Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

I'm going to the path of totality

Decided not to go to Charleston. It's supposed to be cloudy and rainy there today so we decided to stay here at the beach. Still get a 99.8% blockage of the sun so that's close enough

Alright, borrowed a co-workers glasses and just looked. Pretty cool, its half sun half moon right now. Just looking out the window its like somebody hit the dimmer switch a bit.

Focking cloudy in Phoenix. Valley of the Sun my ass! :wall:

Clouds parted enough to see it. Of course here it was like less than 1/2 covered, so no big deal. Fun doing the pinhole thing onto flat background I guess. :dunno:

Was one of the coolest things I have experienced.

The lightzing changing as it got closer was crazy. Then as it darkens the bugs start chirping saw a few bats. Just so cool to witness that.

Was one of the coolest things I have experienced.

The lightzing changing as it got closer was crazy. Then as it darkens the bugs start chirping saw a few bats. Just so cool to witness that.

Hey, later on a cloud's going to pass in front of the sun for a few minutes.

kidding. seriously, you and I had totally different experiences.

the wabbits did come out though.

Not exactly a loch ness sighting, but hey...

Yeah that was pretty wild. The total eclipse part did not last long - seemed like a minute. But there was this crazy dark orb in the sky with white fire burning around the edges. Felt like it was so close you could reach up and touch it

I drove 50 miles and watched the total eclipse. Pretty cool and totally worth it.

We got to 82% here in ohio. The best part of the whole thing. Sitting on the porch with the family chilling out, talking having fun for a couple hours. Having teenage daughters we dont do that much anymore. Lots of laughs and memories!!

Yeah that was pretty wild. The total eclipse part did not last long - seemed like a minute. But there was this crazy dark orb in the sky with white fire burning around the edges. Felt like it was so close you could reach up and touch it

Had almost 2 minutes of totality here. The whole lighting as it got closer was just odd.

And then just after totality was like being in a stadium dark as they turn in the lights and they take a while to brighten it all up.

I drove 50 miles and watched the total eclipse. Pretty cool and totally worth it.

Deciding we may plan for it in 2024. Somewhere in southern Illinois or Indiana.

Had almost 2 minutes of totality here. The whole lighting as it got closer was just odd.

And then just after totality was like being in a stadium dark as they turn in the lights and they take a while to brighten it all up.

We supposedly had 2 minutes (right in the middle of the path) but the beginning and end were most of it

Pretty focking cool though. They say even 99% is nothing like totality and I believe it after today

Cloudy in the path of totality :(