hero...course they all served with the North Vietnamese Army.