• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,787 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:29 PM

I have a Tissot which I got for around $200 in Grand Cayman in 2009. I've heard them called poor man rolexes. I like wearing watches but couldn't see dropping 5 figures on one.

"I wouldnt even consider sitting out, I love pedo threads." -- tanatastic

#42 KSB2424

KSB2424

FF Geek

• Members
  • 33,622 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

I hate jewelry. The only thing I've ever worn besides my wedding ring are watches. Never had an inkling to ever own a Rolex. I guess I don't get it.

I tend to have 2 to 3 hundred dollar watches in rotation. Never really wanted even a TAG.
Disclaimer: I have no focking idea what I'm talking about.

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

#43 Drizzay

Drizzay

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

Watches?
Tell your story walkin'!

Rev 5:5

#44 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,031 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

My parents both have one.

Dads is a submariner. Nice looking watch. But I'm sure you could get something just as nice for a tenth the price.

Moms is gold and has a diamond bezel. I think it cost north of 30g's.

When they go out, she rocks that, some diamond earrings that are probably about 3 carats each, and her wedding ring that has gotta be five carats. That thing could sink the titanic.

Crazy as Fock, but whatever, it's their money.

Once we went to a football game at the liberty bowl in Memphis. Not a great neighborhood. She wore all that.

I insisted she take it all off and lock it in the glove box of the car. Just begging for a mugging wearing north of 60k in jewelry in the focking ghetto.

#45 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:03 AM

I have a low-end one.

One reason I'd not pay for one. They'll always be someone giving you the look 'Oh; you have the XYZ model. How affordable.' 

I would never spend that kind of money for a watch, even if I were filthy rich.

Nor would I.

I have a Fossil watch my wife bought me for XMAS. Great looking watch and if something happens to it, I don't have to sell a car to replace it.

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.