Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Shout out to your unlikely heros carrying your team

Thank you to

Dak

Greg Zuerlein

Jags D

I am scrounging week to week at receiver and running back, but somehow I am 2nd in points because of these three starters.

Who is surprisingly carrying your team?

If we include the whole season for when the surprise started, I never dreamed going into a season with Luck as an injured keeper set to return and the 'soon to be flying high' Winston as my drafted fill-in, I'd be riding Alex Smith and sitting in 2nd place, 1st in scoring.

Alvin Kamara. Dude. Seriously . Where the fock did you come from? You might as well be black jesus as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

Todd Gurley.

I kept the faith, and have been more than rewarded.

Carson Wentz drafted him 7th round in superflex league, and second on Zuerlein, usually don't care about kickers but he has been killing it.

• Like 1

Definitely Carson Wentz, picked him up on waivers and he's the #1 QB in my leagues

Jags D, ditto

Zeke's legal team, keeping him in my line up so far

Watson......oh wait, he is out

Zeke....oh wait, I traded him

Diggs.......oh wait, he hasnt played in three weeks...

Ok, I got it....LEGATRON!!!!

Wentz, Gurley, Zeke, Engram, Hill (every other week), Baltimores D and KHunt the first few weeks of the season.

No weekly standouts for the first 9 weeks but lately it appears Alvin Kamara will be an MVP for my team in the last 5 weeks. And it appears Golden Tate might be, too.

Alvin Kamara. Dude. Seriously . Where the fock did you come from? You might as well be black jesus as far as I am concerned.

actually alot of people had him pegged since camp..even saw a couple of sites that expected him to surpass peterson for work way back in camp and were touting him....put it this way....they had ingram and signed peterson....then payton fell in love with him during the draft process(or someone in their organization did) and they traded a 2nd to get him

i play in a 12 team ppr high stakes league....first place is around 5k...i took mccaffrey and cook as my top 2 rbs...i. drafted kamara feeling that if someone went down he would end up filling the spot eventually...if not he would make a heck of a flex play or push someone out of my lineup...i felt the guy was going to be a contributor

but i have to admit that his ADP suggests hes an "unlikely hero"......if i was as smart as i think i am i would have taken him 5 rounds earlier lol

Me. For keeping, drafting, and picking up very good players in FF. ☺

You got lucky! :P

You got lucky! :P

Hahaha. Very true with Hunt as I was targeting Mixon. Mixon just went too high in our auction. But, I did put Hunt under a 4 year contract. Only had one contract spot left this last draft so I do get a bit of credit. Unless you don't like Hunt that is.

A Big Thanks To the Following on My Team:

Wentz

Kamara

Abdullah

Booker

AJ Green

Kupp

Garcon

Engram

keeping me in the hunt for first round by at 7-2

A Big Thanks To the Following on My Team:

Wentz

Kamara

Abdullah

Booker

AJ Green

Kupp

Garcon

Engram

keeping me in the hunt for first round by at 7-2

You must be in an 18 team league.

Hahaha. Very true with Hunt as I was targeting Mixon. Mixon just went to high in our auction. But, I did put Hunt under a 4 year contract. Only had one contract spot left this last draft so I do get a bit of credit. Unless you don't like Hunt that is.

Good call

Engram and Kamara for sure. The first I picked up after Clay went down who I picked up after Henry dudded 0's twice in 4 weeks. The second I picked up as a 3rd choice the week that Aaron Jones came on and I think buck allen or someone did was well. I knew I wasn't getting the first two as a 7th waiver pick so i targetted Kamara and boy did that pay off.

All the knuckleheads in my draft that over reached to pick rookies like Mixon and McCaffrey and allowed me to draft Gurley, Gordon (and Cook). Shout out Jags D and Wentz that I picked up off the waivers too.

actually alot of people had him pegged since camp..even saw a couple of sites that expected him to surpass peterson for work way back in camp and were touting him....put it this way....they had ingram and signed peterson....then payton fell in love with him during the draft process(or someone in their organization did) and they traded a 2nd to get him

i play in a 12 team ppr high stakes league....first place is around 5k...i took mccaffrey and cook as my top 2 rbs...i. drafted kamara feeling that if someone went down he would end up filling the spot eventually...if not he would make a heck of a flex play or push someone out of my lineup...i felt the guy was going to be a contributor

but i have to admit that his ADP suggests hes an "unlikely hero"......if i was as smart as i think i am i would have taken him 5 rounds earlier lol

I am in a very competitive superflex(which skews the league a bit) filled with my family members. Winning money means absolutely . It just a hundred dollar league. The important part is beating my brothers and my dad.

AK was on the waivers 5 weeks ago and I picked him up as a flyer after the Carolina game. I put in a waiver claim as the number 11 out of 12 and got him. I did not even know anything about him till I saw him in the Carolina game. He could possibly win me my league.

Mckinon

Thileen

Chris Thompson

Balt D

I traded for Thompson a few weeks ago--last week wasn't great, but I'm very hopeful heading forwards.

I traded for Thompson a few weeks ago--last week wasn't great, but I'm very hopeful heading forwards.

Skins schedule get easier in a couple of weeks so i expect him to do alright

Alex Smith. I still dont totally believe it and I know that Andy is gonna draw up some absurd gameplan out of nowhere to tank Alex when it matters most but the points are pretty much there and have been all year.

Alex Smith. I still dont totally believe it and I know that Andy is gonna draw up some absurd gameplan out of nowhere to tank Alex when it matters most but the points are pretty much there and have been all year.

Smith has a fire under him with a highly drafted rookie waiting in the wings. He remembers what happened the last time there was a young good-looking kid chomping at the bit to play (Kap)--he got benched for being too timid. So he's firing downfield now, and doing a really good job at it.

KAMARA

Drafted him and said from preseason he was gonna go off. God I love when that happens.

New Board Rule:

People need to stop saying how awesome Kamara is, so I can stop feeling so stupid about dropping him when I suddenly needed a QB in week 1 (hurricaned). (grumble grumble could have dropped Jamal Williams grumble grumble)

Greg the Leg off waivers...

After week 1, I could see Kamara was legit and picked him up.

The most unlikely is Cameron Brate. I drafted him last in both my leagues. Has been better then Jimmy Graham so far!!!!!!!

Me. For keeping, drafting, and picking up very good players in FF. ☺

Oh, I didn't pay attention to the words "unlikely" hero in the title. I would have left myself out.

Before Watson went down, it was Will Fuller.

That guy was putting up Beckham-esque numbers in Weeks 5 through 8 with Watson.

Amazing that the most explosive offense in the NFL can be derailed by a putrid QB named Tom Savage. Would have been better for them if they had started "Macho Man" Randy Savage, and he's dead....

Oh, I didn't pay attention to the words "unlikely" hero in the title. I would have left myself out.

I changed the title because I accidentally left out the un

Before Watson went down, it was Will Fuller.

That guy was putting up Beckham-esque numbers in Weeks 5 through 8 with Watson.

Amazing that the most explosive offense in the NFL can be derailed by a putrid QB named Tom Savage. Would have been better for them if they had started "Macho Man" Randy Savage, and he's dead....

Houston's oline sucks. He needs time. It's not a good fit st all