Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Jacksonville at New England: AFC Conference Championship

Congrts to the Pats for another Super Bowl win. If anyone is actually dumb enough to think this game has ANY chance of being good.... wow.... dude. The final games worth watching happened this weekend. Its over now. Whats the point? Blake Bortles, Case Kennum, and Nick Foles are left in the playoffs. Good Luck with that.

Get ready for the lowest rated super bowl ever. :thumbsup:

I'm taking the points plus the Jags.

Not sure that the Jags will win, but 9.5 points are just too many too give up.

So I'll bet Jags with the points.

Jags vaunted D got roasted on Sunday by the Steelers. All 3 RBs active and Gronk and Amendola chewing up the middle of the field. Pats by 13+

Jax had a punt blocked last week.

Sh1t coached teams have that stuff happen to them.

In all honesty. What gives the Patriots the most trouble, is a team that rushes 4 and never blitzes

That is exactly what the Jagovs do.

• Like 1

Jags vaunted D got roasted on Sunday by the Steelers. All 3 RBs active and Gronk and Amendola chewing up the middle of the field. Pats by 13+

44 to San Fran

45 to Pitt

2 of last 4 weeks

Ouch

go jags, lame ass SB here we come :mellow:

Since week 5, Patriots DEF has been lights out (easy schedule though).....except for the Dolphins game when Brady was horrible and Jay Cutler was a stud. Have to believe the Pats overlooked the Dolphins in that one, since they smoked them two weeks earlier and Pittsburgh coming up on a short week.

So if the Pats DEF shows up, Belichick's schemes will make Bortles and company look foolish. Can't see the Jags scoring more than 17, and possibly not more than 10. Brady won't have to do much to win this one.

I tell you Im a touch worried as a Pats fan and Id be a LOT more concerned if Blake Bortles wasnt involved.

I think the Jags have to activate and use Ivory a bit in this one. Smash mouth is the way to play this. Brady v Bortles is too much of a mismatch.

go jags, lame ass SB here we come :mellow:

It could literally be the lowest rated SB ever. Everyone not in Boston has had their fill of the Pats for about 17 lifetimes. Plus, even if a team plays them well -it will all fall apart conveniently and The Pats will "win" anyways. Seattle, Atlanta, and whomever is next to "fock up and hand the game over". Its comical at this point.

So, yeah - Pats vs Viqueens or Buzzards? Not even watching it and neither are many people I know. Not even attending a SB party. 100% worthless. Good night to watch Lord of the Rings or Lawrence of Arabia :D

The Jaguars will be ready for this game... I don't think it will be a blowout like others have been saying, though I hope I am wrong and the Patriots win easily...

• Like 1

Finally NE gets a makeup cake walk.

Peyton Manning stole NEs Rex Grossman SB - and now NEs decades of dominance are rewarded with Bortles, Keenum, and Foles.

its NE last year.

its NE this year.

its NE next year.

its NE EVERY year.

Id take the OVER and Jags with points.

Peyton Manning stole NEs Rex Grossman SB - and now NEs decades of dominance are rewarded with Bortles, Keenum, and Foles.

its NE last year.

its NE this year.

its NE next year.

its NE EVERY year.

Yeah, finally. Lol

its NE last year.

its NE this year.

its NE next year.

its NE EVERY year.

And here I thought no one would take the bait ;)

• Like 1

Line: Patriots -9

Total: 46.5

This has to be a sucker bet. Jax defense is supposedly one of the best which would lead a person to believe they will easily cover the 9 point spread. But when I see something like this, I always go with the odds makers. they are freakishly good at this stuff and they know more than me. I will take Patriots with the 9. Taking over 46.5 for points

The Jags can win this game if they play turnover free, I think. Otherwise, no. Somebody said they should activate Ivory and I agree with that completely. Just rotate the three backs and pound the ball. They probably also need to score at least one defensive TD.

*3+ WR sets, JAC D allows:

35% success rate, 4.6 YPA, 36 RTG

*1-2 WR sets, JAC D allows:

57% success rate, 10.8 YPA, 109 RTG

And tell me again what do the Pats run majority of time and best. Oh yeah 11 personal with Cooks and Hogan on the outside.

Pats double digits

First graders in Jacksonvile are sending the Jags coaching staff playes too beat the Patriots.

I think it's a done deal now.

Cute story.

Jags 23

Pats- 19

Tom Brady's hand

About two weeks ago I went on Barstool Radio and told Dave and Big Cat how I was trying to confirm something I’d heard: That Tom Brady broke his throwing hand weeks ago. I was getting this from someone who’s given me info before that turned out to be a hundred percent accurate. But being the responsible capital-J Journalist that I am, I couldn’t go with the broken hand story until I got confirmation from another source. This is Barstool Sports after all, not ESPN. We have standards.
And truth be told I haven’t been able to confirm the story. At least not in any way that involves someone saying “Yup! Brady sure did break his hand. Feel free to post that and tell everyone it came from me!” But here’s what we all know, feel free to connect the dots any way you want:
–Beginning with the Tampa game in Week 6, there was a noticeable drop off in his passing. Not Max Kellerman’s stupid “cliff,” but a decline. He completed 75 percent of his passes against Tampa and only 52 percent the next week against the Jets. After throwing two interceptions all of last year and none through the first four games, he threw picks in both of those games. He averaged 340 yards per game before the Bucs game, 261 after.
–For the some of the few times in his career, Brady was missing practices. When asked about it on his Westwood One radio appearance by Jim Gray he answered, “I think they have me listed as my Achilles.” And odd turn of a phrase for someone who is actually dealing with an actual Achilles injury.
–He’s been flexing, squeezing and checking out his throwing hand more than we’ve ever seen before.
–When he gets up off the ground, he’s been using his forearm instead of his hand.
–And now we hear he got hit in practice. On the World’s Most Important Hand. Which happens to be attached to a quarterback wearing a red no-contact jersey. And yet if you drive by the stadium, you don’t see the severed head of the player responsible spitted on a pike above the lighthouse, which I think would be the reasonable response if that really happened.
Again, I can’t say for sure he’s been playing with a broken hand. You’ll have to draw your own conclusions. But it would explain a lot. That purple-faced rage Brady directed at Josh McDaniels after he missed a throw, for example. What I can confirm is that he’s fine now. The reports that the medical staff checked him out and he’ll be good to go Sunday are accurate. And if he did have something wrong before, the bye week helped. That’s obvious by the dead-nuts accuracy with which he threw the ball against Tennessee and the bomb he aired out that went 65 yards in the air, one of the longest throws we’ve ever seen him make. And the one definite truth I don’t need any source to confirm is that even if Tom Brady’s hand was injured before, got injured Wednesday, is totally fine or gets amputated and he has to grow another mini-hand like a cull lobster, he’ll still be the best quarterback playing Sunday.

~Jerry Thornton

Going too take a look at the money line.

Teams that score 40+ points in previous playoff game are 9-25-1 ATS following playoff game.

Pats by Double Digits

Nine wins huh, so your telling me there is a chance.

Ephesians 6:13&19

One thing I think people might be underestimating is that both Pats coordinators have been quite preoccupied elsewhere

Sure they have. Like 2004 season, when they lose their OC and DC :rolleyes:

• Like 1

They are playing this "hand" thing up like cray. Its just to get people to piss away their Sunday afternoon to watch this crap. Game will be a laugher.... They'll be able to rest Brady by the 2nd quarter. C'mon. His hand is fine. Like I said, they know a lot of people are skipping this game and have to do whatever they can to sell it. Dont be a sucker. Lame.

The "Super Bowl" is tonights game. Once thats over, the 2017 NFL season is also over. Hopefully the league fixes all the stuff thats broken. Like getting rid of replay completely & going back to what was deemed a catch in the 1970's or whatever. Once the WR has two hands on it, its a catch. Done. Start there and then work n the other numerous problems the league has which has been causing ratings to decine since 2013. Those are the facts.

I have the Jags plus 8.5.

We shall see.

I did put a little on the money line.mm

Let's go Jags.

Proverbs 22:12

They are playing this "hand" thing up like cray. Its just to get people to piss away their Sunday afternoon to watch this crap. Game will be a laugher.... They'll be able to rest Brady by the 2nd quarter. C'mon. His hand is fine. Like I said, they know a lot of people are skipping this game and have to do whatever they can to sell it. Dont be a sucker. Lame.

The "Super Bowl" is tonights game. Once thats over, the 2017 NFL season is also over. Hopefully the league fixes all the stuff thats broken. Like getting rid of replay completely & going back to what was deemed a catch in the 1970's or whatever. Once the WR has two hands on it, its a catch. Done. Start there and then work n the other numerous problems the league has which has been causing ratings to decine since 2013. Those are the facts.

I dont know about it being over by the second quarter but I agree it wont be close. The fact that Bortles despite good pass protection cant make solid throws tells me he wont be able to keep up with Brady.

enough with the hand bull . On the sack, he reached out with his right hand and the OL helped him up. So just STFU about it, Tony and doofus.

enough with the hand bull ######. On the sack, he reached out with his right hand and the OL helped him up. So just STFU about it, Tony and doofus.

The media wants the narrative so the articles can write themselves afterwards, regardless of the outcome.

First good throw by Bortles. Shocked it wasn’t thrown towards the defender’s side.